The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Everything Else (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Would you ever wanna go to space? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=65284)

FredWolfLeonardo 08-05-2022 03:48 PM

Would you ever wanna go to space?

Assuming that it doesn't have any health, financial or familial complications, has space travel ever been your fancy?

I've always been super curious about the great vastness of space. There just seems to be something very beautiful about staring into the stars with nothing but your thoughts to reflect upon.

With my current circumstances involving family, finances and time, I'd obviously never go but if someday, we have the technology to safely come and go in a day, sign me up.

Andrew NDB 08-05-2022 04:05 PM

No way. I'm freaking out and sweating, making deals with God (who I don't even believe in) anytime I take a regular flight. I can't even imagine what a space flight would be like.

mrmaczaps 08-05-2022 04:42 PM

You're assuming space flight is actually possible...

IMJ 08-05-2022 04:43 PM

Yes, absolutely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmaczaps (Post 1940707)
You're assuming space flight is actually possible...

The question doesn't assume that. It'd be like me asking "Would you like to fly like Superman?" We all know it isn't possible, but it's still a question. Except in this case, space flight is, of course possible.

IndigoErth 08-05-2022 05:27 PM

And go where really, a human can't reach anything farther then the Moon and the barren land of Mars that doesn't offer much to look at beyond photos we've seen is still out of reach.

As cool as it would be to look back and see the Earth from out there, I really don't have any desire to leave it myself.

NeonTurtledude 08-05-2022 05:43 PM

I liked the idea as a kid but I lack a lot of science knowledge required for it and I'm not sure what it would be like as a sensory experience

it would be cool if we could explore more of space though, to see what else lurks in the galaxy

ChosenOne 08-05-2022 06:05 PM

Depends on only one thing: does it make your ears pop/hurt? 'Cause if so, I'm out. Planes are bad enough as it is.

IndigoErth 08-05-2022 06:28 PM

Good question.

Only been on two airliners in my life and the first one made me experience what it felt like to be deaf on the left side for several days. I don't want to be deaf... Guess I'm definitely staying on Earth.

CyberCubed 08-05-2022 06:55 PM

Assuming:

1. It was free (nobody who isn't a millionaire would get to go there if real life space travel was a thing)

2. It was safe

Why not? It would be the experience of a lifetime.

DarkFell 08-06-2022 02:21 PM

Despite the risks, yeah I would go if there was no responsibilities tying me down to Planet Earth.
It would be quite the experience.

Cowabung-Gal 08-06-2022 02:27 PM

As exciting as it would be to go to space, I would have to decline the offer.

Anything can go wrong, no matter how “safe” it may be. Do you know what it’s like to die in space? It’s freaking brutal and horrifying.

mrmaczaps 08-07-2022 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IMJ (Post 1940708)
Yes, absolutely.

The question doesn't assume that. It'd be like me asking "Would you like to fly like Superman?" We all know it isn't possible, but it's still a question. Except in this case, space flight is, of course possible.

But is it really? We haven't been "back" to the moon since the 60s because we suddenly don't have the technology.... yet, our tech today is better and most of it smaller than ever, yet we can't land on the moon....

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 08-07-2022 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmaczaps (Post 1940862)
But is it really? We haven't been "back" to the moon since the 60s because we suddenly don't have the technology.... yet, our tech today is better and most of it smaller than ever, yet we can't land on the moon....

NASA plans to return to the Moon by 2025.

IMJ 08-07-2022 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmaczaps (Post 1940862)

Much of that current status is from earlier political decisions to outsource space flight in the name of "globalization".

So if there is a conspiracy there for you to latch onto, it shouldn't be that "the moon landing was a lie!" but maybe you can sink your teeth into "the global elite ruined U.S. Spaceflight for a one-world government" or something to your liking such as that.

:)

mrmaczaps 08-07-2022 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IMJ (Post 1940875)
Much of that current status is from earlier political decisions to outsource space flight in the name of "globalization".

So if there is a conspiracy there for you to latch onto, it shouldn't be that "the moon landing was a lie!" but maybe you can sink your teeth into "the global elite ruined U.S. Spaceflight for a one-world government" or something to your liking such as that.

:)

You keep believing that...

FredWolfLeonardo 08-07-2022 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmaczaps (Post 1940892)
You keep believing that...

So do you believe that humanity has never achieved space flight before? No ill will from my side, I'm just curious.

mrmaczaps 08-07-2022 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo (Post 1940896)
So do you believe that humanity has never achieved space flight before? No ill will from my side, I'm just curious.

The Government lies. Its what they do. I question EVERYTHING. A half truth is a whole lie. It does not make sense that tech of the 60s allowed us to get to the moon but then suddenly, newer and better tech can't get us to the same place. But those same clowns want us all driving EVs that are blowing up & killing people... Lol. Yeah, okay. Sure....

Leo656 08-07-2022 03:14 PM

Jesus f*cking Christ.

Cowabung-Gal 08-07-2022 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmaczaps (Post 1940898)
The Government lies. Its what they do.

Oh, yeah. You don’t have to be a conspiracist to know that.

I mean, I don’t believe in reptilian men or literal blood-sucking politicians or fake moon landings, but I don’t believe everything I see on the mainstream media either. It’s not just me; the overall trust in the media is at an all-time low right now because there has been so much deception and gaslighting. The Biden laptop story is a perfect example.

Prowler 10-12-2022 09:36 PM

Yes.

I've always been fascinated by outer space. Must be beautiful up there.