The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Movie Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Renet, Savante, and TMNT III (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58784)

Panda_Kahn_fan 09-21-2017 07:46 AM

Renet, Savante, and TMNT III

You know, with the current state of TMNT movies, I suppose this is a moot point... but does anybody think if we ever get to a TMNT movie in a series with Renet and Savante, people will give it a chance? I'm afraid as soon as 'time scepter' and time traveling turtles are mentioned, people won't give it a chance becuse of TMNT 3. Also, does anyone think tmnt 3 would've been better with Renet instead of April, and Savante Romero trying to sell futuristic weapons to Norinaga instead of Walker? (yeah, I know, poor puppetry, but still....)

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 09-21-2017 08:28 AM

Futuristic weapons from who?

Panda_Kahn_fan 09-21-2017 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan (Post 1716281)
Futuristic weapons from who?

Savante Romero

IndigoErth 09-21-2017 09:05 AM

Ehhhhh..... The frequent time jumping stuff that would even be the entire point of using them works better through episodes of a series, imo, and may be harder to incorporate into a film with a solid story. If a show spends 10 min in a medieval period, so be it; if a film does it...what was even the point, it wasn't even long enough to really enjoy that part or make it mean anything.

Savante Romero might also require an awful lot of time given to backstory so that uneducated viewers even get what he's about, rather than offering no info on the confusing situation of why it looks like the devil is traversing time and fighting the Turtles. Then add in Renet's needed backstory as well to explain what this odd ditzy woman has to do with it and why she isn't just some normal Earth person involved for an unknown reason.

That said, taken from Savante looking and being kind of demonic... now I want a Turtles vs The Underworld. :trazz:

Andrew NDB 09-21-2017 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan (Post 1716277)
You know, with the current state of TMNT movies, I suppose this is a moot point... but does anybody think if we ever get to a TMNT movie in a series with Renet and Savante, people will give it a chance? I'm afraid as soon as 'time scepter' and time traveling turtles are mentioned, people won't give it a chance becuse of TMNT 3. Also, does anyone think tmnt 3 would've been better with Renet instead of April, and Savante Romero trying to sell futuristic weapons to Norinaga instead of Walker? (yeah, I know, poor puppetry, but still....)

TMNT 3 would have been way better with Renet and Savanti and not April and FAKE Casey Jones.

Ulisa 09-21-2017 10:40 AM

I still stand by the idea that it wasn’t necessarily the ideas in TMNT III that were bad, it was the execution. I liked seeing some character development for Mikey though, it could have been done better.Time travel has all kinds of awesome potential in it and given that Savanti and Renet are knee deep in it, why not?

Andrew NDB 09-21-2017 10:41 AM

They should've taken more from Dooney's "Masks." The Turtles showing up and accidentally causing the creation of the Foot in Feudal Japan.

FredWolfLeonardo 09-21-2017 12:25 PM

I'm not opposed to the idea of time travel, especially if its the sequel of a movie after Shredder being killed and they have to face his ancestors and the Original Foot Ninjas in Feudal Japan.

That being said, I think Shredder and Hamato Yoshis ancestors was a big missed opportunity in TMNT 3, instead we get Casey and Splinters ancestors for no reason and Walker as a villain.

Ulisa 09-21-2017 12:39 PM

A lot of people have mentioned before that a live action movie based off “Legend of Koji” from the OT would have been intriguing and I still tend to agree with that.

FredWolfLeonardo 09-21-2017 12:44 PM

I liked that episode better than all of tmnt 3 :)

neatoman 09-21-2017 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo (Post 1716358)

Of course you did, you got through it about five times faster.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 09-21-2017 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo (Post 1716358)

Rahzar and Tokka were also more well-written in the original series than Secret of the Ooze.

FredWolfLeonardo 09-21-2017 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neatoman (Post 1716364)
Of course you did, you got through it about five times faster.

Thats not the only reason I like it more.

CyberCubed 09-21-2017 02:07 PM

Savanti's costume would have looked horrid in TMNT III, no way would a guy walking around in a demon mask looked good with 1993's production values.

They could have used Renet I guess, but her character was unknown outside of comics fans back in 1993.

myconius 09-21-2017 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1716380)
Savanti's costume would have looked horrid in TMNT III, no way would a guy walking around in a demon mask looked good with 1993's production values.

They could have used Renet I guess, but her character was unknown outside of comics fans back in 1993.

it could have looked awesome provided they had the proper budget.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/6-03-2015/o-aCcP.gif

^ this as an example was from 1985

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 09-22-2017 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1716380)

So was Savanti Romero too.

myconius 09-22-2017 06:20 AM

Danny and Keno were both unknown all across the board,
but they were forced upon unsuspecting audiences anyway.

i personally would have much rather seen a chance taken on Savanti and Renet.

d_osborn 09-22-2017 09:25 AM

E&L had good intentions/ideas for TMNT 3. They didn't want to rush it after the bad experience with SOTO, but Golden Harvest just completely screwed the pooch.

Barron even mentioned at one point wanting to do a TMNT Japan time travel story. They should've just handed it back off to him after the declining profits of SOTO.

Andrew NDB 09-22-2017 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d_osborn (Post 1716598)
E&L had good intentions/ideas for TMNT 3. They didn't want to rush it after the bad experience with SOTO, but Golden Harvest just completely screwed the pooch.

Barron even mentioned at one point wanting to do a TMNT Japan time travel story. They should've just handed it back off to him after the declining profits of SOTO.

I never even noticed that TMNT II did less than half of the box office of TMNT I. Huh. Yeah, they should have learned. TMNT II definitely didn't underperform because of a lack of TMNT fans in 1991.

myconius 09-22-2017 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1716605)
I never even noticed that TMNT II did less than half of the box office of TMNT I.

this is what happens when Ninja warriors trade their weapons with yo-yos and hard salamis.