The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Everything Else (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   How was YOUR 2006? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=17852)

Anarchistguy 12-31-2006 01:49 PM

How was YOUR 2006?

Hello :)

You probably know what this thread is about, so go ahead and share it with us :D

ThirdMarioBro 12-31-2006 02:04 PM

I went to the last E3, met a ton of my idols. I witnessed by favorite game developer rise from the ashes and raise hell like when I was young. I played a lot of good games, got some health issues taken care of, started laying the foundations of a career, began learning piano, swam in the Pacific ocean, I became a multiplatform gamer (Xbox 360), and got a ton of headshots on Live with PDZero, Halo 2, and Gears of War. I finally got my Wii and am enjoying what is now my favorite game on my favorite console (Zelda/Wii). Christmas was good for the whole family, our relatives were dicks all year, so we were dicks to them. Always fun.

Then there was the crap. I gained weight. My dad had heart bypass surgery. I still have no female companionship in my life. Money is tighter. Almost got run over twice. There was other stuff, but I don't care to try to remember. I stick with the happy memories, so it was a good year. 2007 looks to have promise, so here's hoping. Might take a trip to San Fransisco to visit the GDC expo, and try to get tickets to a TV show in LA on the way home. That's not even mentioning that several games I've waited forever on will arrive as well.

Katie 12-31-2006 03:16 PM

what a year of extremes for me.

Bad car wreck in January left me having to learn to walk again...but out of adversity I gained love. Through the rest of the year I had him to keep me going. HE was hands down the best part of this year.

Then more bad in the end with the shooting, which pretty much turned my life upside down, and my own stupidity which brought chaos and uncertianty to my love life.

I plan to keep the best memories of this year, and leave the bookend tragedies behind me. Viva 2007!! may it bring peace and happiness back to my life and to all. :D

Cascadia 12-31-2006 04:23 PM

2006 has really changed my life. In 2005, I applied to numerous universities in order to get into a graduate teacher's program but no one accepted me. So, in 2006, I tried again and being persistent...I applied to 10 schools. Out of the 10 schools that I applied to, 2 accepted me. But another 4 or 5 asked for an interview so I was one of the finalists. In the midst of these interviews, a self-ran part-time job and stress levels, I finished my degree at Oregon State University. I moved to Southern Oregon for my graduate program in order to become a teacher. I am handling my stress levels in a 1 year graduate program rather well. I missed my brother's college graduation due to Denver's blizzard during the winter holidays. Now, I am half-way done with the program and I am scared/nervous. As a way to remind myself that I can get through this program, I have a TMNT mini in my school bag. Well, time has flown quickly in the last 365 days.

Raven 01-01-2007 02:38 AM

I finished High School so that was a big step for me, lost a family memeber which took a tole on me as well. But besides those it was the year where I started to take up making films, I've found a new love that I can express my self with. Plus I've found a college that can teach me both art and film making here in MN that I cant wait to go to next year. Heh for the first time I dyed my hair to pink which through a lot of people off, other wise it was just a year of change and learning. Hope 2007 is even more fun.

Oh yeah and I entered the art contest on the offical Ninja turtles site and actually won, I was really shocked about that. Heh I got a really sweat prize with it, a 1st issue reprint of vol 1 with a sketch from laird. I'm trying to find something to put it in so I dont ruin it. Heh its been a good year for me art wise, I made male artist unchallenged at my school and even got in the paper for some of my art that I did at school. So yeah good year for art.

discordiatookie 01-01-2007 02:47 AM

mine was a mixed bag, probably like most folks, but there was more good than bad. Here's a list:

*got my first tattoo
*still with the missus (our 1st year of being engaged is over! still not set a date yet)
*got a new nephew and a new niece (kieren and eden! one's my bro's, one's my sis's, and my other sis is brewing up a child right now - 7 months preggars!)
*seen both babyshambles and dirty pretty things live
i'm sure there's more cool stuff, but right now i cant think of any... oh yes! i joined the forums :D

crap stuff:

*got into a grand of debt with the credit card! i blame nintendo, ebay and concerts... i've learnt my lesson though!
*got into my first drunken fight (wasn't my fault! honest!)
*put on weight (i'm now 14 and a half stone! :ohwell: )
*still in the same crappy dead-end job
*never got a Wii yet

Sewer Bull 01-01-2007 03:30 AM

Bad. Period.

Ra 01-01-2007 05:28 AM

Pretty good, actually. I made new friends all over the place, I got to see two of my comedy idols live in their good bye tour (though I didn't get to meet them...), I saw myself come along quite a bit as an artist, I managed to get a position at the anime club as a member of the commitie for a few months...alright, it was my best year to date.

There was the bad stuff. I had fights with my parents, my mom and dad were arguing quite a bit, I had an infected finger (definately bad there), I offically lost touch with an old from from elementry school I swore to be best friends with forever...but out of it all, I came out smiling. I had the best year of my life, so I enjoyed it. May as well try to make the best of life while you are still on top :D

Barkworm 01-01-2007 08:29 AM

This was a pretty good year but I ruined a lot of it by being a complete emo kid for a while. Never.Again. The year did lack some sort of accomplishment for me though.

