The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   New Guy (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=64113)

TylerD 07-09-2021 11:06 AM

New Guy

Hey all,

I just wanted to introduce myself (which I swear I thought I did in the past) but when I posted today it said it was my first post so I don't think I have...... sheesh I can't remember. ANYWHO..... I have been browsing this forum for quite some time as I am a MASSIVE Ninja Turtle fan. I love everything from the 87 cartoon (have them all on DVD) to the current comics which I have kept up with every month for the past 7 years. I have the first volume of Mirage 84 Ninja Turtle comics in paperback, but other than that I am not too familiar with the older stuff.

Glad to be apart of this community, you all seem like awesome people and can't wait to get to know some of you.

Interesting things about me..... I have been in martial arts for a number of years (that is me in my profile pic), I am a huge Boston Red Sox fan, I have a wife and son (trying to introduce my 2 year old son to the world of Ninja Turtles) and ummm..... Ya, that is it for now.

Have a great weekend all! :tgrin: :tsmile:

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 07-09-2021 12:44 PM

Welcome. This is exactly what we need. Right now, people are here are more busy discussing topics like Star Trek, Star Wars, DC Comics, Marvel Comics and other fandoms than the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

That's OK, since it keeps the community alive until we get some more new TMNT-related stuff. But it's not the first thing you expect on a TMNT community.

TylerD 07-09-2021 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan (Post 1897173)
Welcome. This is exactly what we need. Right now, people are here are more busy discussing topics like Star Trek, Star Wars, DC Comics, Marvel Comics and other fandoms than the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

That's OK, since it keeps the community alive until we get some more new TMNT-related stuff. But it's not the first thing you expect on a TMNT community.

Interesting...... I find the new comics to be very exciting! But I guess with no new cartoon out or movie or anything, there isn't a ton to talk about other than the comics.... And not every TMNT fan follows the comic storylines so I guess it makes sense. I still watch reruns all the time of the old cartoons haha, they never get old (except the red sky seasons were not really my thing) I can't wait for the reboot to be released!

Wesley 07-10-2021 01:16 PM

Welcome. Never read the comics, but I’m a big TMNT fan too. I don’t care much for the newer stuff, though (2012, Bay movies, etc.).

TylerD 07-10-2021 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wesley (Post 1897254)
Welcome. Never read the comics, but I’m a big TMNT fan too. I don’t care much for the newer stuff, though (2012, Bay movies, etc.).

What did you think of TMNT? The digital movie. I loved it.

Wesley 07-11-2021 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TylerD (Post 1897289)
What did you think of TMNT? The digital movie. I loved it.

The 2007 movie? I loved it. Used to be one of my favourite tmnt films, but I have mixed feelings about it nowadays.

Meow 07-11-2021 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wesley (Post 1897313)
The 2007 movie? I loved it. Used to be one of my favourite tmnt films, but I have mixed feelings about it nowadays.

Exactly the same!

TylerD 07-11-2021 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wesley (Post 1897313)

I still really like it. The storyline is a bit strange but it was so well, and the fight scenes were fantastic. Especially with Ralph and Leo on the roof top. I may just watch it this week lol.

TylerD 07-11-2021 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 1897314)
Exactly the same!

Interesting. I will have to watch it again it’s been a bit since I have seen it but I have watched it quite a few times and love it every time.

The Michael Bay Turtles I didn’t care for. The fact that splinter become a master from simply reading a book made me so damn mad. At least give it a better back story.