The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Video Game Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=63728)

shredder orokusaki 06-16-2022 02:20 PM

AND HERE Rocksteady kills the turtles!!

HAHAHHA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb2_Z5FS68U

I make them suffer!!! I take my REVENGE!!!

MattOnWheels 06-16-2022 05:34 PM

This is so awesome. Its SOOO much more fun to do combos in this game. You domt feel like you're just mashing, even though mashing works fine. You get more out of being strategic and timing your juggles and hits, launching supers etc.

Also, I love the side missions and the aspect of leveling up each turtle. You start at level 1 (XP Wise) with each, but as you get farther with one turtle it incentivizes you to stick with them, making multiple playthroughs have a purpose.

Have not tried online yet.

There are some deep vut references in here that im sure some are gonna love, too! :D

the soundtrack...my GOD it's good.

CyberCubed 06-16-2022 07:14 PM

If there's one minor quibble I have, I wish the "collectables" in each level were more unique or easter eggs to various episodes. Instead it's just collecting Newspapers for Vernon or Irma's diaries or bugs, etc. I wish each level had 3 unique collectables from an episode (like Donatello's personality alternator machine, Raphael's gag books, or Michelangelo's pets like his fish or parrot from those eps, or so forth), and each stage would have unique collectables referencing some history from the show.

oldmanwinters 06-16-2022 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1934212)
If there's one minor quibble I have, I wish the "collectables" in each level were more unique or easter eggs to various episodes. Instead it's just collecting Newspapers for Vernon or Irma's diaries or bugs, etc. I wish each level had 3 unique collectables from an episode (like Donatello's personality alternator machine, Raphael's gag books, or Michelangelo's pets like his fish or parrot from those eps, or so forth), and each stage would have unique collectables referencing some history from the show.

Definitely could be better. Irma has unique soundclips when you get them but they cannot be replayed once collected. The newspapers and tapes should be something you actually view not just a number quota

MikeandRaph87 06-16-2022 07:30 PM

Do we have a complete level and boss list yet?

Icebot 06-16-2022 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 (Post 1934217)

I just completed the entire game on story mode. I didn’t memorize all the level names yet but I think I remember most of the bosses. Here is what I remember:

Spoiler:
Level 1 boss: Bebop
Level 2 boss: Rocksteady
Level 3 boss: a vehicle I think is carrying Bebop and Rocksteady
Level 4 boss: Groundchuck and Dirtbag
I forgot the next order so I’m just guessing the next bosses are Bebop and Rocksteady together, the Rat King, Tempestra, Leatherhead, Wingnut, Baxter Stockman, Slash, I might have forgotten some
Level 14: Planet Ballarophon in Dimension X, the bosses are General Traag and Chromedome
Level 15: Volcano asteroid in Dimension X where the Technodrome was stuck in season 4 of the Fred Wolf show, bosses: Krang and Shredder
Level 16: just bosses Krang and super Shredder

CyberCubed 06-16-2022 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 (Post 1934217)

There's 16 stages. Here's the boss list:

Spoiler:
Bebop
Rocksteady
Bebop/Rocksteady in the car/truck from TMNT III NES
Rat King
Groundchuck and Dirtbag
Tempestra with Rahzar and Tokka
Leatherhead
Wingnut (no Screwloose)
Metalhead
Triceraton Leader Zorax
Baxter Stockman
General Traag
Slash (in his original cartoon design, which was a surprise and not the Archie version)
Chrome Dome
Krang
Shredder
Super Shredder

That's all unless I missed someone, definitely a few surprises I wasn't expecting and some bosses we haven't had since the NES era.

Seems like they also had a rule that only characters who appeared in the original cartoon could appear, so don't expect any Archie characters or Playmates Toy characters unless they were in the show, and with their OT designs if they do.

sdp 06-16-2022 10:51 PM

Unlike the Konami games which were always a hybrid, this game is strictly a 1987 video game, in fact we could argue the first one based on the original cartoon. I guess because of this it means that we finally get to see
Spoiler:
Super Shredder
in the original 1987 continuity.

FredWolfLeonardo 06-16-2022 11:14 PM

I've always wondered what Super Shredder would've looked like in the Original Cartoon. While I prefer that OT Shredder not lose his handsome and clean look, my morbid curiosity is intrigued all the same since his transformation would probably be the most unexpected and shocking.