Peanut 01-01-2007 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkworm (Post 451362)
This was a pretty good year but I ruined a lot of it by being a complete emo kid for a while. Never.Again. The year did lack some sort of accomplishment for me though.

I pick this one as well.

Brian 01-01-2007 10:45 AM

2006 went pretty good, I must say. Here's a few things...

I'm going to be a Brother-In-Law (found out yesterday my bro is engaged)
Started off at a great new college (University of Minnesota)
A new addition to the family (my 2nd cousin, baby Jillian)

Spitfire 01-01-2007 02:01 PM

My year sucked for the most part. For every up there was a down.

Got a job - it was so boring I wanted to rip my eye balls out
Things started to go well with my girlfriend - We broke up because I was convinced she was cheating on me
I met a nice new girl - Found out she lied to me so I would break up with my girlfriend and go out with her

Those are the ones that go together then there's these

My X is getting married to her boyfriend she got with a day after we broke up and he proposed to her only a month and a half into their relationship. To top the rest off she never wants to talk to me again and spent a long time telling me how annoying and worthless I am.

I started out with one roommate, now I have three. I was fine with one but the other two make the house to cramped. And one of them I have the feeling dislikes me because he won't talk to me at all or even acknowledge I'm there. He ignores me all the time and it bitter to me when he does toss me a hi. And the other one is fine just she's really messy and I hate cleaning up messes.

Then there's college, oh yay. I can't go to my dream college because it cost to much. So what's the next step? A UC, well to get into a UC or even a State college that the scholarship I have will pay for in full I have to have good grades. Did I have good grades in high school? Hell no, and why? Because I didn't try for crap because I didn't have to have anything better then a 2.0 to get into the school I was told I could go to since my Freshmen year of high school. So now I have to go to community college for a few years to make up my crap grades so I can go to a State or UC.

That's all the bad, here's some good

Got a job at Best Buy
Got a 5,000 dollar computer to edit video on, bought an HDTV, got an Xbox 360.

My life feels a bit more stable now, once I get driving out of the way I think I'll feel like a full person. I think I need a new girlfriend as well. Until I have on e my X won't ever leave me alone.

XERO 01-01-2007 08:00 PM

Not much to be happy about occured last year. Everything I got, I lost AGAIN.

You guys can tell by the fact that I haven't been as active here as I usually am.

I'm at the point where I just feel like if I try anything to gain what I want, I'll just end up losing it anyway.

But, that hasn't stopped me before from being what I always am: Myself.:)

Here's to '07 and a MAJOR turnaround in my life.

Peanut 01-01-2007 08:02 PM

Man, sounds like most people had a pretty bad year. Kinda depressing actually. Let's hope we can all turn it around in 07.

Katie 01-01-2007 08:35 PM

All any of us can do is hope for the best.

*raises a glass (of diet Dr, Pepper) for one last toast.* This is one my friends and I do on special occasions.

Life is what we make of it so let's make it good. Here's to us, and those like us.

Cascadia 01-01-2007 09:00 PM

Cheer up everyone. Life is a journey, there are so many paths that come our way. Each year is a part of a person's journey in life. Of course, there will be ups and downs in the road but always praise the accomplishments and good things that happen. But also learn from the downs and mishaps. Hopefully, this will be a good year/path for everyone.

jeff the cheff 01-02-2007 12:26 PM

I made a good move and transferred colleges in 06.

iris 01-02-2007 02:24 PM

hmm... ain't i little miss sunshine

In 2006:

I never did get laid off like I expected. I quit.

I wasn't crushed, stepped on, licked, kicked, or otherwise mauled by any farm animals. (I look forward to this changing in 2007.)

I still had the same number of fingers and toes as I had in 2005.

Jon finally self-published his album, after three years of 'almost done.'

I finally throttled back on the marketing obsession.

My immediate family members and close friends survived any brushes with death.

I lost religion, woke up, and got over my PTSD.

Nobody sent me hate mail, even after Jon published his album. ;)

Duke 01-02-2007 02:48 PM

Hmm...I've actually thought about how to describe 2006 for about a month now and the only thing I can say is "2006 was both the best and worst year of my life." That probably doesn't make sense to anyone but me but that is the only way to describe it. Some of the greatest things to ever happen to me occurred in 2006 along with some of the absolute worst. So, I guess I'm left praying 2007 beats 2006 as the best year of my life and comes no where close to touching 2006 for the worst year of my life.

Happy New Year!

Hannah 01-03-2007 10:32 PM

BAD
  • I was diagnosed with Diabetes.
  • I got in a fight with my best friend. We now hate each other and haven't spoken in months.
  • I went to high school.
  • I was dumped for the first time.
  • I gained weight.

GOOD
  • I dumped my boyfriend.
  • I met Alaina and Aaron.

Damn.

EDIT: Actually, make the best friend one good, she's gross. :'D