The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Current Events (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   R.I.P Lisa Marie Presley (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=65677)

MikeandRaph87 01-12-2023 07:07 PM

R.I.P Lisa Marie Presley

Daughter of one of music's greatest, Elvis has died of caradic arrest in Los Angeles tonight after being rushed to the hospital unable to be revived. She was 54, leaving behind her mother Percillia and her four children.

https://www.npr.org/2023/01/12/11489...own-right-dies

TurtleManiac 01-12-2023 07:15 PM

54 is just too young to die suddenly, but it’s happening quite often lately. We’ve seen news reporters on live TV just collapsing and the cameras immediately switch gears. Weird.

RIP

triplexxx 01-12-2023 07:51 PM

Thoughts and prayers go out to Priscilla and their family. Lisa now rocking with her father in heaven.

IndigoErth 01-12-2023 07:53 PM

Yikes, way too sad. Not really that much older than a lot of us, not with as fast as these years are going. Too scary.

member_removed 01-13-2023 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtleManiac (Post 1953087)
54 is just too young to die suddenly, but it’s happening quite often lately. We’ve seen news reporters on live TV just collapsing and the cameras immediately switch gears. Weird.

RIP

Well her father passed away from cardiac issues at age 42, might well be something genetic.

Shark_Blade 01-13-2023 03:51 AM

I read that Elvis died of diarrhoea.

Elvis Presley constipated for 4 months as autopsy reveals grisly details of toilet death
https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebri...s-23395093.amp

Anyway I only know her as Michael Jackson’s ex-wife.

triplexxx 01-13-2023 03:36 PM

Was also Nicholas Cage's ex-wife, who, along with Travolta and others, are paying tribute.

She's being buried alongside her late 27-year-old son Benjamin Keough.

oldmanwinters 01-13-2023 06:58 PM

First time I ever heard the name Lisa Marie, and then learned about the Michael Jackson connection:
@2:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6BkCxgghDQ

Coola Yagami 01-14-2023 12:11 AM

Didn't she marry or date Michael Jackson for a while to make him appear more normal to the public eye? Kinda like 'hey, he doesn't diddle kids, look at the hot wife he has. seems pretty normal to me' kinda deal?

I kinda feel that Simpsons episode where Troy McClure had a weird fetish and wanted to marry Selma to look more normal to the public was kind of a riff on that.

Andrew NDB 01-14-2023 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coola Yagami (Post 1953178)
Didn't she marry or date Michael Jackson for a while to make him appear more normal to the public eye? Kinda like 'hey, he doesn't diddle kids, look at the hot wife he has. seems pretty normal to me' kinda deal?

I mean, it looks that way. But is that the truth? I don't know. Maybe that was Michael's one stab at trying out a normal life and it didn't work out. I don't know.

IMJ 01-14-2023 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1953180)
I mean, it looks that way. But is that the truth? I don't know. Maybe that was Michael's one stab at trying out a normal life and it didn't work out. I don't know.

I think everyone feels that way. Which is sort of the best actual evidence that something was amiss in that particular situation - that and that awkward public kiss... omg.

Coola Yagami 01-14-2023 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IMJ (Post 1953205)
I think everyone feels that way. Which is sort of the best actual evidence that something was amiss in that particular situation - that and that awkward public kiss... omg.

Yeah, MJ had zero sexual attraction to her, it looked like.

TigerClaw 01-14-2023 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coola Yagami (Post 1953211)
Yeah, MJ had zero sexual attraction to her, it looked like.

The only thing I knew about Lisa Marie Presley, was that infamous kiss from the MTV Video Music Awards

Hamato Yoshi 01-15-2023 11:19 PM

IMO , MJ dating Brooke or Lisa is a smoke screen.....if he wasnt a pedo then he had tendencies imo : naked painting of himself surrounded by little boys , sleeping in the same bed as little boys (a no no imo).....then after he died there were gay rumors , as if to tone down the pedo stuff

But I werent there at Neverland so who knows what really happened there

E didnt have diarrea , that was exactly the problem : he was constipated a lot due to the pills

afaik 6 (!) people in the Presley family died early so it could run in the family......I do believe , like Carrie Fisher , that Lisa Marie used drugs now & then.

