The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 07:06 PM   #1741
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I'm looking forward to how the tone of the series will be handled, and whether it will be episodic or serialized.

I was a little nervous when I heard that this show will be more lighthearted than the previous Nick one, but am now open to seeing how it will be handled.

It was sort of similar with Pokemon, where I was initially a little iffy about the more Lighthearted tone of the Sun/Moon anime and its drastic changes from XY, but I now have come to love the new style and direction.
Old 11-06-2017, 07:12 PM   #1742
CyberCubed
Overlord

I still expect action and continuity, but I am curious about the humor.

The Nick show had a very distinct humor style similar to Teen Titans or that kind of cynical humor, I'm curious how the new show will set apart from it.
Old 11-06-2017, 08:48 PM   #1743
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
but it's still OUR franchise.
It's Viacom's franchise.
Old 11-06-2017, 08:49 PM   #1744
CyberCubed
Overlord

Vegita-san is probably the only person here who continually thinks the franchise must be catered to him. Considering he's an almost 40 year old adult, he should realize he's about 30 years off the target audience.
Old 11-06-2017, 09:13 PM   #1745
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Yeah. It takes a special kind of retardedness to claim ownership over a franchise.

It ALSO takes a special kind of cynicism to try to bring a man down for just being excited and optimistic about something, like CyberCubed. He might be a little overbearing, sure, but that's to what it boils down.
Old 11-06-2017, 09:22 PM   #1746
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Yeah. It takes a special kind of retardedness to claim ownership over a franchise.

It ALSO takes a special kind of cynicism to try to bring a man down for just being excited and optimistic about something, like CyberCubed. He might be a little overbearing, sure, but that's to what it boils down.
Not if it's his bizzare brand of optimism. The kind where he'll freak out and complain about everything at first, and then become a diehard fan and question the sanity of all who dare think differently.

It's the same old song. I can't be the only one sick of it by now.

*INb4 Cubed chases away the creators of this show should they be foolish enough to post here.*

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 11-06-2017, 09:22 PM   #1747
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Only if it's good. We shall see.
Naw man. You will. You know you will. It's just the same ol song and dance with you.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 11-06-2017, 09:26 PM   #1748
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Oh no... the member critics are turning on each other now too.

Old 11-06-2017, 10:49 PM   #1749
Sumac
Banned

Franchises belong only to franchise owners.
Old 11-07-2017, 06:25 AM   #1750
Vegita-San
Emperor

oh for Frig's sake.

OUR Franchise as in, we helped make it what it is by supporting it with our dollars and time.

as in it's still something we enjoy and enjoy following.

therefore, we should get an opinion on it still, even if it's not targeted toward US anymore. and are well out of the age group it's being targeted toward.
Old 11-07-2017, 06:43 AM   #1751
Coola Yagami
Overlord

True, we'll have an opinion, noone can stop us. Just remember our opinion doesn't matter. It's little Timmy who's 8 and gonna bug his mom to buy him the lastest Rise of the TMNT action figures opinion whose going to matter.

Old 11-07-2017, 07:19 AM   #1752
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
True, we'll have an opinion, noone can stop us. Just remember our opinion doesn't matter. It's little Timmy who's 8 and gonna bug his mom to buy him the lastest Rise of the TMNT action figures opinion whose going to matter.

Old 11-07-2017, 07:24 AM   #1753
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

No, that Timmy is "too old," marketers say eff him.

And apparently so did his show creators.

Hey guys! Here's a fantastic idea! Maybe Timothy will make a big amazing yuge return, age down and be the new Zach! (Okay he already was kinda, but that's like the best side character Nick could choose to return I'm sure.)
Old 11-07-2017, 07:34 AM   #1754
TheJ-manTurtleMan
Stone Warrior

I wonder when we'll see the new designs. They've already done voice work, so they must have designs made up right? Is that how it works?

"I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!"
Old 11-07-2017, 11:30 AM   #1755
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJ-manTurtleMan View Post
I wonder when we'll see the new designs. They've already done voice work, so they must have designs made up right? Is that how it works?
They already have scripts from the entire first season done. In the trailer you see the VA's reading for scripts from like 10-15 episodes in already.
Old 11-08-2017, 02:31 PM   #1756
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I'm a little worried about the voice direction.

There are so many ways that it could go wrong, and there are so many reasons why it could go wrong.

Overall, I'm anxious about how it could turn out.
Old 11-08-2017, 02:31 PM   #1757
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

It'll be fine. The voice actors have never made or broken any TMNT cartoons that I'm aware of.
Old 11-08-2017, 02:38 PM   #1758
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
I'm a little worried about the voice direction.

There are so many ways that it could go wrong, and there are so many reasons why it could go wrong.

Overall, I'm anxious about how it could turn out.
Why on earth would you think that when Rob Paulsen is the voice director? From the clips we've seen already the new voices sound decent already, and they'll grow into their characters as the show progresses like any voice actors.

Seriously, this is a bizarre complaint, and I know you just said this just to cause controversy here.
Old 11-08-2017, 02:46 PM   #1759
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Why on earth would you think that when Rob Paulsen is the voice director? From the clips we've seen already the new voices sound decent already, and they'll grow into their characters as the show progresses like any voice actors.
I'm just worried that the voice direction (and dialogue) will make the characters sound like "woke" and "trendy" millennial stereotypes.

Look at this. They'll probably make up Trump jokes too.

That's all.

Last edited by Papenbrook; 11-08-2017 at 03:05 PM.
Old 11-08-2017, 03:39 PM   #1760
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

They're teenagers... or do you prefer the Turtles to sound like baby boomers getting cranky about kids on their lawn?
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters