The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 11-14-2019, 10:40 AM   #821
BlueKatana
Hench Mutant

I keep seeing the Walmart’s in my are restocking the Battleshell figures and the couple Bug Busters. Guessing it will be there holiday stock.
Old 11-20-2019, 01:22 PM   #822
Raptor86
Stone Warrior

Location: Palermo, Italy (Currently in Amsterdam, the Netherlands)
From the Ninja Pizza Facebook page

TMNT fan and toy collector Vaughn Michael (@collector.13 on Instagram) contacted Playmates Toys, asking about the future of the Rise of the TMNT toy line. The response he received was surprisingly forthcoming, stating that there will be NO Rise of the TMNT toys in the new year, and that they will instead be focusing on "classic" TMNT.

Raptor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 01:36 PM   #823
ls1z28
Hench Mutant

Anyone want to spare my eyesight and tell me why I have never seen any of the villains, with the exception of wave 1?
ls1z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 02:17 PM   #824
Tmntfan4life
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1z28 View Post
Anyone want to spare my eyesight and tell me why I have never seen any of the villains, with the exception of wave 1?
Right and they wonder why the toys hardly sale maybe if u release a new wave with new characters it would ...SALE!
Tmntfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 03:09 PM   #825
Browne762
Foot Soldier

I am OK with this if they sell more of the classics then just the 4 turtles.

For as many Wave 1 figures I keep coming across they will be available until 2021 anyway.

I will be missing one figure or maybe two, but am close to a complete set of Rise figures for what has actually hit store pegs. Was really happy to get the Donnie chase figures (even though everything after Wave 1 feels like a Chase figure) and I was getting pretty tried of hunting everyplace to find new figures to just find more Wave 1 and was really about to give up on the line anyway.
Browne762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 03:11 AM   #826
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
The classics will be released in time for the 30th anniversary of Turtlemania next year. The 2020s will belong to the 90s revival in the beginning, at least.

I wonder if we will see more mutants and robots over turtle variants this time around.

A large range of newly made Scratch reissues would be nice for the collectors.
What precisely would this 30th anniversary be celebrating? The movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1z28 View Post
Saaaame. But it's not like even the Turtle variants have been easy to find either. I've seen Battle Shells twice and a Bug Buster once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor86 View Post

TMNT fan and toy collector Vaughn Michael (@collector.13 on Instagram) contacted Playmates Toys, asking about the future of the Rise of the TMNT toy line. The response he received was surprisingly forthcoming, stating that there will be NO Rise of the TMNT toys in the new year, and that they will instead be focusing on "classic" TMNT.

https://scontent.fams2-1.fna.fbcdn.n...60&oe=5E532457
I'd've thought Vaughn'd post that here himself.

Admin of Turtlepedia. If you have any questions or problems, let me know!

Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 07:56 AM   #827
D Piddy 1982
Hench Mutant

Quote:

Damn. What with this and all the other evidence I think the UK/Europe can kiss goodbye to any future rise figures past Albearto and Foot Lt. Real shame. Love Rise and love the Rise figure line.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those... moments... will be lost, in time, like tears... in... rain. Time... to die."
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 09:52 AM   #828
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Rise of the TMNT figures have been elusive as hell other than the first wave. Guess that is that. I'm still hoping to find a bullhop and some of the other villains before the line disappears entirely. But I'm not sad to see it go.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 09:43 PM   #829
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
I wasn’t talking about Playmates celebrating the 30th Anniversary of the first Golden Harvest movie next year or Turtle-mania ‘90. Turtle-mania will be 30 years ago starting in April of 2020. The Turtle-mania of 1990 came one month after the first Golden Harvest film was released in theaters (March 30, 1990).
And what is this you speak of, then?

Old 11-21-2019, 10:13 PM   #830
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:

Wow, that kind of says a lot. Though I'm not surprised. It's always been the same old figures at my Walmart every time I've glanced at it. The small space had been full up for a while (though recently a bunch sold, I imagine possibly for Christmas), but I don't think this store ever got anything that came out this year. Just not selling too good I guess. I think the only 2019 release I've seen in person were those Five Below figures.

Will be interesting to see what they do with the classics. Maybe they are catching on that collectors are a larger market than the kids these days...?
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 05:22 AM   #831
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior

The rise line cant do well since they cancell already.i can live with that since i have decided to just collect series 1 from playmate from all shows coming In the future unless they step up.is it just me or does this going back to classic feel like they are going to stop Neca relasing the target toon series and GS 90 movie series.unless its change Neca can not make 87/90/mirage tmnt figures if playmate does or at least sell them In same store AS playmates.this feels like 09 all over again.
The Purple Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 01:50 PM   #832
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I was saying that more classics will be released in time for the 30th Anniversary of Turtlemania ‘90. I don’t know what the packaging for the classics reissues will look like or what characters will be selected for each wave. The release of the classics will coincide perfectly with the 30th Anniversary of Turtlemania ‘90 for me.
Excuse me.... but what the shell is 'turtlemania '90' supposed to be??you are using that term repeatedly as if you mean a specific product or piece of entertainment, but to me turtlemania simply is a term describing the global phenomenon of the ninja turtles craze that has sweapt many a country in the late 80s, early 90s...
So, if you are in fact talking about that then...how come you are connecting a specific Year to that?
Just asking...
Old 11-22-2019, 06:37 PM   #833
mikey0
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelangelo View Post
Excuse me.... but what the shell is 'turtlemania '90' supposed to be??you are using that term repeatedly as if you mean a specific product or piece of entertainment, but to me turtlemania simply is a term describing the global phenomenon of the ninja turtles craze that has sweapt many a country in the late 80s, early 90s...
So, if you are in fact talking about that then...how come you are connecting a specific Year to that?
Just asking...
The toys were the number 1 best selling holiday season toys in the UK and the US in that year. The craze happened in that year.

Last edited by mikey0; 11-22-2019 at 08:22 PM.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 08:25 PM   #834
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Good luck focusing on 'classic' tmnt when NECA is already killing it in that area Playmates. Well, aside from their terrible stock situation. Hard to find a lot of the figures unfortunately.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 09:36 PM   #835
mikey0
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Good luck focusing on 'classic' tmnt when NECA is already killing it in that area Playmates. Well, aside from their terrible stock situation. Hard to find a lot of the figures unfortunately.
I believe Playmates meant reissues of the classic 1988 to 1997 TMNT figures.
Old 11-23-2019, 06:08 AM   #836
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
The toys were the number 1 best selling holiday season toys in the UK and the US in that year. The craze happened in that year.
I See...thanks for clearing that up.
However I wouldn't hold my breath for something official commemorating the Peak of product Sales my Friend.. just saying...
Old 11-23-2019, 07:03 AM   #837
mikey0
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelangelo View Post
However I wouldn't hold my breath for something official commemorating the Peak of product Sales my Friend.. just saying...
I have not ever known Playmates to do something like that.
Old 11-23-2019, 08:38 AM   #838
lonewarrior20
Hench Mutant

Was able to get the foot lt and alberto at an east peoria walmart yesterday, they had 2 of each left. We haven't heard from our insider dvd for a while. Hope everythings alright.
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 01:02 PM   #839
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:

Wow even Playmates knows what a pile of Crap Rise is.

I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 01:14 AM   #840
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
I don't think 1990 was "the" year for the craze outside of the movie bumping it up. That's what I was trying to figure out why you kept saying "Turtlemania '90" like it was a "thing".

Tags
2018, action figures, playmates, rise of the tmnt, toys