The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TV and Movies (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   New Super Mario Bros. possibly being made by sony (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=50385)

Shred Head 12-12-2014 01:07 AM

New Super Mario Bros. possibly being made by sony
 
Apparently someone hacked Sony and found allot of news on certain movies and one being that Sony has the rights to make a Mario movie. You would think no one in there right mind would ever do that again but thankfully it will be animated.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/adambvary/so...rio-bros-movie

Tell the truth I hope its true a live action Mario movie was always going to be doomed for disaster but animated I think its got some potential. Although if they screw up Nintendo will probraly never trust hollywood with one of there properties again. Also doesn't Sony have the rights for a Sonic movie also? Man I would kill for a team up thats not a ****ing mini game compilation.

TigerClaw 12-12-2014 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shred Head (Post 1391787)
Apparently someone hacked Sony and found allot of news on certain movies and one being that Sony has the rights to make a Mario movie. You would think no one in there right mind would ever do that again but thankfully it will be animated.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/adambvary/so...rio-bros-movie

Tell the truth I hope its true a live action Mario movie was always going to be doomed for disaster but animated I think its got some potential. Although if they screw up Nintendo will probraly never trust hollywood with one of there properties again. Also doesn't Sony have the rights for a Sonic movie also? Man I would kill for a team up thats not a ****ing mini game compilation.

It could work as an animated film, As long as they stick to the same art style of the games, And have Charles Martinet as the voice of Mario, Since hes done the voice for all the games.

Candy Kappa 12-12-2014 10:36 AM

I've seen great live-action takes on Mario, so it's not impossible. If fan movies and commercials can make Mario look awesome in real life, surely a Hollywood production could.


Could... Maybe.

Cure 12-12-2014 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerClaw (Post 1391847)
It could work as an animated film, As long as they stick to the same art style of the games, And have Charles Martinet as the voice of Mario, Since hes done the voice for all the games.

That's a terrible idea. His voice gets annoying after screeching one game title so it'll be awful if he had to do an entire movie.

But anyway, they suggested Genndy do it and if he does, it'll be amazing.

Leo656 12-12-2014 12:45 PM

Yeah f*ck Charles Martinet. Sh*t's terrible.

Everybody knows that Mario actually sounds like Capt. Lou after half a carton of Lucky Strikes. F***ing Duh.

CyberCubed 12-12-2014 02:05 PM

I don't understand why they would team up with Sony of all people. Talk about working with your competitor.

Peanut 12-12-2014 02:17 PM

Sony Pictures is not SCE is not Sony Music is not Sony etc. They're all hardly the same company at some point. It's part of the reason they're in so much financial turmoil all the time. There are specific accounts of Sony Music telling other branches of the company to f*ck off when it came to using licensed music! Why do you think Sony Pictures allows franchises they own the rights to, like Spider-Man, or own outright, like Ghostbusters, to be made into third-party video games? It's cause they don't give two f*cks about SCE.

Nintendo making a deal with Sony for movies isn't Nintendo making a deal with Playstation.

TurtleTitan97 12-12-2014 03:12 PM

I've got a bad feeling about this.....

NinjaPug 12-12-2014 08:39 PM

Wish Nintendo would do a Zelda movie instead

snake 12-12-2014 08:43 PM

I don't know if I can stand Mario talking for an entire movie.

Wildcat 12-12-2014 09:51 PM

Ya a live action Mario CAN work. The old one doesn't set the standard for what anyone would do. That's just dumb. It'd be like saying all possible live action Batman movies should have been judged on the old tv series.

If they actually model it on the games it could be awesome. Imagine a Live Action mushroom kingdom and other worlds. It'd could be beautiful.

Darthknuxward 12-12-2014 11:21 PM

This should be... interesting...

BubblyShell22 12-13-2014 08:11 AM

I never liked the live action Mario movie, but I think an animated one could work. Too bad Capt. Lou's not alive because I think he'd be awesome to play Mario. I don't like the video game Mario anymore. In the old days, he never talked in the game, but after they gave him a voice, it's definitely gotten annoying. I wouldn't want that guy to voice Mario.

Peanut 12-13-2014 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 (Post 1392122)
I don't like the video game Mario anymore. In the old days, he never talked in the game, but after they gave him a voice, it's definitely gotten annoying. I wouldn't want that guy to voice Mario.

Lol...what? He almost never speaks in the games. Like...ever.

Whatswiththeheadbands? 12-13-2014 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaPug (Post 1392012)
Wish Nintendo would do a Zelda movie instead

This. Oh yes. A thousand times this

TigerClaw 12-13-2014 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaPug (Post 1392012)
Wish Nintendo would do a Zelda movie instead

I wish they did a Starfox movie too.

CyberCubed 12-13-2014 04:16 PM

I'm surprised they never made a Starfox cartoon. It seems like the perfect Nintendo franchise to turn into a Saturday Morning cartoon show.

Considering Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Kirby, F-zero, Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing all had either cartoon or anime adaptions, I'm surprised Starfox never did.

Davetello 12-13-2014 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whatswiththeheadbands? (Post 1392230)
This. Oh yes. A thousand times this

There's a fantastic Zelda fan film, "The Hero of Time".

TigerClaw 12-13-2014 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1392264)
I'm surprised they never made a Starfox cartoon. It seems like the perfect Nintendo franchise to turn into a Saturday Morning cartoon show.

Considering Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Kirby, F-zero, Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing all had either cartoon or anime adaptions, I'm surprised Starfox never did.

Someone was working on a fanmade Starfox animated series, But Nintendo shut it down.






Leofan26 12-13-2014 05:26 PM

They'd have to get some newbie actors for this if Live action, I don't think any one would be willing to touch this thing after what happened with the last one.

I think Animation would do it more Justice, just get a better voice actor for Mario is all.

If they do live action at least have the princess be Princess Peach this time, I was really disapointed with who they choose not to mention the film was on Luigi. Second film if filmed they could have focused on him but the first flick.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.