The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 01-22-2018, 05:05 PM   #41
Sumac
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Closest to an arc imo, and honestly some of what I like more about this one, is what's going on with Leo throughout it. It's so subtle that anyone who doesn't have a tendency to pay much attention to him might not notice much other than just taking him as acting jerky on a couple of occasions if they don't really pick up on why.
It didn't feel really important in the movie. More like a side-story or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo_thebest View Post
If the reboot again, they need to listen to the fans, use rubber suits and follow the path set out by the first one. I think it's fair to say Return to New York would be the best story to reboot with.
You are really not a bright person, are you?
Who in their right mind will use suits instead of CGI in 201x?

CGI is much more versatile and gives much more freedom with creation of characters. Just because you are fapping on the first movie it doesn't mean that it is golden standard on the technical level.

If anything, Turtles in the Bay-movies were much more expressive and dynamic than in the old. The only thing that was ruining them - was their ugly and stupid design, but that is not problem of the technology, it is problem of designers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo_thebest View Post
What's the deal with the hashtags? OOTS was bad, but that's not even accurate. Reads like somebody is bating others into a fight.
Like you do?
Old 01-22-2018, 07:32 PM   #42
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
It didn't feel really important in the movie. More like a side-story or something.
Alright, I will give you that given that it does fizzle out and doesn't culminate in much. Other than Raph smashing the mutagen vial and a short, too easy Krang fight that forgot to emphasize an attempt at better team work. (With no learning how between events.)

He's still what makes me like the film better. (And absolutely yes to the CGI lending itself to better expressiveness. There are certainly places that just make me laugh due to the look on their faces, esp when subtle, that suits will just never be able to get across.)

Though the team work issue is kinda dumb though since they did okay in the first... Guess they forgot how.

edit: Just gonna toss this link here. Little bit of old concept footage/animation (prior to filming) from the river scene included in the beginning of the video.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/01/23/z...nt-steppenwol/

I guess it's lucky for Leo that they decided to skip him running smack into that rock. Ouch.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 01-23-2018 at 01:39 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 04:36 PM   #43
Galactus
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
You are really not a bright person, are you?
Who in their right mind will use suits instead of CGI in 201x?

CGI is much more versatile and gives much more freedom with creation of characters. Just because you are fapping on the first movie it doesn't mean that it is golden standard on the technical level.

If anything, Turtles in the Bay-movies were much more expressive and dynamic than in the old. The only thing that was ruining them - was their ugly and stupid design, but that is not problem of the technology, it is problem of designers.
See I think that's just a knee jerk reaction people give to the suggestion to go back to practical effects but it doesn't stack up.

There's one big reason it's highly unlikely we'll see full motion capture with facial recognition again and that's how expensive it is. Both Platinum Dunes movies had a decent if unspectacular budget for movies of their type but we know for a fact it wasn't enough to give good screen time for four cgi protagonists in the first movie. Even with the heavy lifting of the 3D modelling being done with the first and giving them more screen time in the sequel they still cut quite a few corners.

Paramount wouldn't give enough money to properly animate the turtles when TMNT was a brand on the rise again there's no way they or any other studio is going to commit any serious money after the failure of Out Of The Shadows and TMNT in general being seen as a tainted brand because of it. Sadly I think any new movie is unlikely in the near future but if it does happen I can see rubber suits being the only forward.

To be clear I don't think anyone is suggesting purely going back to rubber suits and animatronics. I mean Chris Evans wears a Captain America suit to play that character but they still use cgi when he performs big stunts or fight moves impossible for a real actor. CGI would be used for big stunts, correcting for when the suits look noticeably rubbery and help animate the faces.

Last edited by Galactus; 01-25-2018 at 04:42 PM.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bebop and cucksteady, cuckch, cucky jones, out of the cucks