The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 04-11-2004, 10:01 AM   #1
Mandi-chan
Stone Warrior

Why does everyone hate the last Turtle movie?

I went to amazon.com to check out the prices for Ninja Turtles stuff when I was that they have the last movie, my favorite one. Last time I saw it was when I was a kid and I loved it so I was a bit upset with amazon's reviews for it. Apparently a lot of people thought it was horrible....
What do you think of it?
Mandi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 10:08 AM   #2
Michaelangelo|DAH
Mad Scientist

I Have only heard bad things about it too.

But I watched it the other day and I thought it was kinda cool

very cool actually, Just as good as the second movie in different ways of course...
Old 04-11-2004, 10:23 AM   #3
DrSpengler
TMNT Entity guy

Actually, I thought it was ten times better than the second one.

Samurais > Vanilla Ice

To be fair, when I was a kid the secnd was actually my favorite, and when I saw TMNTIII in the theater I hated it. But I rewatched all three films recently and ended up hating part 2, loving part 1 and thinking part 3 was pretty good.

-Mark Pellegrini
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 10:45 AM   #4
d_fife@mail.plymouth.edu
Banned

I did not like the 3rd one bit. There was NO Shredder, tatsu or the foot. I know that the foot and the turtles would have gotten old. I knew that they could not have had shredder because he got crushed when the dock fell on him. But the turtles going back in time is something they would have done in the tv series. The villians were dull and they could have at least had shredder's ancestor. The movie is just painful to watch. Casey jones played a minor part in the movie. He only watched the people who got transproted to their time and showed them hockey. They also could have had Tatsu and the remainders of the foot avenge shredder. The jump the shark website for the turtles said not having shredder is like Superman without lex lothor and Inspector gadget without Dr. Claw. I agree. The movie was just worlds apart from the other movies in a lot of other ways, like no Cheif Stearns, in the 1st and 2nd, who was just like Cheif Wiggum of the Simpsons of where he is fat and doesn't do much to solve problem and brushes people like april off when she suspects something is going on, April's apartment, Channel 3 and new york. In NYC They just showed the club casey took the people from 1700 to. But my fav quote was where you expecting the adams family from Don. But when Lord Nigma looked at the scroll and it said the turtles were demons and said they disgraced his ancestors, I had a hard time telling wiether that was samauri's that were his ancestors or an ancestor of shredder. But It doesn't look much like shredder. Shredder was not even mentioned in the movie. They never even showed what happened to tatsu or the remaining foot. Did they disband? I mean in the beginning of turtles 2 tatsu was about to lead the remaining foot just before shredder showed up, after getting out of the garbage which the garbage truck(which he fell in in the first movie) dumped garbage off at the junk yard. The only other think I liked about the moivie was the actor who played don from the first was back.

The costumes were not very well done and splinter's vocie was awful. My fav was the first. The 2nd was not as good. The 3rd was just pitiful and at the time of the third interest, as well as mine, was waining. One of my friends that I talked to last semester did not like the movie and I told friends who never saw it they did not miss anything. Sorry but the 3rd was just boring as well.
d_fife@mail.plymouth.edu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 12:09 PM   #5
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!

Re: Why does everyone hate the last Turtle movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandi-chan
I went to amazon.com to check out the prices for Ninja Turtles stuff when I was that they have the last movie, my favorite one. Last time I saw it was when I was a kid and I loved it so I was a bit upset with amazon's reviews for it. Apparently a lot of people thought it was horrible....
What do you think of it?
It IS horrible. I mean come on, they look corny...they screwed up their look, it's not Henson's designs. The animatronics were very mechanical not smooth and realistic like the first movie. For me they mostly looked bad. They looked like frogs with the ambhibious looking skin. Turtle skin does not look wet all the time and those spots, jeez...they were subtle in their original designs, but in #3 they were too bold.

And the goon they hired for Raph's voice...oh brother...
And Raph ain't as individual as he was in #1...without Josh playing the part, he's lost the voice, the funny walk, the attitude, everything.

Splinter looked like he was a dog and pathetically animated.

There were some funny things like the Ohayo Wasabi bit and casey teaching"hockey-do" to the samurai dudes.
Old 04-11-2004, 12:18 PM   #6
kitsunepixie
Foot Soldier

I think it had a lot of potential, but by the time that movie came out, there was a big drop in interest and thus the budget the producers were willing to put into it. Some parts of it are really good, and it's a shame more wasn't done to make it better.
kitsunepixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 01:14 PM   #7
MTN889
Stone Warrior

Location: I would tell you, but i fear an attack of AOL Trial CDs.
No shredder =
MTN889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 02:21 PM   #8
Kali
Inactive Moderator

It's a matter of taste. First off, I think that a lot of people were turned off by the costumes. They were done by a different company and really didn't look a thing like the other two movies. They were obviously of poorer quality.

