The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 05-24-2017, 03:08 PM   #1
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Raped & deported?

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...et-her-n764116

What a quandary. It can't be right that illegal immigrants should be afraid in any way, shape or form from prosecuting people that have done them wrong while in the United States... though I don't know that illegal immigrants should just be arbitrarily rewarded with free-and-clear citizenship by virtue of their getting raped here (where they're not even legally supposed to be), either. This is a tough one.

I'd say, jeeze... the Law/immigration looks the other way the entire time the case is going on and is concluded, right? The next time she runs a red light or tries to show a fake/purchased ID or whatever, however, different story.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 04:09 PM   #2
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Her lawyer told her to go and fight her rapist in private instead. That's just asking for more trouble...

Definetly wrong what happened to her and her rapist should be prosecuted, but the law should be respected no matter what, this isnt a particularly hard decision. She should've never been able to enter the country in the first place unless she did all the proper paperwork.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 04:11 PM   #3
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

It's less people coming here without the proper documentation, and more that they stay here after it's expired.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 04:20 PM   #4
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
It's less people coming here without the proper documentation, and more that they stay here after it's expired.
That's arguably worse. At least the guy sneaking over the border isn't being fraudulent.
Old 05-24-2017, 04:28 PM   #5
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
That's arguably worse. At least the guy sneaking over the border isn't being fraudulent.
Arguably worse is right.

People will inevitably choose the path of least resistance.
Come to Boston. Know why the roads don't make sense? It wasn't cows, it was people cutting corners in order to get somewhere faster.

Same thing here.
It's easier to stay here on an expired visa than it is to try and keep up with the paper work, because our system is inefficient, and worse than that: it's expensive.
My ex has three degrees (BA, MA, PhD) and couldn't find a job that would foot the bill of her paperwork, so when her student visa expired she went home.

But no one in power is going to fix it, because currently we've got xenophobic jingoistic yokels driving the bus, and any Immigration Reform package is far too easily spun into "Let'em All In!"

So you get what happened here:
A woman was brutalized and was brave enough to come forward, only to be threatened into silence.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 04:49 PM   #6
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
But no one in power is going to fix it, because currently we've got xenophobic jingoistic yokels driving the bus, and any Immigration Reform package is far too easily spun into "Let'em All In!"
True enough.

Quote:
So you get what happened here:
A woman was brutalized and was brave enough to come forward, only to be threatened into silence.
The sad part is... what would happen if the rape happened in most parts of Mexico, and she came forward? Probably a whole a lot of nothing. That is, unless she happens to be affiliated with the Los Zetas, Cartel de Golfo, the Tempularios or any one of a number of cartels that've infiltrated pretty much all manners of police... then they might go and cut the guy's head off and dissolve his body into acid on video for her enjoyment. That's assuming, of course, she was and he's not... other way around, she gets the maiming party and acid bath.

Nasty business.
Old 01-31-2018, 01:41 AM   #7
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Normally, UPS just puts a slip on my door wondering why I'm not there between 8-5, Monday through Friday.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/77...z&ocid=UP97DHP
Old 11-20-2018, 10:56 AM   #8
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Judge blocks Trump administration from denying asylum claims to immigrants who cross border illegally:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/20/polit...ons/index.html

"There is no justifiable reason to flatly deny people the right to apply for asylum, and we cannot send them back to danger based on the manner of their entry."

There is every justifiable reason, if they're entering illegally and not immediately seeking asylum. They know what they're doing.
Old 11-20-2018, 11:03 AM   #9
Sumac
Banned

And how does it work from the position of the logic?
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 12:17 PM   #10
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Judge blocks Trump administration from denying asylum claims to immigrants who cross border illegally:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/20/polit...ons/index.html

"There is no justifiable reason to flatly deny people the right to apply for asylum, and we cannot send them back to danger based on the manner of their entry."

There is every justifiable reason, if they're entering illegally and not immediately seeking asylum. They know what they're doing.

I always thought someone who claims asylum has to go to the closest or neighboring country that is safe, am I correct???? Illegal immigrants are abusing the privilege of Asylum.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 12:44 PM   #11
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
I always thought someone who claims asylum has to go to the closest or neighboring country that is safe, am I correct???? Illegal immigrants are abusing the privilege of Asylum.
Yeah. They're supposed to walk up to the border, wait in line, go up to the counter and say, "I seek asylum." Then they go into detention until their day in court where they plead their case which, 99.5% of the time will end with them taken back to their country of origin because stuff like "there's no jobs where I come from!" and "my husband beats me!" are not valid reasons for granting asylum.

What they're saying now is that anyone from other countries can punch through the border, even make it to any of our cities, buy a car, and then get pulled over one day and THEN can be like, "Oh, I'm seeking asylum" and the fact that they came in illegally should be irrelevant now.

Nonsense.
Old 11-20-2018, 03:44 PM   #12
Sumac
Banned

And I am pretty sure everyone who will oppose it, will be called "inhuman monsters" by certain group of people. Apparently this certain group of people doesn't really care about their own country, but it's not like it the first time something like that happens.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
open borders, we want the caravan