The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 11-15-2017, 11:43 AM   #61
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
As for all those "zir", "zer" and the like - it's nothing more than liberal identity lunacy multiplied by teenage maximalism and attempts by some people to rebel against "system" and pander to their egos, feeling like unique snowflakes. As soon as they leave their own circlejerking circles and start live in real world, build their own families and interact with more people, they quickly will become normal people.
I think you're right but a lot of them don't do that. A lot just get older and older and angrier and angrier, all the while waiting for the world to bend to their whim, never, ever really being satisfied with any of the "victories" achieved at large and wondering why no one outside of whatever construct bubble they've placed themself (look, I did it!) in wants to mess with them.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 11:49 AM   #62
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post

I've always avoided political threads since I always found my views more liberal than the average person's so why debate, it wasn't until people started screaming at me about politics and censoring stuff I liked that I started posting a bit more into political topics for the last year or so. If people are that offended by the comparison of Unowns and gender charts then so be it, discussion is likely better off without them.
that's odd, cause that's how it was with me too. My views are more old school though than the more progressive 'pc' folks out there today willing to accept any weird new thing and defend it instantly.

I HATED paying attention to politics. but when politics started getting in to the media I liked, and all these 'nu fans' where silencing my thoughts, because it didn't agree with their dogma....that's when I started to get a little more interested in the political threads.

It all started, oddly enough, with Feigbusters and how politically charged that movie was. suddenly because I was a straight white male, my views where being attacked left and right, and people where mis interpreting things I said to twist it to their crappy viewpoint. that's what kind of drew me in to the more political stuff. I wanted to fight for my right to say what was on my mind without being drowned out with 'go away'.

have to agree with that last sentence. boards are for discussing. not 'my viewpoint is better than yours..so you must be a troll' i've had enough of that in the last year, thank you very much .
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 11:51 AM   #63
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:

And pulling out "think about newcomers" card is quite low. It's like this "but think about children" card, which appears every time when someone want to do something shady.
That's specific to Andrew because he excels at sh!tposting.
And he knows it because he just defined exactly what he's doing in his most recent post.

Which I might just quote and make my new Sig file.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
A lot just get older and older and angrier and angrier, all the while waiting for the world to bend to their whim, never, ever really being satisfied with any of the "victories" achieved at large and wondering why no one outside of whatever construct bubble they've placed themself [sic] (look, I did it!) in wants to mess with them.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 12:20 PM   #64
sdp
<<raver>>

I also equate this to teenager angst, I'm guessing this will be controversial but it's my conclusion over what I've seen the past few years.

We all have angst when we're younger and deal with it with some subculture, whether it's punk, goth, nerd, etc. Those who don't fit to the "normal" standard were freaks and we went to the subculture that most interested us or felt was us.

What happened recently is we finally started seeing needed social change towards gays and others. But somewhere along those lines this idea was warped into "they have been holding us back" and "rethink who you are" and "they" are the evil ones. This is highly attractive to kids who are confused and are trying to find who they are in this world.

Instead of wearing all black however they are a different gender and because they were told they were an infinite amount of genders they can choose. Now I'm not saying people can't have different likes or that I know better than them who they are but it's gotten to a ridiculous point that it's not out there to say that many of these people are just in it to feel accepted. Because we've all joined subcultures to feel accepted even if it wasn't for us.

Young people also like to protest, whether it's war, the 1% which was "my generation" and now gender, this will continue as long as we live over different issues. Not all their talking points are great but if you question them you're treated poorly, they found that through social media they can bully people into submission, which has had bad consequences including in my opinion getting Trump elected.

Live and let live.

What's wrong with being a "freak"? I certainly wore that label with pride, to shame others for not conforming to your views makes you as bad as the people you are claiming to be better than. Learn to fight your battles, giving rights to gays/trans etc is excellent, shaming people because they're ignorant for not knowing there are 60+ genders is not. You hurt the credibility of what has taken a long time to achieve and even what you want to continue to achieve when it comes to social progress. And don't talk about privilege when you're living in a first world country please, it's insulting.

The internet doesn't like censoring, whether it's from conservative views or liberal views. The internet hasn't changed, it's remained the same. I will try not posting in the current events forum since political talk never changes anyone's opinion that's why I always avoided them, Plastron will continue to think we're in the wrong and so will that Czy dude whatever his name is. Obviously I'll call stuff out if it's creeping into other stuff like a show I'm watching but the fine line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
That's specific to Andrew because he excels at sh!tposting.
And he knows it because he just defined exactly what he's doing in his most recent post.

Which I might just quote and make my new Sig file.
When has Andrew not trolled? Since he joined it's been like that but it keeps this place interesting, we've already lost many interesting members, without his snark this place only becomes duller.