"An autopsy was carried out that same day but the report was immediately sealed for 50 years" , such bs.....why would the report be sealed and why specific 50 yrs , lol

"In his opinion, as shared in a 2013 medical paper, when Elvis tripped over a television cord and knocked himself out on the bathtub" , thats the 1967 incident i talked about prior , happened in Palm Springs

RIP Lisa Marie

Coola Yagami 01-15-2023 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hamato Yoshi (Post 1953309)
IMO , MJ dating Brooke or Lisa is a smoke screen.....if he wasnt a pedo then he had tendencies imo : naked painting of himself surrounded by little boys , sleeping in the same bed as little boys (a no no imo).....then after he died there were gay rumors , as if to tone down the pedo stuff

yeeesh.... it's incredibly hard to defend or explain away paintings like that. WTF was the artist who commissioned that even thinking? Sleeping in the bed with the boys is definitely a big no no.

Hamato Yoshi 01-15-2023 11:41 PM

theres a man outside Bergen in Norway , he (like MJ) have been accused several times of being inapp with teen boys but like with MJ theres no actual proof.....but the prank calls kids do to him proofs that hes more than a little interested in teen boys :ohwell:

It got so much fuss it even ended up in norwegian newspapers and they even made a few songs about him : "Sotrapedoen" , it gives me a chuckle even tho very inapp :P

I also like to make jokes about him , lol :

bin Laden : Im in Abottabad
pedo guy : Youre WAY over there....how am I gonna pick you up then :(
pedo guy : we could have a good time with candy , hamburgers & circus. Im getting a stiffy just thinking about it !

(thats no joke , thats how he actually is irl....at least when kids call him)

Like a norwegian mr Herbert , the pedo man in Family Guy

Pedo guy vs Derrick , the cop from german TV show that aired 25 yrs :

pedo : Do you want some candy ?
Derrick : Nein ! *bang*
Klein (Derricks buddy cop comes running) : Was ist passiert ? (What happened ?)
Derrick : Der Sotrapedo ist getøtet ! (The Sotrapedo is dead !)

:lol:

IMJ 01-16-2023 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerClaw (Post 1953225)
The only thing I knew about Lisa Marie Presley, was that infamous kiss from the MTV Video Music Awards

Wow! Never saw that before! :teek::teek::trolleye:
-ahem- Conversation on the Technondrome, everyone.

Andrew NDB 01-16-2023 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerClaw (Post 1953225)

Yeaaaah, still not quite convinced. All of us look at stuff like that, or the marriage itself and are already going in with "Michael's a pedo, this is probably a big sham/PR thing" in the back of ours heads so of course we'll zero in on stuff like the kiss. But Lisa was a bit socially awkward then, and that's a huge stage. Maybe the anxiety was killing her. Maybe a panic attack was coming on.

I tend to think IF it was a sham, Lisa Marie wasn't complicit in it. Michael was a huge fan of Elvis Presley and I'm sure the idea of marrying into the Presley family was a very attractive one to him. IF it was a sham in this way, I'm sure he probably went out of his way and out of his comfort zone to woo her. IF this was a sham, eventually she would've figured out that he didn't actually have true feelings for her and then that was that.

Because what's the alternative? He went to the daughter of Elvis Presley and offered her a bunch of money she didn't need to make a fool of herself for a year and a half? That part I don't really buy.

oldmanwinters 01-16-2023 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1953342)

Because what's the alternative? He went to the daughter of Elvis Presley and offered her a bunch of money she didn't need to make a fool of herself for a year and a half? That part I don't really buy.

“Only fools rush in.”