The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 09-17-2017, 04:44 PM   #681
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched Reptile View Post
Is there anything left after the Monster stuff? I was thinking that was truly it for the new offerings, which makes me sad. I've still really enjoyed collecting the Nick line, warts and all.
I thought a HSH Usagi was being released and also another series of the blindbag figures. Not HSH blindbags but a series of the basic figures.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 08:06 PM   #682
DVD
Mad Scientist

Received two of the Samurai Warrior Horse sets today.
Pleasantly surprised with these.
Detailing on the horses is great.
Usagi looks terrific and his helmet and visor look pretty cool.
Raph is good as well, but it's going be hard to top Usagi.

Missed out on the Mikey version.

The overall look of the figures with the horses is better than the stand alone releases.

I hope the monster figures live up to these lil guys.

Old 09-17-2017, 09:35 PM   #683
TMNTFanatic4Life
Thug

I'm guessing we won't be getting the Leo and Donnie horse sets, eh? That freaking sucks....I would've loved a complete set.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 10:13 PM   #684
DVD
Mad Scientist

Yup, only the three based upon the box info.

Still worth it for Usagi as it's a pretty cool set up.
Old 09-18-2017, 07:45 AM   #685
DonnieLaForge
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
I thought a HSH Usagi was being released and also another series of the blindbag figures. Not HSH blindbags but a series of the basic figures.
You mean the blind-bagged, stylized minifigs from the proper cartoon which had been trickling out along with some based on OOTS as well?

My impression is those are over with, based on the fact that Playmates decided to drop what is likely their remaining future stock in the form of two different bundled window box battle packs that are all over Target right now. I would be highly surprised to find any more released as blind bags.
DonnieLaForge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 10:44 AM   #686
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
You mean the blind-bagged, stylized minifigs from the proper cartoon which had been trickling out along with some based on OOTS as well?
Yeah those would be the ones. I think they did a 'movie series' a 'series 1' and a 'series 2.' I was kind of expecting a 'series 3' because I didn't recognize all the small figures at toy fair.
Quote:
My impression is those are over with, based on the fact that Playmates decided to drop what is likely their remaining future stock in the form of two different bundled window box battle packs that are all over Target right now. I would be highly surprised to find any more released as blind bags.
If you stop this video at 8:07 is that previously released HSH Leatherhead or something new? And at 5:55 is that Usagi cancelled and what about the Leo and Mikey next to Usagi?
Then at 8:21 there is a Don and Leo in the back of the middle tier I don't recognize as well as a Raph underneath on the side. Also a Don up front I don't recognize. You are probably correct that blind bags are finished.

Old 09-18-2017, 12:44 PM   #687
DonnieLaForge
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
If you stop this video at 8:07 is that previously released HSH Leatherhead or something new? And at 5:55 is that Usagi cancelled and what about the Leo and Mikey next to Usagi?
Then at 8:21 there is a Don and Leo in the back of the middle tier I don't recognize as well as a Raph underneath on the side. Also a Don up front I don't recognize. You are probably correct that blind bags are finished.
Hmm. I don't follow HSH too close, but, I have heard a lot of speculation that it's over (for example, the safari turtle lineup did not reach completion and raph with large elephant did not get distributed too well). I think I have read here people complaining that the Usagi is likely canceled. Who knows for sure, though?

Interesting -- that Leatherhead does NOT look like the HSH to me...neither do Dogpound / Fishface on that 3-tier riser, and there's a toon April there, too. I'm not exactly sure which turtles you mean, are you talking about the translucent green ones? The battle packs include some translucent green turtles with some gold paint on them, I assumed they were the leftover "emerald" versions that were the rares in the last series. Maybe they are redecoed emeralds though. Maybe the ones you see there in the video are the legit emeralds. I never found/saw the legit emeralds. The translucent blue/purple leo/don were rares as well, I do have one of those. Those were called "diamonds".

At least 4 definitely new figures there, which I had no idea were in the pipe... Hmmm. I dunno. Perhaps a surprise final release could be in the cards. You've given me hope.
DonnieLaForge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 02:24 PM   #688
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Hmm. I don't follow HSH too close, but, I have heard a lot of speculation that it's over (for example, the safari turtle lineup did not reach completion and raph with large elephant did not get distributed too well). I think I have read here people complaining that the Usagi is likely canceled. Who knows for sure, though?

Interesting -- that Leatherhead does NOT look like the HSH to me...neither do Dogpound / Fishface on that 3-tier riser, and there's a toon April there, too. I'm not exactly sure which turtles you mean, are you talking about the translucent green ones? The battle packs include some translucent green turtles with some gold paint on them, I assumed they were the leftover "emerald" versions that were the rares in the last series. Maybe they are redecoed emeralds though. Maybe the ones you see there in the video are the legit emeralds. I never found/saw the legit emeralds. The translucent blue/purple leo/don were rares as well, I do have one of those. Those were called "diamonds".

