The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2017, 06:46 PM   #1
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist
 
TurtleWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 1,798
Wildfires 2017

Seems like every week I hear about more fires. This morning the sunlight was more orange than normal and ash was on my vehicle. The latest fire I read about was intentionally caused by teens and the use of fireworks. About a week ago we had air quality warnings do to smoke blowing in from Canada I think it was. I heard Montana and California are also having some rather bad fires this summer. One of the worse things is when humans start them and other people pay the price with loss of property. I haven't heard of any deaths which is very good.

Link to video of one current story.
http://www.king5.com/mobile/article/...24692?scroll=0
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 07:10 PM   #2
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 8,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
This morning the sunlight was more orange than normal and ash was on my vehicle.
o.O Yikes, be careful! Too bad we can't send Harvey's flooding out west. Paired with the heat I've heard is happening in the western half, sounds like that side is what could use these storms, sorta.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 07:18 PM   #3
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist
 
TurtleWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 1,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Too bad we can't send Harvey's flooding out west.
My thoughts exactly.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 07:29 AM   #4
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,913
Yeah, I've heard about this and it's a shame.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 01:09 PM   #5
JonesyKitty
Stone Warrior
 
JonesyKitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Seems like every week I hear about more fires. This morning the sunlight was more orange than normal and ash was on my vehicle. The latest fire I read about was intentionally caused by teens and the use of fireworks. About a week ago we had air quality warnings do to smoke blowing in from Canada I think it was. I heard Montana and California are also having some rather bad fires this summer. One of the worse things is when humans start them and other people pay the price with loss of property. I haven't heard of any deaths which is very good.

Link to video of one current story.
http://www.king5.com/mobile/article/...24692?scroll=0
As far as The one with fireworks , are you talking about the one outside Estacada, OR?
__________________
JonesyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 02:08 PM   #6
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist
 
TurtleWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 1,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonesyKitty View Post
As far as The one with fireworks , are you talking about the one outside Estacada, OR?
The 'eagle creek fire in the gorge' is how the news story refers to it as, link is attached with video if your able to watch from your computer. Is that the one you are thinking of? I don't know all the city names or the area very well. If you have updates or corrections please let me know. Thanks.

You have probably seen a lot on the news living in Oregon. I've just seen this as of today. "Public demands consequences for 15-year-old Eagle Creek fire suspect."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/article...quences_fo.amp

Last edited by TurtleWA; 09-14-2017 at 02:23 PM.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 04:14 PM   #7
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,913
Well, there should be consequences for someone who's messed up enough to set a fire.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.