The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: How was That ep?!
I'll hang out with Leo in the water tower.... *ng* 4 8.33%
gotta love a good bus explosion...! 4 8.33%
"Captain America, Eat your heart out!" 13 27.08%
How can you not love karai?! 12 25.00%
Cant wait til next week! (Sp's Gotta be comin sometime!) 15 31.25%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 07:18 PM   #1
Machias Banshee
The Ravishing Reptile

New Ep Discussion: "CITY AT WAR"- Updated Again!!!

Yes, it is I! Man, these weeks Really have flown by, huh?

Well, looks like the boys are getting into some interesting affairs. Teaming up with Karai? *fights fanboys off with a stick* Who'da thunk it?

With Baxter and Co. stuck in a truck under some rubble, and the Purple Dragons armed to the teeth with firepower (gotta love Hun's Rocket Launcher! ), the boys are in for a serious smackdown dragout...

Splinter!!! You had BETTER get involved in This Ep!!! After watching all the news about the warfare and mayhem, he's GOTTA be worried about his sons.

With so much violence taking place, i only have one more question...

WHERE THE HE11 ARE ALL THE DANG COPS?!

Hopefully we'll see something good happen to resolve this story arc.

Just think, 6 days to go!!!

STAY TUNED!!!

I left last weeks teaser here for those who still want to read it

Hello again! Tis time to bring you the next teaser for second part of the three part Epic..!
Looks like the boys are reallying "Burnin down the house"! What will happen next? Lets look at our options...
We all know Leo's situation isnt good at ANY angle. He disagreed with his Father about getting involved with the gang wars, almost put himself into another situation like back in "Shredder Strikes back", and now he's brought himself and his brothers into a life-threatening situation. And you KNOW the welcoming commitee at home's not going to be the most pleasant thing. Then again, who knows? I know I certainly want Splinter to get involved..! *watches Sp varnishing his cane and steps away*
Though I'm not sure Leo would agree with me...
Will Leo realize that he can't save the world? Will he be brave enough to face his guilt and the consequences? (there dang well better be some! What a moron! )
The Purple Dragons are going to enter the picture, with Hun at the head of the pack. You know that's gonna be a bloody situation...
The Mob and The Foot are only going to pick up on their fighting. As long as they dont start walking along the street snapping their fingers and dancing to hispanic music, this should be interesting....
Don't forget the evil genius that is Baxter stockman. Who cares if he's got more interchangeable parts than a military rifle?! But now a new player is coming into the game...
KARAI!!!!!
*gets a mop to take care of all the fanboy drool*
Thats right boys! You get to see youre evil lil sweetheart kick some arse and raise some hell. There's been words that the teaser from last week showed her really laying into Leo. I wonder how Leo'll get over having his shell kicked by a 'girl'...
What will happen?! will there be an all out street brawl? Will there be riots? Are we going to see some blood get spilled?!
WE CAN ONLY HOPE SO!!!
Stay Tuned... !

Greetings! It is I, and I come to proclaim great news and provide much torture...
Thats right folks, just a week away from the most highly acclaimed story arc of the four volumed adventures of the Mirage TMNT.
Shredder's gone, and we all know..
"While the Utrom's away, the gangs will fray"
Gang factions are rising up from every dark corner and alley of New York City, fighting to take control of the crime rings of the Notorious city. Hell will break loose, chaos will run amok, and the introduction of a new character will make things even more interesting...
Even though this is based off the original comic arc, situations are very different. No one knows what could happen!
How will the boys be able to deal with the sudden uprisings? They seemingly destroyed the ONE person who kept the criminals of the city at bay, through control of the Purple Dragons. Without Saki, there's no stopping anyone from trying to climb into the position of King Pin. Will the turtles' victory become the downfall of the city? What have they done...? What Can they do?
Stay tuned...
"Stories are relics, part of an undiscovered pre-existing world. The writer's job is to use the tools in [their] toolbox to get as much of each one out of the ground intact as possible." ~Stephen King, On Writing
FanFiction
DeviantArt
Old 03-13-2004, 09:02 AM   #2
Utrom
Foot Soldier

That was so awesome! I loved the music in the beginning and how Raph showed up Leo. And the return of Baxter!! Well, I canít wait for next week!
Old 03-13-2004, 09:02 AM   #3
Machias Banshee
The Ravishing Reptile

now THAT was epic TV!!!!!
"Stories are relics, part of an undiscovered pre-existing world. The writer's job is to use the tools in [their] toolbox to get as much of each one out of the ground intact as possible." ~Stephen King, On Writing
FanFiction
DeviantArt
Old 03-13-2004, 09:02 AM   #4
Hyper Metal Sonic
Stone Warrior

*leo disarms the bomb*

"No sweat!"

