The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Whew, talk about a conclusion..
Dammit, Baxter just wont DIE!!! 13 28.26%
Jeez, I'd hate to be in Karai's shoes at the moment.. 3 6.52%
Rest In Peace, Zog... 28 60.87%
"Let me show you how we do it... New York style" 2 4.35%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 06:26 PM   #1
Machias Banshee
The Ravishing Reptile

New Ep Discussion: "Rogue in the House"- new poll!

..or as Mike would say, " Rog-izzle in the Hizzle.."

Hehehe, the ever loyal has come to provide you with a new teaser. Granted I'm stuck in the computer lab doing this, I promise not to dissapoint!

*hides from the weird looks she getting from the people near her*

Shredder: HAHAHAHA!!! YOU ARE FOOLS!!! THIS IS MY FORTRESS, MY STRONGHOLD!!! DID YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU COULD DEFEAT ME HERE??!!!!!

*blinks*
Well well... Looks like Shredder's getting back into the old habits!

Shredder: NONE OF YOU WILL LEAVE HERE ALIVE!

Uh, right...

Well, if i remember right, they actually did an episode like this on the original cah-toon, so that should be a nice lil nod to them folks

Shredder: Like the Phoenix, I have risen from the ashes!! And into my Fire you shall fall!!

Whatever... anyways, It seems that the lovely Lady Karai is going to be having a few trouble trying to follow her 'father's' rules. Kill those who helped her try to bring peace to the city? Goes against gut instinct. Unfortunately the gut in charge of her is saying otherwise...

Shredder: Yes!
Karai: No!
Shredder: Dont you talk back to me!
Karai: Why should i listen to you, youre just a brain...
Shredder: I'm NOT a brain, I'm a UTROM. There's a difference! Go to your room!

Ok, ok, maybe its not like that...but you get the point.

Shredder: *raises his arm* The time for games has ended! No more sharades!!! You see me as I am and it will be the last thing you'll ever see!! Prepare to meet your destiny and your doom!!

Will you shut up! I'm trying to do a teaser for this ep! Youre doing some sort of robotic Splinter thing and its gonna mess up like always!

Shredder: *walks up to her, glaring* YOU!!!! YOU HAVE BEEN LITTLE MORE THAN THORNS IN MY SIDE!!! BUT NOW YOU HAVE ALSO ROBBED ME OF MY TRIUMPH!!! AND FOR THAT YOU SHALL PAY WITH YOUR LIVES!!!!

Will you get some better catch phrases? you sound like a broken record...and youre going to ruin this thread!

Shredder:I DO NOT INTEND TO DESTROY IT <MACHIAS>. I WILL USE IT TO SEND YOU TO YOUR DOOM. Perhaps I will place you in the extreme heat of a supernova or the cold endless vacuum of space. After I dispose of you I will use this device the conquer the homeworld of the Utroms. AND I WILL DESTORY EVERY LAST ONE OF YOU KIND <MACHIAS>!!

*sigh* Stay tuned...

~A lil while later...~

*peeks in* Good, he's gone. I forgot to mention that a certain dino's gonna be making an appearance, and i dont mean barney!

*disappears*
"Stories are relics, part of an undiscovered pre-existing world. The writer's job is to use the tools in [their] toolbox to get as much of each one out of the ground intact as possible." ~Stephen King, On Writing
FanFiction
DeviantArt
Old 04-16-2004, 07:52 PM   #2
Machias Banshee
The Ravishing Reptile

Uh.. right...

*checks the time* Less than 11 hours until the Rogue in the House!!!

Set the VCRs! Stock up on sugary cereals! Send your annoying younger siblings out to sleep in the garage!!! The turtles are gonna take over the Tube!!!

"Stories are relics, part of an undiscovered pre-existing world. The writer's job is to use the tools in [their] toolbox to get as much of each one out of the ground intact as possible." ~Stephen King, On Writing
FanFiction
DeviantArt
Old 04-17-2004, 06:40 AM   #3
Demonfox38
Stone Warrior

Holy hell, Baxter Stockman's a brain! AGGGH!!!!!
Old 04-17-2004, 06:47 AM   #4
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Holy crap on a stick, look at Baxter Stockman!!!! NIIIICE!!!!

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Old 04-17-2004, 06:56 AM   #5
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

what??? show me a pic. i haven't seen the ep yet. puh-leeze
Old 04-17-2004, 07:02 AM   #6
Utrom
Foot Soldier

Overall, that was a good episode. It was good to see Zog make his appearance in the series. Did anyone else think that the turtles should have been a little more surprised that Shredder was alive?
Old 04-17-2004, 07:05 AM   #7
Machias Banshee
The Ravishing Reptile

Hmm... it wasnt too bad. I think some of it could have been executed a lil better.