Leo656 06-16-2022 11:53 PM

But he wouldn't be Kevin Nash under there, it wouldn't be the same.

Ninjinister 06-17-2022 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icebot (Post 1934241)
I just completed the entire game on story mode. I didn’t memorize all the level names yet but I think I remember most of the bosses. Here is what I remember:

Spoiler:

Level 16: just bosses Krang and super Shredder

I think "just Krang" is underselling it

Spoiler:
Krang retrofits the Statue of Liberty with pieces that look like his Android Body, and it's the Statue of Tyranny

It's an easy as hell fight but it's visually impressive and worth a chuckle.

Andrew NDB 06-17-2022 01:56 AM

So I guess... let's sound off? Who's bought it for what system, who wants to add who and have a go at things.

AquaParade 06-17-2022 03:27 AM

Played about half of story mode and it's really fun.
It's nice to be getting tmnt stuff that appeals to me again, between this and TLR.

It's actually looking like Arcade mode might provide a greater challenge, so I'm looking forward to tackling that with some friends.

I think they need to adjust the taunt mechanic though. A little too easy to abuse outside of boss battles.

TigerClaw 06-17-2022 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1934261)
So I guess... let's sound off? Who's bought it for what system, who wants to add who and have a go at things.

I got it for the Xbox Series X.

AquaParade 06-17-2022 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgarlic (Post 1934279)
Played through it with my brother, online, via Gamepass on Xbox.

Holy hell, this was super impressive. The basic mechanics are obviously based on the arcade/turtles-in-time controls, but with much more added depth. The roll/dodge mechanic becomes useful like in a modern game. Combos and team combos are also pretty interesting. Lots of variation between the character's moves instead of just their reach (for instance, their different uppercuts).

I also appreciated that the bosses carried over a lot of attack patterns from the old games, but then built on them. Some of their weak points are maybe over-telegraphed, but it's sometimes better than the old bosses. Also liked the new pizza pickups (party health, special booster). Lots of cool little touches and easter eggs everywhere that I haven't even begun to dig into.

I've always enjoyed replaying Turtles in Time. To me, it's kind of how the old FredWolf/Playmates era exists in memory and nostalgia: actually cool, action packed, brutal fighting with a sweet soundtrack. And that's obviously not what you experience when you rewatch the Fred Wolf cartoon as an adult, but the beat-em-up games are a better way to revisit the era. And this one is a great love letter to the era of games and cartoons, with mechanics that hold their own regardless of the nostalgia.

I had a similar thought the other day when deciding to purchase a physical copy of this game for my collection, which is something I very rarely do. I thought that if I was going to have anything from the Fred Wolf era, the games would, oddly enough, probably be the best representation.

Even though it's sort of immeasurable, this is probably the highest quality "Fred Wolf TMNT" product we have, in my mind. Kind of funny.

oldmanwinters 06-17-2022 07:15 AM

Seems to me
Spoiler:
Metalhead
would be a great choice as a future playable character since so much of his sprite work is already in the game. And the story mode reveals
Spoiler:
he had only been reprogrammed to fight the Turtles then makes nice with them in the following cutscene.

I think that would be very reminiscent of how DotEmu handled Estel Aguirre's role in Streets of Rage 4.

Anarchistguy 06-17-2022 09:37 AM

I dont see anything...

Shark_Blade 06-17-2022 02:18 PM

Nickokapo 06-17-2022 06:23 PM

Hello!My Steam ID is:

nickokapo

Would anybody please like to add me?I would love to play with some fellow dromers :toops: thank you.

You can pick whichever mode you like, arcade or story, i don't really care as it is mostly the same to me. And don't be afraid of me holding you back, i have a level 10 leonardo in story mode (But you can pick leo if you want, i have a level 10 April O'Neil i can use instead, i actually like her better than leo gameplay-wise, and am currently leveing up Casey Jones to level 10, too. Same goes for Arcade mode, you can pick Leo, it is not really a character i main in any of the turtle games to begin with.)

Andrew NDB 06-17-2022 07:34 PM

So how is the difficulty? Can you set how many lives you get? Is anybody playing through and running out of lives before they can beat the game?