Yet, moments before, he was sweating up a storm!

Edit: On a side note, if anyone knows where I can download this episode, PM me. My girlfriend had to run a few errands and missed it.
Old 03-13-2004, 09:04 AM   #5
Demonfox38
Stone Warrior

So . . .many . . .explosions!!!!

Woh, Leo mouthing off to Splinter? Don't see that everyday. It made me sad.

I HATE CLIFFHANGERS, ARRGGH!!

Cute opening scenes, though. Kind of like the music in the background. And how about Karai! I love what they did with her hair!

Okay, I'm ready for part 2!
Old 03-13-2004, 09:05 AM   #6
Dontebell
Stone Warrior

baxter is going to keep changing robot parts every time until someone destroy him.
Old 03-13-2004, 09:05 AM   #7
cqb101
Cinephile

That episode was amazing! That one episode made season 2 better than season 1. Best parts: Karai and the Dontrix. LMAO!
Old 03-13-2004, 09:05 AM   #8
jestergoblin
Stone Warrior

Wow.

Highlights:
The music at the beginning was awesome for a saturday morning show!
The elite were sooo sweet.
Baxters in what? Version 4.3? I'm worried that may be the toy we're getting...

Great episode but... where's Hun?
Old 03-13-2004, 09:05 AM   #9
rayfillet101
Mad Scientist

awsome show! so there called mobsters... I didnt see purple dragons anywhere but there deffinatly present. I wonder who Hun is with? Great song in the beggining, i want the MP3! I loved this episode, and don was actually funny! first time for everything

"When you scream my name, pleading for the pain to stop, you may call me...Bishop."
Old 03-13-2004, 09:08 AM   #10
sensei#me
Hench Mutant

I'm bummed I don't get It 'till sunday. I'm thinking of changing t.v companies
Old 03-13-2004, 09:09 AM   #11
Utrom
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayfillet101
don was actually funny! first time for everything
Yeah, I liked that too! Too bad that move didn't work for Don!
Old 03-13-2004, 09:11 AM   #12
Taloniss
Mad Scientist

Greatest episode ever. Really there's nothing else to say, that was just the best episode of Turtles ever, and possibly the best of any cartoon. Everything was perfect.
Old 03-13-2004, 09:11 AM   #13
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator

Cool episode.

Leo disobeying Splinter got an eye raise outta me. I liked Mikey's whole explanation on the situation. And Raph's problem with the fighting. And Don's Matrix attempt... They were all just really good in this episode. I can't until part two!

I'll need to set my tape, because I won't be home when it's on next week... Maybe I should set two vcrs, just to be sure... or four...
Old 03-13-2004, 09:12 AM   #14
Utrom
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taloniss
Greatest episode ever. Really there's nothing else to say, that was just the best episode of Turtles ever, and possibly the best of any cartoon. Everything was perfect.
I agree with that!
Old 03-13-2004, 09:12 AM   #15
Nturtle
Ninja Master

"West Side Story on Crack"

Seriously, that was awesome! Karai is perfect, and her henchmen look pretty crazy too, check out the little monk guy with the tatoo on his forehead. Awesome.

Gangsters using real guns! About time!

Donny's matrix move was probably my favorite scene from this whole episode, so ridiculous

Vocals in the background music? I don't know about that, it was a good scene though.