If we really get into it we can consider your less than subtle posts on many threads implying people are "mansplaning" to be sh-tposting as well. I don't necessarily want those gone either.
Old 11-15-2017, 01:10 PM   #65
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
we've already lost many interesting members, without his snark this place only becomes duller.
maybe that's the only reason cube is still around. every forum has to have a 'villain' ;o).

and if everyone always thinks your wrong and just ads to the toxicity, that is what the ignore button is for. you don't see that stuff anymore and life becomes saner . only problem is not many people use it and make fun of you when you do.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 01:13 PM   #66
plastroncafe

Nah, we only make fun of the whiners who complain about OTHER people's safe spaces, while carefully curating their own.
Quote:
A lot just get older and older and angrier and angrier, all the while waiting for the world to bend to their whim, never, ever really being satisfied with any of the "victories" achieved at large and wondering why no one outside of whatever construct bubble they've placed themself [sic] (look, I did it!) in wants to mess with them.
Old 11-15-2017, 01:33 PM   #67
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
maybe that's the only reason cube is still around. every forum has to have a 'villain' ;o).
LOL, Vegita-san you're been trolling for years and playing the victim card for years. Everyone knows what you're doing and can see right through it. The weird thing is you act like you're "in the right" when 90% of the time people don't care what you have to say.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 04:06 PM   #68
Prowler
Santa Maria Ozawa

Cubed is an institution around this place and the internet fandoms as a whole. There are people who leave their mark in life for what they did in their professional lives. Cubed will go down as a funny character from the Pokťmon and TMNT fandom.

I've seen better.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 04:10 PM   #69
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Reading **** like this every day... I literally feel like taking a chainsaw to my face.

"900 posts in 12 years, a love for social affairs? Get this normie outta here!" - Powder
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 04:13 PM   #70
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Victory Is Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
Reading **** like this every day... I literally feel like taking a chainsaw to my face.
Dude, there are WAAAAAAAAAY less painful ways to check out.
Old 11-15-2017, 04:19 PM   #71
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Can someone explain this nonsense to me?

http://i.imgur.com/Xz6jsUd.png

This looks like a goddamn foreign language or something, or computer code.

Looks like Unown from Pokemon too. LMAO.
Wow, that's so stupid.

Spoiler:
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 04:49 PM   #72
plastroncafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Dude, there are WAAAAAAAAAY less painful ways to check out.
If only we were all so lucky as to have a way TO check out...
Quote:
Old 11-15-2017, 04:57 PM   #73
dl316bh
Hench Mutant

I mean, you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.
Old 11-15-2017, 05:08 PM   #74
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
(maybe you guys use it more than you used to?)
Having joined when the debates over the last two films were big and Nick was still in its prime, I never bothered with the non-TMNT sections until the PD movie section died off a lot, since the major TMNT sections I was browsing took up enough time all on their own. Didn't have time for the rest.
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 09:39 PM   #75
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I kind of wandered into this section around the same time and for mostly the same reasons. And it has been nothing if not entertaining.

And get it right guys- Cubed is not our villain. He's our Fizban. (Aka benevelant god-being in the guise of a befuddled absentminded wizard....)

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 09:54 PM   #76
Casey
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I have studied biology and anthropology. And more importantly I understand basic logic.

Your hormones works in conjunction with your body, which is either male or female (bar rare mutations). So if you have penis - your hormones influence your behavior and inform your interaction with the world one way. If you have vagina - in another.

So while such things as clothes and social stereotypes are obviously social constructs, saying that there is no difference between women and men and their interactions with the world whatsoever, is hilariously false statement.

And admitting difference between women and men, doesn't mean sexism or anything like that. Unless you are Left Lunatic screwed up in the head.

Is it aimed at me, because, I have never said anything regarding race.
Oh Iím sorry. You are very smart and obviously know your stuff. You totally get what Iím talking about donít you?
Old 11-16-2017, 09:56 PM   #77
Casey
Stone Warrior

Glad to learn how many of yíall are transphobic and really glad to be part of this community. Hope you guys never change because Casey Jones always needs a bad guy to fight against and Iíve just realized how many there are in my midst.
Old 11-16-2017, 09:57 PM   #78
plastroncafe

Does anyone else think it's odd that someone who study biology thinks that the penis or vagina generate hormones?
Quote:
Old 11-16-2017, 10:03 PM   #79
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years

Yeah, I was going to say, that's not how it works
Old 11-16-2017, 10:05 PM   #80
plastroncafe

Man... Does this mean I stop being female when I reach menopause?
I mean, I know women of that age aren't really considered people anymore, but at least I thought I'd get to keep the female designation.
Quote:

Tags
fredwolfleo=tagabuser