Baxter as a brain was REALLY surprising. And the Splinter-mech was pretty cool. Seeing the real Splinter snapping at them to "Put that down!" and spazzing was funny. I loved Mike's reaction to the two Splinters..

"Say what?"

I must say, after that Splinter getting a lil hellbent was neat to see. And then the thing with Zog wasnt too bad. The way he ripped the Splinter-mech to pieces was kinda disturbing...

I would agree that they probably shoulda practically soiled themselves at seeing the Shredder alive again. I mean, come on, you went through this whole big nasty war.

Damn Hun....annoying bossy older 'brother'...

I'd give this part... oh, 7.5/10

But you dont have to take my word for it..
FanFiction
DeviantArt
Old 04-17-2004, 07:07 AM   #8
MikesPizzaShack
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrom
Overall, that was a good episode. It was good to see Zog make his appearance in the series. Did anyone else think that the turtles should have been a little more surprised that Shredder was alive?
as far as i can remember they had a funny feeling that he wasnt gone 4ever so i would say now.......oh man this ep was greati mean robo splinter, baxter brain zog, the footgunners(now remamed) wow it was great!XD
Old 04-17-2004, 07:10 AM   #9
Wes
Mad Scientist

Well, this was tons better than the last few episodes, and already I think I'm going to like this one better than the City at War eps (which admittedly I didn't like all that much).

Some notes, though:

1. Robot clones? Argh! So cliched! And yet, with the robot Splinter and President and Prime Minister (ha!), it almost felt like the old show was buried underneath there somewhere.

2. Zog was acting awfully clear-headed with the following of orders and the accurate description of his escape for someone who was supposedly hopped up on poison gas.

3. The Shredder. Why keep doing closeups of his face with the glowing red eyes? THAT'S NOT REALLY HIS FACE!!! Before it was like, "Oooh, this guy's hardcore; his eyes glow!" but now that we know it's just a robot head, that's kinda lame. That would be like me wearing a hat with a lantern on it and they kept doing closeups of my lantern. And remember the old Krang -- when they did the closeups of him, they didn't shoot the goofy bald guy head, they shot DA MAN...er...BRAIN in DA STOMACH! Redyu (that's my new name for him, Redyu -- Red U(trom), get it? ) needs a clear window or something.

4. Baxter as a brain with an eyeball in a jar is going way too far. Not to mention that we've seen brains and eyes in jars ten thousand times before. Think Baxter will become the new Mutagen Man?

* Scary-Crayon * Wesoteric * Chew your gum properly, ok?

Aaand... Technodrome buy/sell/trade thread here!
Old 04-17-2004, 07:11 AM   #10
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Video game exclusive characters? Bulls*** ALL AROUND!!! First the Turtlebot and now the Foot Gunners? When's the Giant Mouser gonna come along??

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Old 04-17-2004, 07:11 AM   #11
Meira-Bates
Mad Scientist

I didn't...he's been still alive...uh how many times now? @.@ Anyways...Am I the only one that thought this ep was short? And though it's against my nature I must give a big 'Told ya so' to all those folks that were sure Hun was gonna be dead. Hehe seems some folk heard us...Baxter reminded me of the convo that my busy IRL friend and I had about him.

Rie: Man....Baxter's nuts! If I were him I'd stop working for Shredder!
me: Well he can't really help it anymore, infact he's been trying to 'avenge' himself lately.
Rie: ...wow wonder how he'll end up...
me: probably as a brain or something...
Rie: nah, screw that, he's only gonna be an eye ball!

Looks like we were both right, lol.

I'm also the winner of the award for being least likely to receive an award! O.o
Old 04-17-2004, 07:12 AM   #12
Zachatello00
Teenager w/ Attitude

Well, this oughta make those baxter figure bashers happy. At least we aren't getting that Krang/Baxter thing. Eww!

As far as the episode, I simply loved when Shredder made his goals clear to Hun "I WANT THE TURTLES DESTROYED!"

Hun's gotta be thinkin', "You're kidding master! THey were the life of our last party, and I just love Michelangelo, he's so funny."

Seriously though, I thought this was a good episode. I missed Zog in Return to New York (which is where he was in the comics). Glad to see that did use that idea though.

Shredder's new Threads, er, scraps are cool. Perhaps this will be the one that Playmates will use for an Evil Utrom Shredder. That would be the best ever!

Oh, and did anyone else feel like playin' Mario brothers during the Turtlize your room sweepstakes commercials?
Old 04-17-2004, 07:14 AM   #13
jestergoblin
Stone Warrior

I think Baxter may end up looking like Mutagen Man..

Zog is a nice addition, he really shows how small the turtles are. Plus how he beat Cyber-Splinter was a quality fight scene. I think his brain has been permanently damaged so breathing nitrogen won't turn him psycho.

