The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   General TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Remember Groundchuck, Dirtbag, and Chromedome? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=7404)

raphael90 01-30-2004 11:29 PM

Remember Groundchuck, Dirtbag, and Chromedome?

Anyone remember these villains? What was your overall opinion of them? I remembered I wanted the action figures so badly because they looked cool and I was even more excited when they came on the cartoon series. I can't for the life of me remember what the name of particular episode was or what their personalities were like either. Was Chrome Dome even in the same episode as Dirtbag and Groundchuck? It was like 12 years ago, all I remember from that episode was Raph getting the jump on Dirtbag and thinking "Woohoo, get 'em Raph"

Also, what season was this ep on?

Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan 01-30-2004 11:32 PM

Groundchuck: "Planet of the Turtleoids: Parts 1 and 2"; "Escape from the Planet of the Turtleoids"

Dirtbag: "Planet of the Turtleoids: Parts 1 and 2"; "Escape from the Planet of the Turtleoids"

Chromedome: "Planet of the Turtleoids: Parts 1 and 2"; "Night of the Rogues"

I thought they were interesting characters. It's too bad they all appeared in only a couple of episodes.

"Ooooh, that makes me see red!" - Groundchuck, from "Escape from the Planet of the Turtleoids"

raphael90 01-30-2004 11:39 PM

I think I've seen those eps on video...need to find 'em and rent them. Thanks for the info! :)

Coola Yagami 01-30-2004 11:50 PM

Groundchuck-'yee-haw, let me at them wide open spaces!'

Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan 01-31-2004 07:23 AM

Re: ....

Quote:

Originally Posted by raphael90
I think I've seen those eps on video...need to find 'em and rent them. Thanks for the info! :)

Actually, only one of those episodes was put on a video, and that was the two-part miniseries, "Planet of the Turtleoids."

http://www.technodrome.com/images/vhs/potto.jpg

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news! :(

"Don't be such a baby!" - Krang, from "Planet of the Turtleoids: Part 1"

Jephael 01-31-2004 09:56 AM

I got that tape at my local Blockbuster back when I was an employee at Wendy's like three years ago. The tape's still in fairly good shape, give or take acouple scratches in the picture from being rented so many times.

MW8979 01-31-2004 10:03 AM

Chrome Dome was awesome. He should have been in more episodes, or preferably he should have been Krang's personal sidekick till the end of season 7 or something. Shredder already has two henchmen, if Krang had one, then he probably wouldn't have to rely on Shredder so much and get more done.

Reznorite420 01-31-2004 11:23 AM

Speaking of Chrome Dome and Night of the Rogues, how the hell did he come back? He was completely obliterated along with that mini Technodrome in Planet of the Turtleoids Part II.

GodzFire 01-31-2004 12:24 PM

All three kicked butt, I wonder if it was because I liked them as action figures just as much too :-)

THE-X-FLO 01-31-2004 01:26 PM

Actually, Shredder rebuilt Chromedome, and it took him 30 minutes.. Well, he should have taken his time and build 5 Chromedomes, since it is so easy..

Reznorite420 01-31-2004 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE-X-FLO
Actually, Shredder rebuilt Chromedome, and it took him 30 minutes.. Well, he should have taken his time and build 5 Chromedomes, since it is so easy..

Another flaw; it takes him hours to build the first Chrom Dome, yet less than one hour to build another one...

BTW, how do you know he was rebuilt? It's been a while since I've seen the episode, maybe I'll have to give it another watch.

raphael90 01-31-2004 02:28 PM

Quote:

Actually, only one of those episodes was put on a video, and that was the two-part miniseries, "Planet of the Turtleoids."
Yes, I have seen that video then, thanks for showing the pic! Trouble is I had no idea Groundchuck and the gang were on that...man I wish I'd pushed myself to rent it, I woulda been in for a pleasant surprise! :D Sad thing is, that was at a rental store back in my old residence! Gack! Oh well, I'll continue looking for it, maybe could get it for a good price on Half.com or Ebay.

THE-X-FLO 01-31-2004 04:30 PM

In Night of the Rogues, after Shredder says he wants revenge on the turtles, we see immediately another scene, where he finishes welding Chromodome's circuits. He comments : "The last time Chromedome met the Turtles he merely defeated them. This time, he shall not fail"
The way he's talking, it's obviously the same robot, so he must have picked the parts after its destruction at the end of the 5th season. That would explain why it is a lot faster.

Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan 01-31-2004 06:21 PM

Re: ....

Quote:

Originally Posted by raphael90
Oh well, I'll continue looking for it, maybe could get it for a good price on Half.com or Ebay.

Yeah, that shouldn't be a problem. TMNT videos are sold on Half.com and eBay all the time, and they are all affordable. You can still find sealed copies of this video if you search around, which is how I purchased mine.

"Seven thousand manholes in this city, and you had to bring us up here?"
"Well, it's the nearest one to a pay-phone."

Raphael and Donatello, from "Poor Little Rich Turtle"

Reznorite420 01-31-2004 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE-X-FLO
The way he's talking, it's obviously the same robot, so he must have picked the parts after its destruction at the end of the 5th season. That would explain why it is a lot faster.

That can't be...you saw Chrome Dome blown into smitherines (literally!) in Planet of the Turtleoids, BEYOND REPAIR!

Is this one of those flaws in the show that should be ignored since the cartoon never made much sense in the first place?

Savanti Romero 02-01-2004 09:28 AM

Never saw any episode (I do want to) but I have all three figures and Groundchuck was one of my favorite figures to play with. (I liked how his waist moved and his legs, as weird as that sounds.) Dirtbag seemed to stiff to play with, and I would often use Chrome Dome as a Savanti Romero because I didn't really know who he was.

Lisardo 02-01-2004 09:59 AM

That's what I say. I never saw ChromeDome being rebuilt, what ep are you talking about? Unless you mean Shredder built several robots or something.

Overall those villians were cool, esp. Groundchuck and Dirtbag. Loved their bad attitude, could prolly kick B&R's arse any day!

THE-X-FLO 02-01-2004 12:18 PM

Quote:

That's what I say. I never saw ChromeDome being rebuilt, what ep are you talking about?
We're talking about the ep Night of the Rogues. That's where Chromedome is rebuilt

Lisardo 02-02-2004 03:45 PM

Maybe he was rebuilt in the ep. Tho I don't remember it.

Gremlin 02-02-2004 04:01 PM

I saw the turtleoid two-parter a week ago and I was actually kinda suprised that dirtbag and groundchuck acted intelligent, they were mutated directly from animals and was ten times smarter than bebop & rocksteady from the beginning, despite the fact that the two moron-henchmen shredder has was mutated from human form...