The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Comic Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Ask a Question: IDW's TMNT Editor Thread (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=54235)

Mew 07-26-2016 03:45 PM

How do you color your works of art in comics? (For any TMNT staff really)

Bobby Curnow 07-26-2016 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mew (Post 1607510)
How do you color your works of art in comics? (For any TMNT staff really)

Everyone I work with regularly on TMNT colors digitally. Beyond that, you'd have to ask the individual colorists.

Mew 07-26-2016 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow (Post 1607514)
Everyone I work with regularly on TMNT colors digitally. Beyond that, you'd have to ask the individual colorists.

I usually color digital, takes too much time on paper. Thanks!

neatoman 07-27-2016 02:50 PM

So here's a bunch of questions regarding #60:
  1. Is Aka more powerful than Kitsune?
  2. Does Kitsune have allies outside the Foot or is she just going roam around for now?
  3. Any signifigance in Kitsune seemingly being fine with getting the helmet but not the skull?
  4. Has Splinter been watching Hamlet?

Bobby Curnow 07-27-2016 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neatoman (Post 1607852)
So here's a bunch of questions regarding #60:
  1. Is Aka more powerful than Kitsune?
  2. Does Kitsune have allies outside the Foot or is she just going roam around for now?
  3. Any signifigance in Kitsune seemingly being fine with getting the helmet but not the skull?
  4. Has Splinter been watching Hamlet?

1) TBD. But I would imagine over the centuries that the various members of the Pantheon have developed various countermeasures against each other.

2) Kitsune seems like the planning sort, so she probably has some options available to her.

3) I don't think she's fine with just the helmet in the grander scheme of things, just taking a moment to admire the fact that Splinter outwitted her.

4) :tlol:

dawwe 07-31-2016 08:05 AM

Hey Bobby! I'm glad to hear that we will be getting more Santolouco coming up next year. I'm interested in hearing if there is any more Sophie Campbell after the Alopex related issue.

I'm also wondering if we will be seeing any of Ben Bates in 2017 since he is one of my favorite artists working on the TMNT comic. I'm guessing there aren't any plans as of yet but here's to hoping I'm wrong. His work on Bebop and Rocksteady and Turtles in time was fantastic and seeing him doing his own colors was neat too.

turtlefanforever 07-31-2016 03:44 PM

having worked closely on both

Would TMNT vs Godzilla be something that would interest you?

MikeandRaph87 07-31-2016 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow (Post 1607905)
1) TBD. But I would imagine over the centuries that the various members of the Pantheon have developed various countermeasures against each other.

2) Kitsune seems like the planning sort, so she probably has some options available to her.

3) I don't think she's fine with just the helmet in the grander scheme of things, just taking a moment to admire the fact that Splinter outwitted her.

4) :tlol:

Taking off of #3,Splinter gave up Shredder's helmet. Why not have something else in the switch? In the 2003 cartoon Shredder's helmet was a relic to be pieced together to revive the demon version of Shredder. Would that have any influence on IDW if Shredder were to be revived?

neatoman 07-31-2016 04:06 PM

So it seems that Nickelodeon is doing a variation on "Dark Leo", if not they're at least doing Leo in a black mask with additional gear.

The question is, if this really is a variation of the Dark Leo, how do you feel about the stuff you guys make up ending up in a TV show? Hell, what do think even if it turns out to be a coincidence?

http://redworld96.tumblr.com/post/14...promo-directly

Ninjinister 07-31-2016 09:01 PM

What's Baxter's father's name?

Bobby Curnow 07-31-2016 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawwe (Post 1609108)
Hey Bobby! I'm glad to hear that we will be getting more Santolouco coming up next year. I'm interested in hearing if there is any more Sophie Campbell after the Alopex related issue.

I'm also wondering if we will be seeing any of Ben Bates in 2017 since he is one of my favorite artists working on the TMNT comic. I'm guessing there aren't any plans as of yet but here's to hoping I'm wrong. His work on Bebop and Rocksteady and Turtles in time was fantastic and seeing him doing his own colors was neat too.

At this time there's no plans for Sophie and Ben beyond what has been announced. But that could change at any time, both know they are always welcome. They both have busy schedules, but love TMNT. It's just a matter of finding the right time and material.

Bobby Curnow 07-31-2016 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turtlefanforever (Post 1609216)
Would TMNT vs Godzilla be something that would interest you?

You know, I'm not sure. I'm not instantly "seeing it". I'm sure there's cool stories to be told between the two franchises, but it wouldn't be my first choice for either.

But like, if a great TMNT vs Godzilla story suddenly materialized, I would love to read it!

Bobby Curnow 07-31-2016 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 (Post 1609219)
Taking off of #3,Splinter gave up Shredder's helmet. Why not have something else in the switch? In the 2003 cartoon Shredder's helmet was a relic to be pieced together to revive the demon version of Shredder. Would that have any influence on IDW if Shredder were to be revived?

As of right now, the helmet is just a symbolic "F you" to Kitsune.

Bobby Curnow 07-31-2016 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neatoman (Post 1609222)
So it seems that Nickelodeon is doing a variation on "Dark Leo", if not they're at least doing Leo in a black mask with additional gear.

The question is, if this really is a variation of the Dark Leo, how do you feel about the stuff you guys make up ending up in a TV show? Hell, what do think even if it turns out to be a coincidence?

http://redworld96.tumblr.com/post/14...promo-directly

I can't tell much from that clip, but I imagine it's a coincidence, if anything. I don't think it's a Dark Leo storyline, I feel like we would have heard something about that. In which case, hard to form an opinion on something I don't know anything about. *turtle shrug*

Bobby Curnow 07-31-2016 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninjinister (Post 1609315)
What's Baxter's father's name?

I don't believe he was given a name. Just "Baxter's Dad" in the micro script.

Ninjinister 08-01-2016 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow (Post 1609336)
You know, I'm not sure. I'm not instantly "seeing it". I'm sure there's cool stories to be told between the two franchises, but it wouldn't be my first choice for either.

But like, if a great TMNT vs Godzilla story suddenly materialized, I would love to read it!

I buy all of the Godzilla books as well, so I know I'd buy it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow (Post 1609337)
As of right now, the helmet is just a symbolic "F you" to Kitsune.

And a great one it is!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow (Post 1609341)

A bit disappointing that you guys never came up with something, but thank you for answering all the same.

EDIT: Wanted to make it clear that I wasn't disappointed IN you guys, just disappointed that there wasn't a definitive answer.

Nortock Diab 08-01-2016 01:15 AM

New Animated Adventures Omnibus Vol. 1 appears not to include issue #0 from the Free Comic Book Day.
  • Is it the case?
  • Would it be because issue #1 is a reprint of this FCBD edition?

I am looking at this collection because they are a very convenient way to get my hands on the series without tracking every floppies.

Bobby Curnow 08-01-2016 02:41 PM

I'm afraid I don't know off hand. If I come across the answer I'll let you know!

MikeandRaph87 08-01-2016 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow (Post 1609341)

Robert Stockman has a nice ring to it don't you think?

As for giving up the helmet to figuratively state, "f you",to Kitsune I can see. Being ever skeptical I would be weary to give the witch anything she could use.Perhaps I think too much into your scripting.

Bobby Curnow 08-01-2016 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 (Post 1609520)
Robert Stockman has a nice ring to it don't you think?

As for giving up the helmet to figuratively state, "f you",to Kitsune I can see. Being ever skeptical I would be weary to give the witch anything she could use.Perhaps I think too much into your scripting.

Robert Stockman it is!