The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Everything Else (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Star Trek: Lost Universe (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51866)

Desslok 04-23-2015 08:36 PM

Star Trek: Lost Universe

http://static.wixstatic.com/media/c4...0_0.00_jpg_srz

STAR TREK: LOST UNIVERSE
A StarForce Media Audio Drama Series

Hey guys, acting as a representative of StarForce Media I wanted to let you know about our latest audio drama series, Star Trek Lost Universe! Here's the main synopsis:

"The Dominion War is over, the Reman threat to destroy the United Federation of Planets has been foiled, and an uneasy peace between the Romulan Star Empire and the Federation is in place. The next chapter in Federation History begins. The USS Jamestown, an experimental, Nebula Class vessel finds itself trapped in an alternate reality where the Romulan Star Empire has conquered nearly the entire Alpha Quadrant. Without allies and without a place to call home, the Jamestown begins a one-ship-rebellion against the Romulan Star Empire in an attempt to restore what was once a shining light in the Alpha Quadrant."

Created and edited by fan Jeff Lincoln and featuring a cast of talented voice actors, "Lost Universe" offers an exciting and totally new listening experience for all Star Trek fans.

Episodes can be found on both Soundcloud and YouTube.
Series updates and news of upcoming episodes can be obtained by following StarForce Media on Facebook.

Everyone at StarForce Media is excited to share our work with the Star Trek fandom at large and we hope you look forward to enjoying it! As of this posting the series prologue and first two episodes have been released. Episode 3 is currently in production and will be available soon.

After listening, if you like what you've heard, let us know!

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 12-10-2015 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desslok (Post 1448289)
http://static.wixstatic.com/media/c4...0_0.00_jpg_srz

STAR TREK: LOST UNIVERSE
A StarForce Media Audio Drama Series

Hey guys, acting as a representative of StarForce Media I wanted to let you know about our latest audio drama series, Star Trek Lost Universe! Here's the main synopsis:

"The Dominion War is over, the Reman threat to destroy the United Federation of Planets has been foiled, and an uneasy peace between the Romulan Star Empire and the Federation is in place. The next chapter in Federation History begins. The USS Jamestown, an experimental, Nebula Class vessel finds itself trapped in an alternate reality where the Romulan Star Empire has conquered nearly the entire Alpha Quadrant. Without allies and without a place to call home, the Jamestown begins a one-ship-rebellion against the Romulan Star Empire in an attempt to restore what was once a shining light in the Alpha Quadrant."

Created and edited by fan Jeff Lincoln and featuring a cast of talented voice actors, "Lost Universe" offers an exciting and totally new listening experience for all Star Trek fans.

Episodes can be found on both Soundcloud and YouTube.
Series updates and news of upcoming episodes can be obtained by following StarForce Media on Facebook.

Everyone at StarForce Media is excited to share our work with the Star Trek fandom at large and we hope you look forward to enjoying it! As of this posting the series prologue and first two episodes have been released. Episode 3 is currently in production and will be available soon.

After listening, if you like what you've heard, let us know!

How did I miss this!? I know what I'm plugging into my headphones tomorrow...

MsMarvelDuckie 12-11-2015 06:08 PM

Sounds interesting. I've never been much into audio dramas, but first time for everything. Let me know if it's good- I might have to try one!

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 12-11-2015 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie (Post 1527463)
Sounds interesting. I've never been much into audio dramas, but first time for everything. Let me know if it's good- I might have to try one!

Hell, I wrote a few episodes for Star Trek Lost Frontier before it fell into podfade. Had a bunch more scripts that had been approved but not produced... that company was fantastic until it faded.

MsMarvelDuckie 12-11-2015 09:24 PM

Aww, man, that sucks. How did you get into that? I'd love to try my hand. Written a few comic book scripts that never saw the light of day, but that would be fun to work on.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 12-11-2015 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie (Post 1527586)
Aww, man, that sucks. How did you get into that? I'd love to try my hand. Written a few comic book scripts that never saw the light of day, but that would be fun to work on.

I pestered the showrunner/siterunner with questions and ideas until he got sick of me and said, "Why don't you just write an episode then?"

I gave him full outlines for three episodes, all of which he loved. Wrote full scripts from there, plus some more ideas. Had 5 or 6 accepted in total, I think, but only 3 were produced. New people run the show, and they SAY they'll bring it back. Ain't holding my breath, though. Darker Projects has been toast for years. :tsad:

MsMarvelDuckie 12-11-2015 09:59 PM

Interesting. Did you get paid for any of it, or was it just "for fun" (aka non-paying work).