So how'd Hun get back? And when did he become friends with the Elite Foot? Wasn't he trying to kill them a few weeks ago? Either way, I amused when Shredder sent Hun and the Elite off to find the turtles since Hun lumbered his way off and the Elite just jumped away.

Speaking of Shredder, what's with his new suit? Did he seem smaller to anyone else? Am I asking too many questions?

Foot Mechs = Foot Gunner! I thought he was a videogame exclusive like Turtlebot...

Not a bad episode, could have used more Karai and more Casey...
Old 04-17-2004, 07:15 AM   #14
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Go Zog It's ya Birtday!

Wow what an episode this episode had just about everything. I totally loved it and cannot wait for part 2 next week.
It's nice to have Mr. Red back so glad Karai is back as well....don't know if I can say the same for Hun I just don't like the guy and it ticks me off hard-core that shredder is always so easy on the jerk he always fails him yet he doesn't get his arms or body parts chopped off. It was awesome seeing more of the foot tech it was great they added the foot gunners to the show even if they had a different name and that robot splinter was realy bad ass it reminded me allot of the old cartoon I hope we get a toy of him.
I am really sad about the state of Baxter stockman I'm so serious when I saw him it kinda put me in a state of shock it made me really sad Baxter is my favorite character and seeing him like this just freaks me out...I know he will somehow have his revenge perhaps in the form from volume 2 seeing him like this just so freakin creeps me out though.
And ZOG! Go ZOG! hehe man it's a shame zogs not gonna last it'd be awesome if the TMNT had a triceraton friend I really love how the show ended today great cliffhanger you so know zogs gonna flip out next week and kick all those foot soldiers butts!
I also liked this look into more of splinters angry side that we hardly ever see it was nice to see him flip out...he's gonna be in for a huge surprise when he sees Big Red's back heh.
This episode was really great in my opinion and I can't wait till next week I wish it was now I'm going to hate waiting for the next episode.
I guess this 10 out of 10 stars.
-Vaughn Michael
P.s. The Most Amazing thing today was No William Hung!
Old 04-17-2004, 07:18 AM   #15
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

I liked this episode, it was cool. I woke up at exactly 9:30 and missed the intro, though. It was really nice to see Zog, and he even said "For the Republic!" like he does countless times in the "Return to New York" comics.
I'm wondering what they're going to do with Zog when this is all over. I'm thinking that air helmet they gave him will make him sane again, and he will attack the Turtles.
Leo took the words right out of my mouth when Don gave Zog that air helmet..."uh, is that such a good idea?" Nice foreshadowing.
Baxter as a brain was good too..I was sick of looking at his ugly face lol. I wonder how he could talk? Maybe he was just thinking, like in "the Man with Two Brains".
I'm waiting for Shredder to turn Hun into something, because he keeps failing him too.
So it looks like Hun didn't die, and didn't get arrested. I wonder how he got away from the cops?
Karai definitely does not want to kill the Turtles. And Shredder was being awfully mean to her for being her "father". What an a**hole. I predict she is going to turn against him next week, because she gave the Turtles her word in honor.
****1/2 out of 5
Old 04-17-2004, 07:21 AM   #16
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

could this mean that the running gag with bacter losing body parts is... you know... over
Old 04-17-2004, 07:26 AM   #17
MikesPizzaShack
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarky
could this mean that the running gag with bacter losing body parts is... you know... over
lol quite possiblelmao but i got a feeling he is some how gonna get another robot body and be able to run around again lmao... him just floating around in his hover tube is not a good careere change. lmao. and i got a question..is it me or has shredders armor changed? it looks alot diff then i remember..its been a while since i say him last lmao. it looks better at any rate.
Old 04-17-2004, 07:26 AM   #18
Deathknight
Mad Scientist

Is it just me or did the robot Splinter look a LOT different when he confronted the turtles.
Old 04-17-2004, 07:28 AM   #19
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathknight
Is it just me or did the robot Splinter look a LOT different when he confronted the turtles.
When the robot was first shown in Shredder's hq, he had just been made and didn't have his details yet, such as fur.
Old 04-17-2004, 07:29 AM   #20
Demonfox38
Stone Warrior

This episode was the DEVIL!! God, I love it when they drag the entire family out to fight . . .

Baxter as a brain had me spazzing out a little bit. Okay, a lot. I think it comes from playing waaaaay too much Star Fox 64. But, he's looking good! . . .no, not really.

And now we know that the government is out to get us, but as robots! Watch out Mr. Bush & Mr. Blair!! (I'm feeling a Bad Dudes vibe coming back . . only Raphael is bad enough to save the President!!)

Zog has issues. Zog needs some Paxil. Went a little nuts-o on the robot.

This has been one of the best episodes I've seen in a while, since my ESP alarm went off only once . . .
Closed Thread