The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TV and Movies (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Favourite Villains? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=52633)

MrTMNT2012 07-02-2015 06:53 PM

Favourite Villains?

Don't know if we had this thread before but just curious what are some of your favourite Villains in TV & Movies?

For me what makes a great villain are diabolical plans/feats and complexity.

So my Top 5:

5. The Shredder (Duh.)
4. The Joker (Love how he contrasts the main hero to absolute perfection.)
3. Darth Vader (Extremely complex and poignant character that seems to be overlooked recently due to the Star Wars Prequels.)
2. Norman Bates (His incredibly subtle mannerisms and psychological nuances still give me chills every time I watch Psycho.)

(1.) Johan Liebert (He is the very epitome of evil. A multi-faceted nihilist who never actually kills anyone with his own hands but has manipulated and caused thousands of deaths. Dude can simply kill you...with words. Nuff said.)

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...12-640-480.jpg

CyberCubed 07-02-2015 09:12 PM

Biff Tannen is the best.

"Hey, Mcfly! Hello, Mcfly?! Anyone home?"

Shiro Kame 07-02-2015 09:39 PM

Shredder in the 2012 and 2003 TV series.

Robotnik in SatAM, AoStH (one episode showed just how devastating he could be when he pulled a decoy gambit in an attempt to destroy important Mobian transport stations so that no one could escape when he unleashed an invasion), Sonic Underground, and the Sonic the Hedgehog comics.

The Joker

The Destructix from the Sonic the Hedgehog comics when Ian Flynn gave them more depth before the Penders lawsuit resulted in Archie losing copyright to them.

Lex Luthor (he's just a man, but able to pwn Super Man with just his intellect and cunning)

Starlight Glimmer (the first MLP villain to not be some eldritch abomination, and yet is horrifyingly effective as a villain with her nazi-esque brainwashing and propagana to get ponies to give up their cutie marks and talents, and nearly brainwashed the Mane Six.)

Leo656 07-02-2015 09:49 PM

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...wood_Hogan.jpg

Slade 07-02-2015 11:12 PM

^^ this guy :lol:

I think we've had this before, but I'll do it just for sh*ts and giggles.

1. The Joker.
2. Lex Luthor
3. Deathstroke
4. Darkseid
5. Akuma
6. Ras' Al Ghul
7. Bane
8. Darth Vader
9. Darth Maul
10. Carnage

MikeandRaph87 07-02-2015 11:53 PM

I always have had a thing for villains and supporting cast like sidekicks or other teaming up with a featured hero. There have been many villains that have intrigued me over the years but I settled on a top ten even though there are quite a bit more that interest me more than any other villain in all media. Who are your top ten villains and why? Mine are because of the combination of thier fun aspect yet deadly, cereberal, and cool characters designs and concepts of the characters. Now with that being said there are my favorite villains throughout all fictional realms.

1. The Shredder

He was my favorite as I grew up and still is. He is the perfect blend of fun and meancing in appearance and action. The only thing holding back the version I associate with him the most, that of the '87 cartoon was the sensitive censors of the time.

2. Darth Vader

The costume's menacing yet cool look, the fact i can do a dead on impersonation of him, the great fight sequences. Hard not to like. I still don't get his needless death in RoTJ.

3. The Riddler

I tend to like brains over brawn and fun characters. Riddler is that and my favorite color is his main costume color while he also brings the mystery angle which I like to have in my readings whenver possible.

4. Venom

Overplayed then underplayed. A character who never gets the proper balance of treatment. Mr. Brock is a great concept with a cool design for a costume and is meancing. Waivering alligence and a code all of his own make him unpredictable and dangerous. A fun read whenever involved in a Spider-Man plot.

5. Dr. Octopus

He is a fun character. In real life arrogant people are the hardest type for me to interact with but Doc Ock is surreal with his intellect and personality that instead of offputing it makes for an epic showdown with an unlikely villain. A surprsing enjoyable character with each read.

6. Mr. Freeze

Nice gimmick, character driven, and like a very few others actually can root for the poor guy, and cool design...until he got a mohawk.

