The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   General TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Amazing vid of guys sparring with the turtles' weapons (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=47156)

demonsweat 04-28-2014 04:16 PM

Amazing vid of guys sparring with the turtles' weapons

Didn't see this posted anywhere yet. These guys are badass! That dude dual-wielding the nunchaku blows my mind. :o

BubblyShell22 04-28-2014 04:16 PM

Yep, I saw this vid before. Very awesome and well done. Kudos to these guys for emulating the Turtles so well.

The Fifth Turtle 04-28-2014 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 (Post 1255319)
Yep, I saw this vid before. Very awesome and well done. Kudos to these guys for emulating the Turtles so well.

Yes. This was posted in the movie section but perhaps it would be better suited here. Idk. Very cool video none the less.

Shark_Blade 04-28-2014 05:03 PM

I love these guys. :tlove:

The Fifth Turtle 04-28-2014 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 (Post 1255319)

Wow edit for double post...... love this phone!

TigerClaw 04-28-2014 05:14 PM

One of the guys in the video, The one playing Leonardo, Is actually one of two stunt doubles for Splinter in the new movie.

demonsweat 04-28-2014 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerClaw (Post 1255350)
One of the guys in the video, The one playing Leonardo, Is actually one of two stunt doubles for Splinter in the new movie.

Just saw that, along with the other stunt vids. That redeems the movie slightly in my eyes. Really hoping for some decent fighting scenes if nothing else.

Andrew NDB 04-28-2014 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonsweat (Post 1255353)
Just saw that, along with the other stunt vids. That redeems the movie slightly in my eyes. Really hoping for some decent fighting scenes if nothing else.

There's no question the fight scenes will look good... there's some question if they'll actually have teeth, though (will their weapons actually land any blows, or just be fancy, pretty blocking moves followed by kicks, like the first movie?), and if they'll actually be fighting anyone who will be fighting them with martial arts weapons.

Twin katana vs. sai? Great! Nunchaku vs. a sword? Awesome!

Now, twin katana vs.... a gun? Um. Nunchaku vs. some kind of nightstick? Ah...

Because it looks like that's what we're getting.

Shark_Blade 04-28-2014 06:10 PM

Quote:

This is heavenly news.

demonsweat 04-28-2014 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1255354)
There's no question the fight scenes will look good... there's some question if they'll actually have teeth, though (will their weapons actually land any blows, or just be fancy, pretty blocking moves followed by kicks, like the first movie?), and if they'll actually be fighting anyone who will be fighting them with martial arts weapons.

Twin katana vs. sai? Great! Nunchaku vs. a sword? Awesome!

Now, twin katana vs.... a gun? Um. Nunchaku vs. some kind of nightstick? Ah...

Because it looks like that's what we're getting.

Agree. Seeing the Foot soldiers holding guns was what made me write the whole thing off initially. I'm in the "leery" camp myself, but I'll concede that some of the choreography might be good. But I'm also concerned that they might do the fast cutting thing during the action, which was something I hated about Transformers.

DonnyMac 04-29-2014 06:45 PM

Quote:

That is awesome news. This vid was very very cool

pannoni1 04-30-2014 02:02 PM

Thanks for sharing! Even the pizza reference is nice to see, and good to see how there is some talent involved for the movie.