The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Bebop and Rocksteady from the new Show (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=47178)

TigerClaw 04-30-2014 03:07 PM

Bebop and Rocksteady from the new Show

Playmates has a couple of images of there toylines for the Nick TMNT series, And apparently, It shows what appeared to be is some Concept art of Bebop and Rocksteady, Could these be what they will look like in the series?

Bebop

http://playmatestoys.com/uploads/bra...op_bio_pu1.jpg

Rocksteady

http://playmatestoys.com/uploads/bra...dy_bio_pu1.jpg

TurtleTitan97 04-30-2014 03:08 PM

Not bad. Rocksteady looks pretty great.

Though is it just me, or Bebop look like something from Tron?:tlol: But still pretty good.

And commence CyberCubed complaining in 3, 2, 1....

Candy Kappa 04-30-2014 03:11 PM

Pretty cool, but bebop looks maybe a bit too skinny stylized.

Powder 04-30-2014 03:12 PM

Hmm, interesting! Not sure about the blue & yellow outfits, drastic size differences, or the tron-lines on Bebop, but otherwise they're pretty neat looking. They have a very Nick-series feel to them, at least.

RaphAndDonnie 04-30-2014 03:12 PM

I like it but man Bebop has some skinny legs. :o :lol:

BubblyShell22 04-30-2014 03:14 PM

Interesting designs, though I agree that Bebop does look a bit skinny. Definitely can't wait to see them in action.

MrTMNT2012 04-30-2014 03:15 PM

Loving it! Bebop does look a bit skinny but overall, great. :)

TigerClaw 04-30-2014 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 1256128)
Hmm, interesting! Not sure about the blue & yellow outfits, drastic size differences, or the tron-lines on Bebop, but otherwise they're pretty neat looking. They have a very Nick-series feel to them, at least.

I wonder if they are the result of a random exposure to the Mutagen, Since its scattered all over the city this whole season.

raph27 04-30-2014 03:35 PM

....is Bebop wearing a bra? WTF :tconfuse:

TurtleTitan97 04-30-2014 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaphaeltheAwesome (Post 1256169)
....is Bebop wearing a bra? WTF :tconfuse:

It's not a bra. It looks like something is fused to his skin.

Cure 04-30-2014 03:43 PM

I bet you guys Bebop is that background character with the super long and skinny legs, lolz.

They look neat.

Vicky82 04-30-2014 03:44 PM

Wow Bebop looks wierd, Rocksteady looks pretty cool, I can't wait to see them. I wonder who's going to voice them :D

SwiftNinjaFox 04-30-2014 03:49 PM

Rocksteady looks like he's got a little IDW inspiration there.

Not sure I like Bebop being so skinny O_o

Refractive Reflections 04-30-2014 04:04 PM

If this is true they are putting these two in and if they are going to have significant roles... **facepalm**, I guess they're just gonna put more weight on that "OT crutch" then huh? I'm a big OT fan, but having these two (and if they become significant characters) would be pushing the claim even further and further, that the Nick series is more or less a derivative of the OT series, especially now with these two iconic dumb villains. If I wanted to see so many OT references/tributes/elements, I would rather just watch the OT then.

**Sigh** How about this Nick series actually develop its own unique villains a lot more, like Rahzar and Fishface, first? Well, I'm assuming their introduction will be near the end of season 2 or somewhere in season 3. So we'll see... but it's not like this show hasn't been a disappointment before...

MikeandRaph87 04-30-2014 04:05 PM

Not bad. Staying close to the original design while still being its own thing. The only thing I don't like is I think Rocksteady needs boots instead of bare hooves. A future-like look to the punks.

Raven 04-30-2014 04:08 PM

Not bad, they look pretty good. I was expecting something a little more gruesome, more in line with how the other mutants on this series have been appearing. But these are pretty tame, I like these a lot more then I thought I would.

blindturtle02 04-30-2014 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 (Post 1256130)
Interesting designs, though I agree that Bebop does look a bit skinny. Definitely can't wait to see them in action.

A skinnier Bebop? Yeah that'll take some getting used to, but can't wait to see them either.

CyberCubed 04-30-2014 04:13 PM

Bebop is a bit too skinny but not too bad. I just hope to god they're humans and that Bebop is black. Please let him be black. Please let him be black.

Donatello19 04-30-2014 04:15 PM

There's some background info on them on the site, too...

Quote:

Bebop was originally a kind of punk, mohawk-sporting, human thug employed—and mutated—by Shredder. Like his best buddy, Rocksteady, he appeared in the 1980s TMNT show. During a fracas with the Turtles, Shredder turned these gang members into mutant creatures. Bebop became a warthog, still wearing his purple Mohawk and punk gear. Although larger and stronger, both Bebop and Rocksteady still lacked intelligence and failed to defeat the Turtles in any battle. Their incompetence and goofy behavior overshadowed any advantage they gained from their physical transformation.

Bebop and Rocksteady are names that were taken from music genres. Bebop is a style of jazz while Rocksteady is a Jamaican style of music originating from the late 1960s.
Quote:

Rocksteady was a short, blond, and burly human thug employed—and mutated—by Shredder. Like his best buddy, Bebop, he appeared in the 1980s TMNT show. During a fracas with the Turtles, Shredder turned these gang members into mutant creatures. Rocksteady became a rhinocerous; he maintained some of his soldierly look by the Army gear he wore. Although larger and stronger, both Bebop and Rocksteady still lacked intelligence and failed to defeat the Turtles in any battle. Their incompetence and goofy behavior overshadowed any advantage they gained from their physical transformation.

Bebop and Rocksteady are names that were taken from music genres. Bebop is a style of jazz while Rocksteady is a Jamaican style of music originating from the late 1960s.
So they start out as humans, and are employed and mutated by Shredder, nice. As for the designs...I like Rocksteady's a lot, but I just think Bebop shouldn't be so thin...not a big deal, though. Let's hope they're just a little more than two bumbling idiots this time, though...

CyberCubed 04-30-2014 04:18 PM

Please let Bebop be a black man. I hope to god he's not white.