The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: How's the Big Brawl!?
Its like Finding out your Dad's Superman!!! 35 68.63%
"Perhaps fate is telling an overprotective father that his sons have grown up." 13 25.49%
"They were Supposed to Stay Home." 3 5.88%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-15-2004, 06:57 AM   #1
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
New Ep Discussion: "The Big Brawl"

No one started this thread, so I'll do it ...

(Can someone "sticky it, please? Thanks )

[edit by Machi: Hehehe, Done! ]

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 07:02 AM   #2
Eye of Sarnath
Mad Scientist

That was a great episode. I was hoping Usagi would be in it more, but I guess he'll appear more in the next episodes. I thought it was cool to see the return of characters from The Ultimate Ninja, too.

Did anyone else think that stature behind Leo at the end looked a lot like Shredder?

I loved Mikey's comment about Splinter having a girlfriend.
Old 05-15-2004, 07:05 AM   #3
jestergoblin
Stone Warrior

Yeah, I saw some statue similarities too.

The best part was Mikey's comment about the nexus.

Not much for Usagi and he seems really small. It also looks like we may be getting a huge amount of new figures too.

One odd thing: Donny doesn't have his bag this time around.
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 07:07 AM   #4
Demonfox38
Stone Warrior

ACCK!!! Draco is Ridley!!!! ACCK!!!

*e3 does weird things to the mind*

Loved today's episode. There were Lajatangs in it even! WOWWIEE!!!

Ever notice that everyone seems to be at least 8 feet tall in this nexus thing? Must be something in the gene pool or the water.

Aww, Hamato Yoshi was even in it! Come on! That just good stuff right there!!!

Battle scenes were awesome. Kept killing trees. Bet the hippies cried a lot.

In conclusion, I am now a stuttering mess due to exposure to lots of battles and dexteritious styles of fighting. THANK YOU!!! 5/5
Demonfox38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 07:09 AM   #5
PanMan
Stone Warrior

that was definitely a statue of shredder behind leo.

looks like drago wants revenge and he's going to take it out on leo.

an ok ep, but i'm not into the story too much.

[February 19, 2005] I believe that The Shredder will appear in the New Cartoon past Season 3
PanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 07:15 AM   #6
Meira-Bates
Mad Scientist

I don't think it was Shredder, just a random samurai like person. Since when did Shredder use a sword besides the tengu? And other details looked much more like samurai armor than Shredder's armor. It would explain some things if it WERE Shredder...but I really doubt it is. Not just cause it looked more samurai-ish to me, but because I'm sure Splinter would already have met with Shredder if that were the case.

Putting that aside...I liked the ep, twas quite good.

I'm also the winner of the award for being least likely to receive an award! O.o
Meira-Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 07:17 AM   #7
Relay
Hench Mutant

"Perhaps fate is telling an overprotective father that his sons have grown up."

Oh man! Big Brawl Part One was great! I knew Splinter could really kick ass, but to find out he was champion of an multiunversal fighting tournament is amazing, not to mention that Hamato Yoshi was as well. There were a lot of things I really enjoyed about this episode.

During the four-armed guy's story about Splinter and the Battle Nexus, did anyone else catch a glimpse of two monsters from Kirby's universe that he created with the magic pencil? I thought it was a nice touch that the artists brought back a couple of minor old characters as a hidden surprise. The return of the Triceraton gladiator was also a nice touch.

Seeing Usagi Yojimbo was great. The artists did a really good job on him for the new show. True, he was short, but that's the way he looks in the comics. Usagi really proved he was an honorable samurai the way he showed up, saw Splinter in trouble, and then jumped into the fray to help him. He also had some nice moves. I can't wait to see more of him in later parts of the story arc. I wonder if Gen will make an appearance as well?

Those shadow ninjas that attacked Splinter in the flashback and then were about to attack Leo in the cliffhanger looked awesome. I wouldn't mind having those guys replace the Foot soldiers in the show because they looked so much darker and more threatening than Foot soldiers.

