The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 07-08-2017, 04:08 PM   #1
Danetello
Stone Warrior

Question OT Krang, Dimension X, banishment and other stuff

Right off the bat from when we first see Krang we learn that he was banished to Earth and his body (whatever form that actually was) was taken from him. This leads me to wonder a couple of things.

First of all, apparently Krang has been working on a dimensional portal, and when he claims it is finally operational at the end of season one, the Technodrome is sent back through the portal. Upon arriving in Dimension X, it is apparent that Krang has a vast army waiting for his return, ready to serve under his command once again.

So the question to that part is, where are the ones who banished him? Why do they never try to banish him again, and why does Krang never try to recover his original body whilst in Dimension X?

Second, and this kind of leads on from the first thing, what does he do all day when he isn't pulling some ridiculous from behind his back (literally)? Does he actually command his army? Was Krang retaking Dimension X sector by sector whenever he was off screen?

I know we're never going to know for sure, but I think it's interesting and fun to speculate.

Thoughts?

Danetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 04:15 PM   #2
Powder
So tired of this place

He was banished by Kraang Sub-Prime.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 04:17 PM   #3
Danetello
Stone Warrior

Well, that's a matter of perspective, which has been discussed endlessly on other threads. That doesn't really answer what I was asking, though.

Old 07-08-2017, 05:14 PM   #4
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danetello View Post
So the question to that part is, where are the ones who banished him? Why do they never try to banish him again, and why does Krang never try to recover his original body whilst in Dimension X?
Who banished him? Good question. It might've been a rival conqueror, or it might've been someone siding with the Neutrinos looking to end the war(s). Why do they never try to banish him again? Who knows? Maybe they did try again, and we just never saw it onscreen.

Why did he not try to recover his old body? That one seems pretty easy to answer. The body that Shredder built for Krang was designed BY Krang. So I'm assuming his android body that was featured during the show would be a step up on whatever android body he had prior to the series. This is of course assuming that his previous body wasn't the lizard thing featured in season seven. If that was his body, then I assume that the lizard body was basically dead after being split from it.

Quote:
Second, and this kind of leads on from the first thing, what does he do all day when he isn't pulling some ridiculous from behind his back (literally)?
Wasn't Krang in at least one episode watching a soap opera?
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 06:03 PM   #5
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
Wasn't Krang in at least one episode watching a soap opera?
Yes - that scene appeared in Season 3 Episode 13 - The Ninja Sword of Nowhere.

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 06:41 PM   #6
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

John and Marsha ! He was even crying a little XD .
Old 07-09-2017, 03:43 AM   #7
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

The entire concept of Krang's body is mostly a season 1-thing. It's toned down later.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 04:55 AM   #8
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danetello View Post
Right off the bat from when we first see Krang we learn that he was banished to Earth and his body (whatever form that actually was) was taken from him. This leads me to wonder a couple of things.

First of all, apparently Krang has been working on a dimensional portal, and when he claims it is finally operational at the end of season one, the Technodrome is sent back through the portal. Upon arriving in Dimension X, it is apparent that Krang has a vast army waiting for his return, ready to serve under his command once again.

Second, and this kind of leads on from the first thing, what does he do all day when he isn't pulling some ridiculous from behind his back (literally)? Does he actually command his army? Was Krang retaking Dimension X sector by sector whenever he was off screen?

I know we're never going to know for sure, but I think it's interesting and fun to speculate.

Thoughts?
First off, most of this can be explained as David Wise being a terrible writer who don't really think anything through before he puts it on paper, edits it after he's done or even seems to care in the first place. Secondly, he's not nearly the master mind behind the show as he claims to be, most of what he has said has been contradicted by other people whose stories align with each other much better (and has more evidence to back up their claims). The much more likely scenario is that he was given a set of characters and concepts to work with (Krang and the Technodrome probably included, not his own creation as he claims) and had to figure out a semi-coherent way for them to align. Not to mention that we know for a fact that his original script is not what was produced, Eastman and Laird came in and vetoed a lot of it.

