The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Any characters or concepts from this show you'd like to see a return of? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=63584)

neatoman 01-31-2021 01:56 PM

Any characters or concepts from this show you'd like to see a return of?

So while this show has left a mark on the franchise in general, not everything from it has shown up in different incarnations... Yet...

Out of what this show introduced, is there anything you'd like to see a return of? Now I don't mean things that already have come back like Hun, or stuff that was popularised by it but already existed like the Purple Dragons, I'm talking what was made for this show in particular and hasn't been reused as of yet. Like Quarry for example.

DevilSpooky 01-31-2021 03:11 PM

Touch & Go I believe have lots of potential, and are criminally underused on the show, maybe spice things up and make one of them female, but pick Mr. Touch for that to not be cliche

FredWolfLeonardo 01-31-2021 03:31 PM

I want an animated new adaption of Chrell, in one of the future tmnt cartoons, regardless of whether he adopts the Shredder persona or not. I honestly thought we would get him in the 2012 series during its run.

Ch'rell may be a cliche bad guy, but I absolutely love how his destructive scale has no limits and that he feels straight up no remorse for his actions. Just a monster who is hungry for power and never satisfied.

MikeandRaph87 01-31-2021 04:11 PM

It was used in volume 4 of the Mirage Comics, but never really explored beyond it and its like the blink and you will miss it forgettable tease in IDW 2014 annual, The Battle Nexus is a concept that can be utilized not just in IDW, but beyond it.

Another I can see building upon is The Ninja Tribunal. I am sure it can go in a different direction and even have ties to the Turtles origins in the future iterations or in IDW it can fit in with the Pantheon if it went further in exploring background.

Despite everything Karai, Baxter Stockman( in the future), and Agent Bishop ( in the future) reform. I would like to see a reoccurring threat reform and see some time spent with that character's change.

CyberCubed 01-31-2021 05:22 PM

They already re-used all the big concepts from this series in the following series. Obviously minor side characters like Touch and Go, or Quarry and the other mutants, etc. never got used again, but that's the same for any series. They don't need to re-use every side character.

Powder 01-31-2021 06:14 PM

Just about anyone from Fast Forward, other than Triple Threat. I really liked all of its original characters, villains especially.

sdp 01-31-2021 08:18 PM

I'd like to see ch'rell again.

Teddygaming reviews 02-01-2021 10:15 AM

The dark turtles and Darius Dunn would be the ones I would want to see show up again

MikeandRaph87 02-01-2021 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teddygaming reviews (Post 1878250)
The dark turtles and Darius Dunn would be the ones I would want to see show up again

Have you seen Darius Dunn's two arcs and the sneaky way The Dark Turtles were incorporated in was as The Collectors in TMNT/ Ghostbusters 2?

Teddygaming reviews 02-02-2021 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 (Post 1878252)
Have you seen Darius Dunn's two arcs and the sneaky way The Dark Turtles were incorporated in was as The Collectors in TMNT/ Ghostbusters 2?

yeah but i feel like they were okay representation of the characters but i would have preferred something more like the show.

neatoman 02-02-2021 01:04 PM

Speaking of Darius in IDW, I was wondering if they were gonna make Cody his reincarnation or something.

Icebot 02-02-2021 04:35 PM

I would say Silver Sentry, Notes From The Underground monsters, Jammerhead, Sho’Kanabo.

D-ray 02-05-2021 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilSpooky (Post 1878192)
Touch & Go I believe have lots of potential, and are criminally underused on the show, maybe spice things up and make one of them female, but pick Mr. Touch for that to not be cliche

YES COMRADE! Finally! I'm not the only one!

By the way, apart from Touch and Go, alot of characters would be great to explore.
The Ratman looks kind of stupid at first, but due to the "dark" feeling of the show, it could turn out as a decently creepy or even philosophical character.

Damn, he could even become an ally of the TMNT. Just imagine, a Bishop antagonist and a "good" Bishop fighting side by side with the turtles.

FrederikWolferson 02-27-2021 12:29 PM

Battle Nexus, definitely.

The Turtle Terminator 02-27-2021 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrederikWolferson (Post 1882281)
Battle Nexus, definitely.

I was shocked there was never another tournament (barring Grudge Match). Would’ve been an interesting idea to have an episode set there each season for a battle episode, or even revisiting it in Fast Forward

Prowler 02-27-2021 09:33 PM

Not really, no. Chrell should stick to the 2k3 universe.

No idea if Bishop and Hun have made it to any of the more recent versions, but I don't watch/read them or care to. So I'll act like they haven't.

The Battle Nexus tournament could be interesting, but tbh I never liked the way it ended. Not only Mikey was the one to win it, but he won it with a ridiculous fluke. This was a tournament that had been won by the likes of Splinter and Shredder/Chrell before! Perhaps Hamato Yoshi as well(I don't remember. It's been ages. So sue me.)

Leo656 02-27-2021 09:45 PM

Hun was in the Nicktoon, but he was like a totally different character altogether.

Prowler 02-27-2021 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo656 (Post 1882337)
Hun was in the Nicktoon, but he was like a totally different character altogether.

I've way hex the first 3-4 episodes of the Nicktoon. So I have no idea what he looked like or did there. Nor do I care much since I have no desire to watch the rest of the show.

Pretty much everything that has been done with the TMNT property since the Viacon sale has killed off my interest for it. Bay Turtles being the last straw.

Leo656 02-27-2021 10:04 PM

That's altogether pretty understandable! Some people really like the Nick cartoon, but even at its best it's very, very flawed (I personally don't care for it). And that's the "best" thing we've gotten in a decade. Everything else has been far, far below that. So it's kinda hard to be excited about the future of the brand since Nick has decided to go whole-hog on playing the "It's not for YOU guys anymore" card."

Prowler 02-27-2021 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo656 (Post 1882341)
That's altogether pretty understandable! Some people really like the Nick cartoon, but even at its best it's very, very flawed (I personally don't care for it). And that's the "best" thing we've gotten in a decade. Everything else has been far, far below that. So it's kinda hard to be excited about the future of the brand since Nick has decided to go whole-hog on playing the "It's not for YOU guys anymore" card."

The Bay Turtles pretty much are what convinced me once and for all that TMNT just isn't for me anymore.

So yeah, TMNT to me died with Turtles Forever. I'll just pretend the Viacom/Nick/Paramount stuff never happened. I'll be happier that way.