Others didn't like the time travel idea, even though time travel is alive and important in the original Mirage comics. And of course, we get villains other than Shredder, which is a big no-no in some books.

There's some corny dialogue, but there're also some really good moments. In my opinion, not the best out of the bunch, but I still enjoy it very much. And I think that as long as you're not stick-up-your-butt critical, anyone can enjoy it.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 02:30 PM   #9
The Bossanova
Foot Soldier

yeah i dont like it either
Old 04-11-2004, 02:34 PM   #10
Wes
Mad Scientist

Maybe I'm "stick-up-your-butt critical," 'cause I hated this one even as a kid. I sat down to watch it about a month ago -- at 6 am -- and couldn't even get through it without downing half a bottle of sake. It's awful. And if it hadn't already been reviewed on X-E, I'd probably...y'know what? I'm gonna review it anyway, damnit. Not a full review, but just enough to say "it sucks" about thirty times.

Thanks for giving me the conviction to do it, Mandi!

* Scary-Crayon * Wesoteric * Chew your gum properly, ok?

Aaand... Technodrome buy/sell/trade thread here!
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 02:36 PM   #11
Jonatello
Foot Soldier

I like it better than the 2nd one, but the 1st one is my fave
Old 04-11-2004, 02:38 PM   #12
ZariusTwo
Overlord

TMNT III tried to go beyond the confines of Shredder in the exact fashion MIRAGE did...

..Unfortunatly it was the wrong place, and the wrong time, the cartoon was nearing it's final seasons, noone gave a toss about the franchise, and the plot was weak, VERY weak.

Screw TMNT III
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 02:42 PM   #13
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul

it had potential but the plot did not turn out great. It did have some good parts. although, it is tough to make a sequal as good as the first movie.

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 02:04 AM   #14
spikealike
Foot Soldier

I prefer it over TMNT II as its much less cartoony-like (the second movie felt very childish in places) and it has two things TMNT II lacked:

- Casey Jones (even if he was wasted in it)
- Corey Feldman (the guy IS Donatello, hehe)
spikealike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 03:01 AM   #15
Brinatello
Hench Mutant

I never said I hated TMNT 3, there were just some things I didn't care for in it. However, a few of the things I did like were the cinematography, the costumes (of not the TMNT themselves, but their samurai attire!), and the soundtrack. I picked it up on cassette and like quite a few of the songs on there. It's soooo early 90's but then again, so was the film! And I'm sorry, but, although Corey Feldman was the original voice of Don, I also liked Adam Carl. Sorry.
Brinatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 02:14 PM   #16
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

i'm just gonna say that it's a tmnt movie so i like it but it rates as my least favorite. I like others miss the Henson animtronic suits. the splinter puppet is down right terible. the voice is also bad. i do like that casey was back...though as a bit part...and whit played by the same actor. Question: was Whit casey's ansester?? I liked walker too, he was a smart villian. Norinaga was blah. My favoite line is still the "Hio Washibi!!" "Hello, Mustard??" Ok, so my Japanese is a little rusty...uh...suzuki, kowasaki...."
"How about Sionara?" classic TMNT.
and as hench men go Niles rocks!!!

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 02:35 PM   #17
XERO
Keep... It... Tight!

Hey, I loved this movie.

It might not've been perfect but it was still enjoyable. The fight scenes weren't to shabby, neither.

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 02:39 PM   #18
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator

I don't hate it at all. It is my least favorite of the movies, but by no means do I hate it. True, there are some things that I don't like; as an example I'm not too fond of the costumes... But I still enjoy it. Even have it on DVD. And there were some great parts in it, too.

Quote:
And I'm sorry, but, although Corey Feldman was the original voice of Don, I also liked Adam Carl. Sorry.
I love Corey Feldman, I really do... But I loved Adam Carl's voice too!
Old 04-12-2004, 03:17 PM   #19
The Hedge
Thug

TMNT 3: CRINGE
It's the costumes that done it for me, and as a few people have said already, they look terrible.
The fight scenes weren't too bad, but some of the dialogue was crap and corny.
Old 04-12-2004, 03:53 PM   #20
Brinatello
Hench Mutant

That's why I said I liked the samurai outfits. Not only do they look cool, they cover up those ghastly turtle costumes! Hehe. And yeah, I'm torn between Corey and Adam. Both sounded different, but both sounded good for Don! Eesh, there's my half and half again!
Brinatello is offline   Reply With Quote