So with that in mind, what we have here is a careless hack who was told to make a saturday morning cartoon out of a violent indie comic, except he had to add a rhino, a warthog, a giant golfball on wheels, turn the alien squids into a single character and a whole bunch of other things and then the original authors excercise their right to veto what they don't like. Of course it's a nonsensical mess. There is no proper in-universe explaination, just fan speculation.

However, here's my point: The original ending was vetoed.
Originally, the first season was going to end with Shredder and Krang fusing together, the Turtles teaming up with Baxter and taking the Technodrome as their new base. There's another thread covering this here:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...hlight=article

So there you have it, if the ending had remained intact Krang would have never returned to Dimension X (at least not with the Technodrome) and he wouldn't be able to return to his original body as he fused with Shredder. It's just nobody bother to change anything to make more sense with the new ending.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 05:02 AM   #9
Overlord

I'm glad the turtles didn't take over the Technodrome. But are those early scripts on the Internet?
Old 07-09-2017, 05:17 AM   #10
Danetello
Stone Warrior

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
There is no proper in-universe explaination, just fan speculation.
But that's what makes it fun. I was just curious as to what others think Krang might have done.

Old 07-09-2017, 05:26 AM   #11
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
I'm glad the turtles didn't take over the Technodrome. But are those early scripts on the Internet?
They're not as far as I know, I would have posted them in that case.

Not that I suspect they're good scripts by any means but I'd love to read them, just to see how much actually went into the episodes. The same goes for the Playmates documents handed to the FW staff, I want to see how much actually started with those scripts.
Hahahaha!
Old 07-09-2017, 05:41 AM   #12
Overlord

Archie

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
They're not as far as I know, I would have posted them in that case.

Not that I suspect they're good scripts by any means but I'd love to read them, just to see how much actually went into the episodes. The same goes for the Playmates documents handed to the FW staff, I want to see how much actually started with those scripts.
Also, as you probably know, Krang took over Shredder's body in Archie.

http://tmntentity.blogspot.se/2008/1...ntures-24.html

Right before Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady were written out of the main storyline.
Old 07-09-2017, 05:47 AM   #13
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Also, as you probably know, Krang took over Shredder's body in Archie.

http://tmntentity.blogspot.se/2008/1...ntures-24.html

Right before Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady were written out of the main storyline.
I know that, I'm more interested in concepts I don't know about. Like if there's anything else in those scripts that didn't make it into the actual episodes.
Hahahaha!
Old 07-09-2017, 05:54 AM   #14
Danetello
Stone Warrior

I think you're taking this way too seriously, and have kinda derailed what I was going for. I just wanted some speculative fun.

Old 07-09-2017, 06:04 AM   #15
Overlord

I also guess Baxter Stockman would've started as an antagonist, but switch side.

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 07-09-2017 at 06:10 AM.
Old 07-09-2017, 01:18 PM   #16
Wesley
Mad Scientist

I never paid much attention to Krang's backstory, to be honest. We don't learn much about Krang or Dimension X over the course of the series. It was implied that he conquered parts of Dimension X off-screen in season 2 when he had a somewhat powered-up Technodrome at his disposal.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 12:28 PM   #17
Overlord

I guess Krang conquered parts of Dimension X before losing anything before being banished, ending up on Earth. I don't think he conquered anything after that.
Old 07-10-2017, 01:07 PM   #18
Wesley
Mad Scientist

I thought Krang seemed to be a real warlord in season 2, though, as he busy doing other things in Dimension X (in the episode It Came From Beneath the Sewers, for example).
Old 07-10-2017, 03:11 PM   #19
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
I thought Krang seemed to be a real warlord in season 2, though, as he busy doing other things in Dimension X (in the episode It Came From Beneath the Sewers, for example).
I just recall him calling back Shredder to the Technodrome in that episode to talk about the crystal. Not Krang sayubg ge was busy with anything,
Old 07-10-2017, 03:18 PM   #20
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I just recall him calling back Shredder to the Technodrome in that episode to talk about the crystal. Not Krang sayubg ge was busy with anything,
Thought he said he was busy being an intergalactic evil doer. I must have misinterpreted what Krang said.