7. The Rat King

He is usually depicted as the secondary foe in TMNT lore. At times I wonder if he ever be depicted as great as he was in the '87 cartoon ever again since he was an imperfect clone of another character, looks like the Phantom of The Opera in the 2012 cartoon despite giving him a background that makes sense then transforming him into the character while Mirage killed him off after just one appearance. he is mysterious,creppy,fun, and meancing.Enjoyable whenver he gets a chance to shine.

8.Slash/ Leatherhead-tie

Evil mutants are a great concept if not overdone. Bizarro-like characters are always fun if done right. Slash is the evil opposite turtle with a history of character charaacterization to become an anti-hero and consitently has a good design. I love the Archie version the best. Leatherhead has been done more ways then any villain character aside from maybe Lex Luthor or Joker as he is a villain, an ally, a nuetral character, an aligator, a crocodile, a human in origin or a gator in origin. The '87 cartoon defines him for me as he was such a fun character with his dialogue and design.

9. Lex Luthor

This guy has been a few things in 73 years but changing him from a mad scientist to a corrupt businessm man was brilliant. I like corrupt businnes in my readings as long as not overly stretched out plots come with it. It also allows or Ultra Humanite, who rightly deserves a place a role in JSA or Superman comics. playing Superman by using the law and Superman's cde to keep him at arms length...most of the time even toying in politics? A normal yet abnormmaly brilliant man a way to get to Superman. Gotta say he has had such luck with a string of great portrayals in media. He like Joker I get so tired of and wish to have regulated appearances of however in the DCAU,keep thme coming!

10. Lord Zedd

A great blend of scary,cool,and dangerous. An overlord and conquerer with a scary appearance(he scared me and I liked it surprsingly) until adults complaints made him comical. Still managed to do damage despite being surrounded my imported and recycled footage and strict censors. While its been many years since my five seasons of PR viewership I still appreciate this guy. A fun creepy character.

Honorable mention goes to Joker.
Why honorable mention and not on the top ten? Practically very appearance from the last couple 60's appearances through Jason Todd's inception were one classic right after the other. He was deadly yet FUN. He lost that when he was psychologically analyzed starting with The Killing Joke and lack of brilliant stories told with him featured since then. There have been a couple but only a couple. So he is listed thanks to say 1968-69,173-1984 appearances but not in the top ten because of TKJ onwards. Not to mention the excellent portrayal by Mark Hamill even if only in voice.

Prowler 07-02-2015 11:54 PM

This would be a lot easier if we could name video game villains as well. I'll try, anyway:

Shredder (TMNT)
Crocodile (One Piece)
Darth Vader (Star Wars)

...and that's all I could think. They're the ones that stand out the most when it comes to personal preference. I guess honorable mentions go for The Rat King and Krang from the Fred Wolf series.

ProactiveMan 07-03-2015 03:39 AM

http://i.imgur.com/azlmAdd.jpg

Dick Jones.

Guitar_Raph 07-03-2015 04:58 AM

My top 10 list.

10). Oil Can Harry (Mighty Mouse. movie shorts & 1979 cartoon); 1979 version sounds like Skeletor

9). Patty Farrell (Diary of a Wimpy Kid movies) Can't stand her bitchy additude!

8]. Dick Dastardly (Wacky Races, D & M Flying Machines, Fender Bender 500, Yo Yogi) Drat, drat & Doube Drat!

7). Dragon Lord (Next Mutation) Had to squeeze NM somehow.

6). Mildew Wolf (It's the Wolf) Paul Lynde voiced that character. Was reformed 7 years later on Laff-A-Lympics with John Stephenson taking over the voice.

5). Catwoman (Eartha Kitt) Julie Newmar came on to Batman, but they wouldn't let Kitt snuggle on Batman.

4). The Hooded Claw/Sylvester Sneekley (Perils of Penelope Pitstop); I agree, Paul Lynde was great as that character & Circle gets the square!

3). Rita Replusa (Power Rangers); I got a headache!

2). Hoo Doo (Lidsville); When he wasn't zapping the good hats, he also did Match Game.

And the #1 answer...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...psdomgloon.jpg
WITCHIEPOO!!

Wesley 07-03-2015 11:10 AM

Not necessary in this order.

