The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   General discussion / Latest purchases / Currently Playing? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=21346)

Netkeeper 09-15-2014 07:46 AM

>casual
>don't like to be stuck on puzzles

http://i.imgur.com/w0gvv4q.png

http://i.imgur.com/OoGIKmc.png

Turo602 09-16-2014 06:55 PM

I think I might have mentioned before how ashamed I was of myself for never having completed Super Mario Bros. 3, so I've finally decided to have at it. I'm almost done with World 5 and boy I'm I feeling nostalgic as hell. SMB3 definitely has the best music in the series.

TheCanadiandrome 09-17-2014 11:04 PM

It's been ages since I've played that game

Icebot 09-18-2014 09:57 AM

Just played Mario Kart 7 on 3DS.

Allio 09-18-2014 10:23 AM

Naruto Ninja Storm Revolution

AT-Man 09-18-2014 11:24 AM

Maybe I'm just a bad gamer, but some of the bosses in Bravely Default are REALLY hard! Especially the asterisk wielders. I just finally killed Qada and that fight was abominably hard. But then again I rather play with encounters at -100% or -50% when I'm in a new area, and grind later if needed. When I finally beat the game, I'm gonna play it on easy and not do any of the side missions. I don't think I'll even try the hard mode.

Netkeeper 09-18-2014 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turo602 (Post 1350629)
I think I might have mentioned before how ashamed I was of myself for never having completed Super Mario Bros. 3, so I've finally decided to have at it. I'm almost done with World 5 and boy I'm I feeling nostalgic as hell. SMB3 definitely has the best music in the series.

No need to be too ashamed, I've never completed it either. It is really fun, though.

Digital Ghost 09-19-2014 02:58 PM

Played through the Bioshock series this week.
I vastly preferred venturing through Rapture than the seemingly unending chore that is Columbia. While I realize Infinite was award winning, I honestly found myself wondering why.

Apologies to those of you that enjoy Infinite... I honestly wish I had enjoyed it more... but from the unbalanced lock pick system wherein I was receiving so many lock picks late in the game with no real use for them, the useless Gear system that required no need to focus on until late in the game when ammunition became rare and the boring, repetitious enemies, it just isn't any fun. Maybe I was a little worn out in playing all three in a row like that but Infinite bored me beyond belief. It was the very definition of tedium. The story's there... but none of it is very uplifting or hopeful. In the end, I found myself rushing just to be done with it.

tmntpower1988 09-22-2014 05:00 AM

Just finished playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 yesterday and I've started to play Devil May Cry 4 today.

TheCanadiandrome 09-22-2014 02:52 PM

trailer for the new WWE game looks awesome

http://www.sescoops.com/video-wwe-2k...eplay-trailer/

Dawnatello Turtle Chick 09-22-2014 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmntpower1988 (Post 1353087)
Just finished playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 yesterday and I've started to play Devil May Cry 4 today.

We started Ultimate Alliance 2 (my hubby & I) but for some reason never finished... We need to, such a fun game! I should give Devil May Cry 4 a try since we got it with a Capcom bunle, but we just got Destiny so I've been playing that a bit. Plus, I need to finish Wind Waker.... too many games, not enough time!!!

I recently (finally) found a Collector's Edition of Tomb Raider for PS3 and snatched it up. I wanted one of these since the game originally came out but didn't have the money at the time. Came complete and everything was brand new except the game itself, plus got the hardcover strategy guide with the amulet necklace all for $40. I don't need the strategy guide but it's very pretty to look at plus I kinda collect the guides. I love that Play Arts Lara figure, very cool!!!! I've now purchased Tomb Raider 3 times, lol. But I couldn't pass that one up!
http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/...1FE18C6F98.jpg

Icebot 09-25-2014 03:02 PM

I'm playing Tomb Raider Legend on GameCube.

CyberCubed 09-25-2014 03:04 PM

It's a shame the new Tomb Raider is Xbox exclusive for 2015. I thought the days of third party exclusives were behind us. Along with Microsoft buying Minecraft I have to ponder if they're any good for the industry. Tomb Raider better get a port in early 2016 to PS4.

At least Batman Arkham Knight didn't become Xbox exclusive, I would have been absolutely devastated if that were the case.

Netkeeper 09-25-2014 07:40 PM

Picked Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright back up. Didn't play for a while because I accidentally hit the power button while playing [seriously, I ****ing hate the 3DS' power button, this happens all the time] and lost a lot of gameplay. It really put me off continuing but I picked it back up.

Icebot 09-26-2014 09:32 AM

Just played Super Mario Sunshine on GameCube.

TheCanadiandrome 09-27-2014 12:41 AM

Someone should make a thread for gaming IDs

Peanut 09-27-2014 10:43 AM

We had one, it just died because nobody ever updated/used it ever.

Roland 09-28-2014 03:46 PM

I'm playing virtua fighter 2. I need more practice Dural is kicking my butt so hard that getting a hit in seems to be achievement.

Peanut 09-28-2014 08:35 PM

I've been playing a whole lot of Hyrule Warriors. It's great, although not as fan service-y as I had hoped for. It's very much it's own thing, rather than just being a mash-up of all things Zelda, which I think would have been more interesting.

sdp 09-28-2014 09:13 PM

I think I'm in the minority but I miss classic Lara. The franchise had something unique that didn't make the transition to the reboot (PS2 era reboot), but that was still somewhat enjoyable. This new TR game is nothing like the original game and is TR in name only, they could've just made a new franchise with the same type of gameplay.

Well I normally post about what I'm playing in the Nintendo thread since its what I mostly play but I guess I should be posting here?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peanut (Post 1356441)
I've been playing a whole lot of Hyrule Warriors. It's great, although not as fan service-y as I had hoped for. It's very much it's own thing, rather than just being a mash-up of all things Zelda, which I think would have been more interesting.

Those were my thoughts about the game a few months ago before it released, counting its not supposed to be part of the "storyline", it really should've gone all crazy about it. I might pick it up later if its (ever) on sale but I'm already overwhelmed by all the DLC. Dishing full price for a game I don't have time for and will only play for about an hour or so in the next three months is too much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netkeeper (Post 1354891)
Picked Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright back up. Didn't play for a while because I accidentally hit the power button while playing [seriously, I ****ing hate the 3DS' power button, this happens all the time] and lost a lot of gameplay. It really put me off continuing but I picked it back up.

I stopped playing Layton vs PW and I want to pick it up but I've just been too busy with work and school, I only got to the first witch trial but it definitely has all the charm of a Phoenix Wright game and so far the Layton puzzles seem to be the weaker part of the game but its still a match made in heaven. Love the game and hope to pick it back up soon.

Anyone here played the Layton Brothers game on mobile?