Hey, hey, Baxter is back for only the umpteenth time! His 180 degree neck thing freaked me out

Lots of animation reuse in there, aw well, you can't win em' all.
Old 03-13-2004, 09:14 AM   #16
Taloniss
Mad Scientist

Was it just me, or did the Elite's voice sound like Shredders? Maybe it's the same guy doing it.
Old 03-13-2004, 09:15 AM   #17
Nturtle
Ninja Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taloniss
Was it just me, or did the Elite's voice sound like Shredders? Maybe it's the same guy doing it.
Yeah I think it was. 1st time we get to hear the Elite call a few shots too.
Old 03-13-2004, 09:19 AM   #18
The Big Bad
Stone Warrior

Very cool episode. We haven't seen an all-out Foot/Turtle fight since RtNY pt. 1, so it was definetely appreaciate it, especially since the turtles we're losing (I love it when they lose).

Random thoughts:

Karai was cool. Very nice design.

Seems the Dragons and the Foot have split, and that Hun is with the latter (or else he'd been in the Foot HQ).

Glad to see the mobsters back, since they're some of my favorite new characters. Also nice to see them sporting guns, since their absence in "Lone Raph and Cub" was weird.

The Mike Role-Playing game was one of the nicest bit of exposition we've seen in the show. Didn't seem forced. Loved the bobble-head Foot.

Sloppy Ninjas. First you kill them, THEN you dispose of the bodies. Although I prefer thinking Fashion Victim and that guy Leo saved were the only survivors.

Baxter? Again? Geez, I was hoping we wouldn't see him for a while, but his appearance here is okay. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he's planned this since RtNY.

Okay, I really, really don't miss The Shredder now. The Foot as a concept work much better without him, especially now.

Wonder what the Foot and the Mob were trading. So far, I'm sticking to drugs.

I really hope we see the Dragons next episode, since they've been gone since "Fallen Angel".

Liked the opening sequence with Raph and Leo. It all just clicked, including the music, which is rare for a cartoon.

Okay, I really wish The Shredder hadn't appeared in Secret Origins, since it would make this whole thing flow much better. As it stands now, it's a bit confusing, and requires some explanation. So far, they seem to be treating it like it hadn't happened.

All in all, a very promising beginning to the saga, and an easy 9/10.

By the way, how close was this to the comic book? And does anybody remember the name of the main mobster? I forgot.
Old 03-13-2004, 09:21 AM   #19
Splinter
Radical Rat

Wow, that was an incredible episode. Loved the opening rock music opening. That has to happen more open. It was great. And wow, Leo's got a massive "I told you so" lecture coming from Splinter. And hopefully he doesn't bust a walking stick over that boy's hard skull. Though a few good whacks would be wise. See kids, listen to daddy.

Geez, Baxter's been doing some modifications to that Utrom body suit. I guess his ego just couldn't take being stuck in the stomache. We'll never get all versions of his character in toy form now. But he does look pretty bad arse now though. And I thought for a second that they were going to intro the 'Giant Mouser' in the back of the Van. Especially since we got the TurtleBot in the Leatherhead episode.

Anyone else get the wink that Mikey used a robot to represent the mob. That was hilarious, I was just waiting for Baxter to pop up after that. And Karai, she kicked arse. Nice to see a strong female character in the show, besides April. And a villian to boot. That just rocks. Nice to see the Foot Elite's have some sort of intelligence, and arn't just Ninja beasts. And Donny's Matrix move, a beautiful pop culture refrence.

R.I.P. Master Splinter - Mirage Comics - May 1984 / June 2003
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - New Episode Guide
Old 03-13-2004, 09:26 AM   #20
Meira-Bates
Mad Scientist

I liked the whole poke at Spider man then the Tarzan joke added on.

Raph: Just your friendly neighborhood turtleman!
Leo: You look more like Raphzan of the Jungle to me
Raph: Then what's that make you? Jane?

The music was ok but lord I hope it's not re-occuring @.@ I loved how Leo didn't get the bomb defused correctly.

Leoonny does this all the time, how hard can it be?

...and fate answers that question for him. ^.^ I also loved Mikey's explaination. Ahhh gaming. Then there was Mikey talking to the foot.

Mikey: Didn't I meet you in the big fight at Shreadder's? You gotta remember me! I kicked your- (or something along those lines just as the guy falls on his rear)

Then finally X.x we Donny fans get pay back for that great laugh we could get at Leo thinking he could pull of Donny's job. LOL ^.^

I'm also the winner of the award for being least likely to receive an award! O.o
Closed Thread