Top 10:

1. Ben Linus (Lost)
2. The Shredder (TMNT 2003)
3. The Joker (Batman TAS)
4. Angelus (Buffy)
5. Lindsey McDonald (Angel)
6. Aku (Samurai Jack)
7. Keyser Soze (The Usual Suspects)
8. Penguin (Gotham)
9. The Rat King (TMNT 1987)
10. The Caller (Phone Booth)

MrTMNT2012 07-03-2015 12:26 PM

Some really good lists! :)

Can't believe I forgot about Keyser Soze from The Usual Suspects. Consider him and Venom as my #6 & 7.

Peanut 07-03-2015 12:31 PM

TurtleTitan97 07-03-2015 05:43 PM

My top 10 favorite villains:

1. Eobard Thawne/Reverse-Flash (The Flash)

Fav quote(s): "Oh, I'm not like the Flash at all. Some would say that I'm the Reverse!"

"Just so we're clear, after I kill you, I'm going to kill them. And then I'm going to kill your father. I always win, Flash!"

2. Darkseid (DCAU)

Fav quote: "I am many things, Kal-El, but here, I am God."

3. Demon King Piccolo(Dragon Ball)

Fav quote:"Hahahaha, fool, you don't have a single clue of who I am do you? I am the abomination that haunts your nightmares. Soon, you will call me master. "

4. Slade/Deathstroke (Teen Titans)

Fav quote: "I am the thing that keeps you up at night. The evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind. I will never rest and neither will you."

5. Joker (DCAU)

Fav quote:What's the matter, Batman? No witty comeback? No threat? Then I'll provide the narration. I'll begin with how I peeled back the layers of the boy's mind. Oh, he bravely fought it at first. You would have been so proud to see him so strong. But all too soon, the serums and the shocks took their toll, and the dear lad began to share such secrets with me. Secrets that are mine alone to know... Bruce. It's true, Batsy. I know everything. And kinda like the kid who peeks at his Christmas presents, I must admit, it's sadly anti-climactic. Behind all the sturm and Batarangs, you're just a little boy in a playsuit crying for mommy and daddy. It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic... Oh, what the heck? I'll laugh anyway.

6. Kang the Conqueror (Avengers: EMH)

7. Cell (Dragon Ball Z)

Fav quote:"First I'll destroy you, then your friends, and then this worthless planet! But before I do, I want you to remember something! I will live forever!"

8. Loki (MCU)

Fav quote: "Kneel before me. I said... kneel! Is not this simpler? Is this not your natural state? It's the unspoken truth of humanity that you crave subjugation. The bright lure of freedom diminishes your life's joy in a mad scramble for power. For identity. You were made to be ruled. In the end, you will always kneel."

9. Skeleton King (Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go!)

Fav quote: "The time has come to wipe humanity of the face of Shuggazoom! Let the war between the living and the dead BEGIN!!!"

10.Leonard Snart/Captain Cold (The Flash)
Spoiler:
[IMG][/IMG]

Fav quote(s): "The Scarlett Speedster. Any preference on the way you'd like to die? The flame or the frost? Not in the mood for chit chat. Gotcha. Ready when you are."

"Greetings, citizens of Central City. I am Leonard Snart, but you can call me "Cold". I’m going to make this very simple for everyone: That red streak you’ve been hearing whispers about, the one mysteriously saving people these past few months — well, surprise, he’s real. Calls himself The Flash. Porter and Main, tonight, sundown. Come out, come out, wherever you are, Flash. Show the whole world you’re real, or this woman dies."

Honorable mentions:
Frieza (Dragon Ball Z)
Aku (Samurai Jack)
Grodd (The Flash)
Zaheer (Legend of Korra)
Lex Luthor (DCAU)
Darth Vader
Darth Maul
Shredder (2k3/2k12)

AT-Man 07-04-2015 03:29 AM

Kevin Owens!!!! He's just brilliant, my new favorite WWE superstar.

Patches the Hyena from Souls games, I just can't stay mad at him.

Skeletor in the Filmation He-Man https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGyp...tu.be&t=15m29s

edit: Oh right, Azula, Ty Lee, Zaheer & co, Amon... yeah, almost every Avatar villain.