The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2017, 09:11 AM   #21
ProphetofGanja
Mad Scientist
 
ProphetofGanja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dub Side of the Moon
Posts: 1,633
Man, that subway map variant cover is pretty tight

EDIT: Also, did that one Triceraton's prosthetic arm switch sides??
__________________
"Wait... what?"

Last edited by ProphetofGanja; 09-20-2017 at 09:28 AM.
ProphetofGanja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 10:56 AM   #22
turtlefan27
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 112
I absolutely love the main cover for 77. I am so looking forward to reading this arc.
turtlefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 11:29 AM   #23
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Texas, US
Posts: 2,809
Multi-color Utroms with varying body shapes?! Huzzah!

I was in already, and now I'm in even more! (Though I'm bound to be fooled again).

I'm also getting the feeling that this is where I should have put my gift money toward...
__________________
Utrommaniac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 12:14 PM   #24
neatoman
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 4,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post


Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Universe #17



Chris Mowry (W), Giannis Milonogiannis (A/VC), Freddie Williams II (C)

“From the Heart, for the Heard” Part 2 of 2. Zog and Zom discover the secret history of the Triceraton race’s origin, with deadly ramifications for planet Earth!

FC • 32 pages • $4.99

Bullet points:
• Ties into the TMNT ongoing's "Invasion of the Triceratons!"
• Part of IDW’s Artist’s Edition Cover Month!
Heh, the traditional Utrom exo-skeletons... You know, I don't think we've ever seen those on the IDW depiction of the Utroms before. Tripods, hazard-suits and Krang-style combat bodies but never the robotic skeletons.
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 01:12 PM   #25
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Texas, US
Posts: 2,809
I think those might just be for artist's aesthetic, since no other artist has really used them.

Tripods seem to be the favorite method of transportation. I speculate that they're such a necessity for their lives that they're given to them automatically at a certain age. As well as the 'trainer' walkers for when they're children.
__________________
Utrommaniac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 04:25 PM   #26
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist
 
TurtleWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 1,706
All around great cover selection. I'm also really liking that map cover. TMNTU RI #17 original cover art is on eBay for $399.99 if anyone is interested. I like how the artist signature is part of the background on the window.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 05:07 PM   #27
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 6,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
All around great cover selection. I'm also really liking that map cover. TMNTU RI #17 original cover art is on eBay for $399.99 if anyone is interested. I like how the artist signature is part of the background on the window.
It reminds me of "Desperate Measures" with the map background.

Does anyone else find the triceratons descending from midair odd? With a teleport beam sure, but there is not one in sight.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 03:45 AM   #28
Mayhem
Mad Scientist
 
Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
All around great cover selection. I'm also really liking that map cover. TMNTU RI #17 original cover art is on eBay for $399.99 if anyone is interested. I like how the artist signature is part of the background on the window.
Yeah, I saw it listed there a week or two back and asked the seller which issue it was from, and they didn't know heh. Probably because neither of us had seen December's solicits...
__________________
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 12:18 PM   #29
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist
 
TurtleWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 1,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Yeah, I saw it listed there a week or two back and asked the seller which issue it was from, and they didn't know heh. Probably because neither of us had seen December's solicits...
Oh I didn't realize it had been listed that long ago. Not knowing what issue it's from is understandable for sure.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 04:02 PM   #30
Weapons@theready
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 198
So the cover for #75 looked as if Donatello might be staying behind in Dimension X, and I know that covers can be deceiving, but this cover along with Universe #16 shows him with the rest of the Turtles
Weapons@theready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 01:13 PM   #31
Mutant Ninja Anole
Hench Mutant
 
Mutant Ninja Anole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 309
You know what?

If I'm the Turtles, the "Unspeakable Alliance" would be with the Triceratrons themselves. I for one welcome our new dinosaur overlords.

Seriously, think about it, why are they fighting on behalf of a world that wants to either kill them or make them weapons? Team up, crush the human resistance, new reptile/anthro order. Of course, this may depend on the stated goals of the Triceratrons. If it is the outright genocide or enslavement of humanity, then yeah, you fight on behalf of the billions of innocents. If they just want to carve out a piece for themselves to live on, where mutants might potentially be welcome as equals...yeah I'd have a hard time arguing against them.

Backing up a little, the actual, most moral stance here might be to work toward negotiating peace, rather than strictly taking a side. I think there's a good chance this arc ends with a peace deal being brokered.

Realistically, I don't think there is any way the Turtles and their clan are going to officially join the invaders...but Old Hob? And the Mutanimals? Their stated goal, remember, is to protect mutants, but also to eventually take earth back from the humans that are messing it up. Which I've stated before is utterly stupid and impossible...unless you were to team up with an outside party.

Based purely on what we know now, does it make ANY sense for Hob to side with Bishop, who is still holding Slash hostage by the way, over the Triceratrons?
__________________

Calmly awaiting the next issue of the comics.
Tumblr
Mutant Ninja Anole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 01:20 PM   #32
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Victory Is Life
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Ninja Anole View Post
You know what?

If I'm the Turtles, the "Unspeakable Alliance" would be with the Triceratrons themselves. I for one welcome our new dinosaur overlords.

Seriously, think about it, why are they fighting on behalf of a world that wants to either kill them or make them weapons? Team up, crush the human resistance, new reptile/anthro order. Of course, this may depend on the stated goals of the Triceratrons. If it is the outright genocide or enslavement of humanity, then yeah, you fight on behalf of the billions of innocents. If they just want to carve out a piece for themselves to live on, where mutants might potentially be welcome as equals...yeah I'd have a hard time arguing against them.

Backing up a little, the actual, most moral stance here might be to work toward negotiating peace, rather than strictly taking a side. I think there's a good chance this arc ends with a peace deal being brokered.

Realistically, I don't think there is any way the Turtles and their clan are going to officially join the invaders...but Old Hob? And the Mutanimals? Their stated goal, remember, is to protect mutants, but also to eventually take earth back from the humans that are messing it up. Which I've stated before is utterly stupid and impossible...unless you were to team up with an outside party.

Based purely on what we know now, does it make ANY sense for Hob to side with Bishop, who is still holding Slash hostage by the way, over the Triceratrons?
I LIKE that. I like that A LOT. Hope that's the case! Joining the invaders to try to negotiate peaceful settlement and coexistence AND end Bishop's evil crusade?
__________________
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.