The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Jason Biggs recast as Leonardo. Seth Green to replace him (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=47404)

CyberCubed 05-18-2014 08:58 AM

Jason Biggs recast as Leonardo. Seth Green to replace him

So for those who watched the Pizzaface episode knows that Leonardo has been recasted for the episode. What we don't know if this is only a one-episode thing or if this is a permanent replacement.

The original cartoon series sometimes replaced Donatello or Shredder for an episode with a different VA when their actors were too busy in real life. But I can't think of any modern cartoon that replaces a VA just for one episode, its usually a permanent replacement.

Keep in mind voice work for shows are usually recorded months in advance. Today's episode was probably recorded back in January. So this could have been a long time coming as a reaction to Jason Biggs controversial comments months ago, (as the episodes he already recorded would have been done while that was going on). Discuss.

rickwj324 05-18-2014 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1265808)
So for those who watched the Pizzaface episode knows that Leonardo has been recasted for the episode. What we don't know if this is only a one-episode thing or if this is a permanent replacement.

The original cartoon series sometimes replaced Donatello or Shredder for an episode with a different VA when their actors were too busy in real life. But I can't think of any modern cartoon that replaces a VA just for one episode, its usually a permanent replacement.

Keep in mind voice work for shows are usually recorded months in advance. Today's episode was probably recorded back in January. So this could have been a long time coming as a reaction to Jason Biggs controversial comments months ago, (as the episodes he already recorded would have been done while that was going on). Discuss.

What "controversial comments" did JB make? I hadn't heard anything about that.

I haven't seen this episode yet. How did the substitute actor sound?

kelligrafie 05-18-2014 09:08 AM

As I said on tumblr, maybe they recorded that episode during his wife's pregnancy and he had to be there for an appointment.

It was one of the episodes they showed a clip of at a comic con, as was the Manhattan clip of Splinter of Shredder. Which I find odd, seeing as both episodes have screened mid season, you'd have thought they would've shown an earlier episode for a preview. I don't know if that indicates when they did actual voice recording though.

I don't think Dominic Catrambone (the 'new' guy) sounded that bad. He did one of the games too, which featured pretty much everyone else from the current cast.

snake 05-18-2014 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickwj324 (Post 1265811)

He said some crap online, and we spectualated that he was fired. I didn't think that happend but maybe it did. It is possible that he couldn't show up for the recording session and they just had a fill-in.

Sewer Sirens Podcast 05-18-2014 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickwj324 (Post 1265811)

It was back in 2012 I believe. So awhile ago.

And, personally, I thought his overall performance was pretty good. It just sounded like Jason Biggs had a cold or something, just a little off to me.

kelligrafie 05-18-2014 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snake (Post 1265813)
He said some crap online, and we spectualated that he was fired. I didn't think that happend but maybe it did. It is possible that he couldn't show up for the recording session and they just had a fill-in.

I think as well there were some photos circulating of the cast recording in the studio and Jason wasn't in any of them. That's happened a couple of times. Put the wind up a few fangirls.

snake 05-18-2014 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelligrafie (Post 1265817)
I think as well there were some photos circulating of the cast recording in the studio and Jason wasn't in any of them. That's happened a couple of times. Put the wind up a few fangirls.

Pretty sure that was over instagram when Cipes put a video up of the studio.

I can't remember it happening more then once though.

CyberCubed 05-18-2014 09:38 AM

Funny how Leo only had like 5 lines in the Pizzaface episode. Good thing he wasn't recasted in an ep he had a major role in.

plastroncafe 05-18-2014 09:40 AM

I'll be really disappointed if they recast Biggs due to the whole twitter incident. That shouldn't be something that's held over his head because of an oversight on the Nick Promotional team. Anyone with two brain-cells to rub together knew that Biggs' personal Twitter Feed wasn't meant for children, and it was really crap planning on Nick's part to link to it.

Having said that, Biggs often "phoned in" his recording sessions, as he lives in New York and Nick Studios is in California. That they've actually used someone else's voice is far more damning than him not being in studio pictures.

If it's true that he has been fully recast, that'll be one more nail in the coffin for this show for me.

CyberCubed 05-18-2014 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plastroncafe (Post 1265834)

If it's true that he has been fully recast, that'll be one more nail in the coffin for this show for me.

And what were the other nails in the coffin?

blue_angel99 05-18-2014 10:02 AM

Jason's a busy guy with his acting but he's also controversial. He just did a video which was produced by PETA, begins with Biggs cheerfully saying, “When I have kids I can’t wait to take them to SeaWorld,” followed by him muttering, “maybe they’ll get lucky and see one of the trainers get their legs ripped off.”

snake 05-18-2014 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue_angel99 (Post 1265865)
Jason's a busy and controversial guy besides his acting. He just did a video which was produced by PETA, begins with Biggs cheerfully saying, “When I have kids I can’t wait to take them to SeaWorld,” followed by him muttering, “maybe they’ll get lucky and see one of the trainers get their legs ripped off.”

I-Is he a PETA supporter :teek:

DarkLightDragon 05-18-2014 10:08 AM

Or he just did it for a paycheck.

blue_angel99 05-18-2014 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snake (Post 1265867)
I-Is he a PETA supporter :teek:

Not sure, but he is definitely not a fan of SeaWorld. He gets pretty explicit and says about SeaWorld:

Spoiler:
“Nothing gets me in the mood more than watching a giant, over-m### whale swim around in a tiny bathtub.”

snake 05-18-2014 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue_angel99 (Post 1265879)
Not sure, but he is definitely not a fan of SeaWorld. He gets pretty explicit and says about SeaWorld:

Spoiler:
“Nothing gets me in the mood more than watching a giant, over-masturbated whale swim around in a tiny bathtub.”

He probably said it for money. I'm sure PETA tosses around a lot of money just to get anyone to support them.

TigerClaw 05-18-2014 10:17 AM

Also note that you never see Jason Biggs with the rest of the cast, when there at a Con like Comic Con and such.

Is he really that busy that, he can't find a time to join the rest of his cast mates for an appearance at a comic book convention?

fridaynightdestination 05-18-2014 10:18 AM

http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com...ojhto1_250.gif

plastroncafe 05-18-2014 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1265838)
And what were the other nails in the coffin?

Your mileage may vary, but I'm not really happy with the direction the show has taken this season. I find the episodes to be inconsistent both story-wise and in terms of characterization. Established characters are left underutilized and undeveloped in favor of introducing new ones. Which I'm sure is great for toy sales, but doesn't make for compelling entertainment.

This cartoon was so solid, and now it's less so.
It's disheartening.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerClaw (Post 1265887)
Also note that you never see Jason Biggs with the rest of the cast, when there at a Con like Comic Con and such.

Is he really that busy that, he can't find a time to join the rest of his cast mates for an appearance at a comic book convention?

This isn't entirely true. Sure he doesn't go to as many cons, but he's appeared at the last to SDCCs for signings and panels.

TigerClaw 05-18-2014 10:23 AM

Here's the video he shot dissing SeaWorld.

blue_angel99 05-18-2014 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snake (Post 1265885)
He probably said it for money. I'm sure PETA tosses around a lot of money just to get anyone to support them.

His hatred of SeaWorld seems pretty sincere.