The Turtles had some good moves against those stickmen. I can't wait to see how they fare in the tournament. It'd be really cool if they won and had statues made of them. Then that would make 3 generations of masters/students under Hamato Yoshi to win. What a legacy that would be! There had better be a new episode next week to continue the story arc, even though FoxBox said this was the season finale. I can't wait to see how the rest of the Big Brawl unfolds.
Relay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 07:19 AM   #8
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

An awesome ep in my opinion. It was cool to see so many characters return, and even a Triceraton from "Turtles In Space"! cool... Usagi was cool too.. he has always been short. he was really short in the original TMNT cartoon. His voice is cool, although he didn't actually say any words so I'll let you know about that when part 2 airs.
Yeah, Leo hasn't noticed the Shredder statue yet. Funny, NONE of the turtles seemed to notice the Shredder statue.
Well, I saw the creatures from Kirby's world, but it was just in a flashback. And..the Ultimate Ninja wants to be friends now? If he's gonna keep coming around, they need to give him a name. They can't keep calling him "The Ultimate Ninja", when he's obviously not all that ultimate..
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 07:30 AM   #9
rayfillet101
Mad Scientist

Amazing Episode. My favorite Triceriton is back ( Other than Zog)! I was so excited. I hoped to see more of Usagi but we didnt. Next time though. And by the time Prt 2 airs, I will have a Usagi figure( Theyre coming out supposply in september). The cliffhanger didnt really phase me much. seeing how they were firing an arrow at a turtles shell!

"When you scream my name, pleading for the pain to stop, you may call me...Bishop."
rayfillet101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 07:34 AM   #10
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Um...The WHOLE Big Brawl arc airs before reruns time..

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Old 05-15-2004, 07:34 AM   #11
Meira-Bates
Mad Scientist

That's another reason I highly doubt the statue was Shredder...no one paid attention to it x.X

I'm also the winner of the award for being least likely to receive an award! O.o
Meira-Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 07:45 AM   #12
rayfillet101
Mad Scientist

so Big Brawl Pt 2 is next weekend? Im officialy confussed

"When you scream my name, pleading for the pain to stop, you may call me...Bishop."
rayfillet101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 07:48 AM   #13
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayfillet101
so Big Brawl Pt 2 is next weekend?
Yup

Old 05-15-2004, 07:58 AM   #14
Splinter
Radical Rat

Good episode, as usual. Glad we're finally getting the mystery of Splinter's knowledge that was hinted back in 'The Ultimate Ninja' resolved. And no, I don't think that was Shredder's statue. If it was, it was another variation of his armor from over the centuries.

As for next week, according to my TV listings...

"Tales of Leo"

So it looks like we will be waiting til later this year for the last 3 episodes of Season 2.

R.I.P. Master Splinter - Mirage Comics - May 1984 / June 2003
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - New Episode Guide
Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 08:10 AM   #15
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist

I hope there will be more episodes after the rest of this arch, but of course there will.

That chant that Leo and Splint did was creepy...hummdiddlyhumdiddlywhoadiddlyyayyyyy. I was actually hoping for Mikey to try the chant out.
jeff the cheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 08:33 AM   #16
RskimB
Hench Mutant

I liked this episode I'm glad I woke up on time, I've been missing a few episodes before this on. Nice episode, not as much humor as usual but the action made up for that.

So does this mean season 2 is over?
Old 05-15-2004, 08:37 AM   #17
Jephael
That whack job behind you

I was so anxious to see Usagi's big premier, that every time a portal opened I kept thinking it would be him. I liked how they used him in the backflash though.

YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/Jephael
Facebook: www.facebook.com/jephael
Twitter: https://twitter.com/JeOughton

Sadly I no longer frequent this community, but please give it a shot. You never know who you might connect with. I will forever cherish the fond memories I have of the fandom as it was in its heyday. Peace and love to you all - Later, dudes!!!
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 08:38 AM   #18
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator

I liked this episode. It was very cool. Seeing Splinter fight... see, now they should know never to mess with their father, hehe.

I liked Mikey's "Nexus" quote, but my absolute favorite line of this episode was "It's like finding out your dad's Superman!"

I though that was adorable!

Awesome episode!
Old 05-15-2004, 08:48 AM   #19
Blades
Thug

I thought this episode was well done; had a fangirl moment when Usagi Yojimbo (sp?) showed up. It wasn't very long, but I think he'll be back. On thing though - from the noises I heard Usagi make, it sounds like he has a high pitched voice...not sure if I'm gonna like that or not. The cameos by Jack Kirby's monsters/creatures and the Triceraton gladiator were cool too! I want to see more of the gladiator, he seems like a good character, and one that could grow in the series (somehow).

Humour was great as always. Not much needs to be said about that. ^_^
Mike- "What? It's not like Donny's the only one who watches Star Trek" (or something similar)

As for the 'Ultimate Ninja', I have a funny feeling he has more to this story than meets the eye. THOERY: U.N. is working with Draco (that's the dragon's name right?) to take over the tournament, and U.N. can take his father's place.

OK, now, is the next part of "Big Brawl" on in a week, or is it reruns starting on the 22nd?
Old 05-15-2004, 09:09 AM   #20
Albrecht
Mad Scientist

Well it looks like im the only dumb ass that didnt know that the turtles are no linger on at 10:30(****) what time is it now.