At least 4 definitely new figures there, which I had no idea were in the pipe... Hmmm. I dunno. Perhaps a surprise final release could be in the cards. You've given me hope.
Yeah I thought I heard a whisper of the HSH Usagi being cancelled. Next to him looks like Samurai HSH figures. I wouldn't really want any of the HSH stuff except maybe Usagi. But I have been collecting the blind bag figures so am most curious about them.

My eye is falling on the white/clear/translucent Leo in the row of what appears to be four Leo's in a row. Also under the Raph off to the side appears to be a white/clear/translucent Raph and then a white/clear/translucent Don up front. I'm not sure how to describe the color so I put all three terms I could think of to describe them.

I don't remember these white/clear/translucent variations from past series. The Don is front row center. On the table not the tier shelves.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:42 PM   #689
METALHEAD
Stone Warrior

i heard the monster based turtles will be out in time for halloween. honestly this will be the last figures i'll buy until the new tmnt series comes out. i even have glow in the dark paint ready to paint over their eyes. just to give them a homage to the original universal monsters line.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:41 AM   #690
Danetello
Stone Warrior

They've already started showing up in stores this week - I found four of the six myself yesterday.
Danetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 03:31 PM   #691
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

After watching Wanted: B&R, I'm suddenly WAY more interested in the 80's costume B&R figures. Think I'll try to pick 'em up when they start showing up in stores and replace their crummy recycled weapons with some spare Loyal Subjects gear that I've acquired in my search for Slash.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:52 PM   #692
MST3KFan
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix12345 View Post
After watching Wanted: B&R, I'm suddenly WAY more interested in the 80's costume B&R figures. Think I'll try to pick 'em up when they start showing up in stores and replace their crummy recycled weapons with some spare Loyal Subjects gear that I've acquired in my search for Slash.
I saw new Bebop figure for the Wanted: B&R in my local Target and decided against getting him. He's just the Nick Bebop we got before repainted to look like the 80s Bebop and a turtle shell glued on one shoulder as the only new thing added.

I wish I could find a Muck Man or Usagi around here, but I'm guessing they're this toyline's version of 'Scratch'.
MST3KFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 04:21 PM   #693
Autbot_Benz
I Am The Doctor

Tokka got an answer regarding the SDCC Usagi Set

no reissues, #Nickelodeon licencing specifically limited this set to just 300+. That's all we are getting ever. #Scalpers win ..#TMNTfans & #UsagiYojimboFans loose. I'm so sorry, guys. I tried so hard ro stay on top of this and advocate for this.

From his Instagram.

I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 11:38 PM   #694
useasneeded4pain
Thug

Found 5/6 of the Monster Turtles (no Monster Hunter Raph) and 80s Rocksteady at Meijer tonight. Also on the back of Rocksteady is 80s Leo in trenchcoat sorta like the old undercover Turtles.

It's a shame this line is ending, because these figures have more detail and paint deco than a lot of the previous Turtle variants. And Teen Wolf Mikey might be my favorite figure in the line.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image1 (7).jpg (97.0 KB, 42 views)

Last edited by useasneeded4pain; 09-22-2017 at 11:43 PM.
useasneeded4pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 11:40 PM   #695
Autbot_Benz
I Am The Doctor

Kinda wish Playmates would have done figures from the Mad Max Episode. I love future Raph

I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 12:14 AM   #696
Ninjinister
無問題

I thought there was going to be an 80s Raph too?

I make terrible video games. Please buy them.
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 01:29 AM   #697
Hero
British Bloke

Aren't the Road Rebel/Rebel Road figures based on the finale?

Playmates said those are on hold.
Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 01:30 AM   #698
Powder
Endless Screw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
Aren't the Road Rebel/Rebel Road figures based on the finale?

Playmates said those are on hold.
Did we ever even get a look at those?
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 01:39 AM   #699
Candy Kappa
Passive-Aggressive Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Tokka got an answer regarding the SDCC Usagi Set

no reissues, #Nickelodeon licencing specifically limited this set to just 300+. That's all we are getting ever. #Scalpers win ..#TMNTfans & #UsagiYojimboFans loose. I'm so sorry, guys. I tried so hard ro stay on top of this and advocate for this.

From his Instagram.
that sucks, the one sdcc exclusive they make that's worth getting is impossible to get at a fair price.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 04:21 AM   #700
StealthNinjaScyther
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Did we ever even get a look at those?
Spoiler:

Only the promotional art, assuming we're talking about the Road Warriors figures. They kind of look like they could be easily retooled from the Super Shredder turtles so that might make it more likely that Playmates will release them that way, if they get made at all.

Speaking of retools, is that all we're going to get of the bad guys from the final season? Tiger Claw, Bebop, and Rocksteady are it so far. Kavaxas, zombie Shredder, and Jei all made it to the prototype stage but we don't have any indication that any of them will end up being released at this point.
StealthNinjaScyther is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2017, playmates bashing