The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-29-2016, 12:46 PM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord

The Orville

Quote:
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. alumna Adrianne Palicki is set as the female lead opposite Seth MacFarlane in his 13-episode straight-to-series hourlong comedic drama for Fox. Also cast in the project is longtime MacFarlane voice actor Scott Grimes.

Set 300 years in the future, the untitled show — MacFarlane’s first live-action TV series — follows the adventures of the Orville, a not-so-top-of-the-line exploratory ship in Earth’s interstellar fleet. Facing cosmic challenges from without and within, this motley crew of space explorers will boldly go where no comedic drama has gone before.

MacFarlane plays Ed, captain of Orville. Palicki plays Kelly Grayson, Ed’s ex-wife and the newly appointed First Officer of the Orville. Grimes plays Gordon, Ed’s best friend whom he hires to pilot the Orville.

Palicki is coming off a two-season stint on ABC’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, where she played fan favorite Bobbi Morse. Along with Nick Blood, she also toplined the spinoff pilot Marvel’s Most Wanted this past season. In features, she recently co-starred in John Wick. The Friday Night Lights alumna is repped by WME, Anonymous Content and attorney David Fox.

Grimes has been acting alongside MacFarlane for more than a decade on MacFarlane’s animated comedy American Dad, where Grimes is a main cast member, voicing the son of MacFarlane’s Stan. Grimes also has done voice work on MacFarlane’s flagship animated comedy Family Guy. Grimes, who recurred on Justified, is repped by Abrams and Industry Entertainment.
http://deadline.com/2016/07/adrianne...st-1201794853/

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 10-06-2017 at 02:23 AM. Reason: title
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 12:46 AM   #2
Autbot_Benz
I Am The Doctor

Loving The Orville so far its more Star Trek than Discovery is. Its Seth's Love Letter to TNG

I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:31 AM   #3
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

I am legitimately shocked by how much I'm enjoying this show.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
plastroncafe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:34 AM   #4
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

wow. posted a year ago, and hardly any activity. guess folks where not expecting much.

except for a few badly placed jokes that ruined the drama, and action pacing in the pilot, i rather quite enjoyed it. i'm waiting for this ones first season to be done before I delve into it.

seeing as how it's on fox, and they screwed over sleepy hollow, i'm not hoping for a happy ending with this series.

But yes, it DOES feel ten times more like trek than that drek discovery...with a far more interesting set of characters.

And it's odd to say that, since brannon braga is on this series too..one half of the crew that helped ruin modern trek after a bit of trek burnout.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:35 AM   #5
MsMarvelDuckie
I know Quack-Fu

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Same here! It reminds me of a slightly more serious (relatively speaking) "Galaxy Quest" style spoof. Plenty of Trek flavor but more easy-going. Only quibble is the ship design. The back end looks weird. Love the shark-like look of the front half- just can't quite get that odd engine configuration.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 12:05 PM   #6
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Woops, wish this guy luck with the ratings, The Cleveland show got cancelled after how many seasons?
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote