The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   General TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   1987–1996 series crossover with Rise of the TMNT? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=59217)

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 12-02-2017 09:10 AM

1987–1996 series crossover with Rise of the TMNT?

Does anyone believe Rise of the TMNT will crossover with the 1987–1996 series?

I believe that if Rise of the TMNT will use Krang and Dimension X, those may once again be the same, which will also be an excuse to crossover with the 1987–1996 series' turtles and Splinter.

neatoman 12-02-2017 10:23 AM

No, just no. They've done done this sort of ******** 3 or 4 times in the past 8 years, any "charm" it might have had to see them interact with a modern incarnation wore thin. "Let's have two seperate adaptations of the same thing" does not make for good storytelling like a normal crossover or alternate universe might, it's pandering to a vocal but shrinking minority.

The show ended almost 22 years ago, the people involved are either elderly or dead, the people who grew up with it are becoming middle aged, trying to cash in on it's concepts for a big budget movie didn't work and the latest of these crossover dealies was in the Nick show's bottom 10 ratings. The nostalgia factor for this show is dying, accept it and leave it in the past where it belongs.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 12-02-2017 10:33 AM

I agree it should better rest in peace. The thing is that Nickelodeon know they can make money on it.

neatoman 12-02-2017 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan (Post 1732331)
The thing is that Nickelodeon know they can make money on it.

OK but their attempts to do so aren't working, I just explained this.

FredWolfLeonardo 12-02-2017 11:26 AM

I believe it would be better if Rise crossed over with Nick tmnt.

The only time I think FW tmnt appearing again would be cool is having them in a cameo or an entirely new show/movie that is a remake of the 80s show with better animation, possibly an entirely new cast etc. Kind of like the Thundercats reboot or Pokemon The Movie: I Choose You.

CyberCubed 12-02-2017 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo (Post 1732343)
I believe it would be better if Rise crossed over with Nick.

That's very likely to happen. Both shows are produced in-house at Nick, and Rob Paulsen is the voice director.

We'll definitely see the 2012 Turtles crossover with the new show at some point. It would be kind of funny if they use that time to bring back old plots like Fugitoid, or maybe show Tiger Claw fight alongside the Turtles as an ally, since his VA is also Splinter in the new show.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 12-02-2017 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo (Post 1732343)
I believe it would be better if Rise crossed over with Nick tmnt.

Maybe they'll have the same Dimension X, and Kraang, all three series.