The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Toys and Collectibles (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Any Star Wars collectors? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=42729)

barbecue17 11-04-2013 07:35 AM

I just got the series 2 Han Solo from Star Wars Black and finished my review of him: here's the link-http://www.thepicreview.com/2013/11/...from-star.html

He's pretty cool and allows you to create a few major Han Solo looks. Not a bad Ford likeness, either.

Brodie 11-04-2013 08:04 AM

Has Series 2 started to hit retail yet?

lango7 11-07-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brodie (Post 1174272)
Has Series 2 started to hit retail yet?

I think they will hit retail around 11/22. That is when they should be poping up on TRU, Amazon and other online sites. I know some sites have them up early but the wide release is late November. Amazon has Boba Fett for 44, but theat price should come down to 19 once the wide release hits. Happy hunting.

Butuking 11-07-2013 10:42 PM

Can't wait to get my hands on slave leia!

Zulithe 11-10-2013 06:02 AM

Saw a bunch of series 2 at my local comic shop yesterday! Well, except Boba Fett, someone snapped him up, can't say I blame them.

I passed though, got my order in with amazon (for all 4), so I'll just wait

Zulithe 11-13-2013 05:52 AM

Heads up... amazon is preparing my 6" Black series 2 for shipment! If you ordered any, expect them soon!

miru 11-25-2013 10:04 AM

I wonder what characters they still haven't done as toys?

sdp 12-01-2013 11:38 AM

I used to collect the Mighty Max rip-off pocket SW toys as a kid and loved them. It wasn't until a few years ago when I started collecting 3 3/4 figures in general that I decided to get the iconic characters in this scale. I got quite a few figures around 20 but still missing plenty of main characters and I realized I don't have the space or care to have them all. I think I will only get my top favorite characters in the new 6" Black line and i'll be very selective, I think I'd only get Chewbacca, Boba Fett, a Storm Trooper, Darth Vader at least from the top of my head. There's other characters I'm unsure if I'd get like Darth Maul, Jango Fett, the droids, maybe a main character but I'm really unsure how deep I want to get into the line.

I do own the huge Millennium Falcon and AT-AT they released a few years ago, I love them but boy do they take up a lot of space. I plan to get rid of my 3 3/4 figures but I'm not sure about getting rid of those two ships I own.

Zulithe 12-03-2013 03:55 AM

black series 3 on pre-order on BBTS and others. Hoping amazon lists them soon...

Disappointed that there's only 2 figures in the wave I really want: Bespin luke and RotS Obi Wan. The other two are less exciting, at least to me. One is the same figure as Wave 2's Han Solo (wtf?), and the fourth is a Storm Trooper, which looks like they just altered the Sand Trooper a bit -- which of course makes sense but still, it's barely any different so not that interesting to me.

Hope wave 4 is a lot better. There are many figs on my wishlist but I'd like to get Vader and C-3PO, not because I particularly like 3PO, but since we already have R2 it would be nice to have the pair.

blindturtle02 12-06-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp (Post 1184474)
I used to collect the Mighty Max rip-off pocket SW toys as a kid and loved them. It wasn't until a few years ago when I started collecting 3 3/4 figures in general that I decided to get the iconic characters in this scale. I got quite a few figures around 20 but still missing plenty of main characters and I realized I don't have the space or care to have them all. I think I will only get my top favorite characters in the new 6" Black line and i'll be very selective, I think I'd only get Chewbacca, Boba Fett, a Storm Trooper, Darth Vader at least from the top of my head. There's other characters I'm unsure if I'd get like Darth Maul, Jango Fett, the droids, maybe a main character but I'm really unsure how deep I want to get into the line.

I do own the huge Millennium Falcon and AT-AT they released a few years ago, I love them but boy do they take up a lot of space. I plan to get rid of my 3 3/4 figures but I'm not sure about getting rid of those two ships I own.

I love my huge Falcon and 2010 AT-AT! But I haven't exactly been able to unbox them yet because I don't have that much space right now. They should consider doing a bigger version of the Lambda-class shuttle from Jedi some day. Haven't really collected anything lately since I'm saving all my cash for toys from the upcoming movies and hopefully some Star Wars Rebels ships.

oldmanwinters 12-06-2013 03:38 PM

Could somebody give me a general height comparison between the average Kenner Star Wars figure and a Playmates TMNT figure? I'd appreciate it!

Zulithe 12-06-2013 04:45 PM

Find it so funny the sitatuion with these figures right now.

You go on amazon you'll find EVERY current black series figure at a big discount. Some 50% or more off. Except Boba Fett. He's never in stock and you can only find him for $30 or $40 dollars.

Glad I pre-ordered I guess...

NightwatchersOnlygirl 01-04-2014 11:35 AM

I hope the biker scout and speeder bike comes to the U.K shops too

Seeks 01-04-2014 11:43 AM

I got some of my old Star Wars figures out earlier today. Brought back some good memories. :)

Digital Ghost 01-04-2014 12:08 PM

I've been very picky with this line so far... Amazon.com had a few on sale during boxing week as well.

I've managed to find two Boba's... one, hidden away in an employee's personal stash at TRU. (I'm assuming , as it was hidden away above the shelf.)

And the second was at Target, caught them as they were being put out. There was only one though and about 4 each of the others.

Some of 'em look great and the others, not so much.
I'm looking forward to further waves though.

snake 01-04-2014 02:33 PM

Series two hit my k-mart, every figure except Boba Fett.

Zulithe 01-04-2014 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snakeweed101 (Post 1193243)
Series two hit my k-mart, every figure except Boba Fett.

yeah he's remaining hard to find. feel bad for anyone who didn't get him already!

snake 01-07-2014 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zulithe (Post 1193327)
yeah he's remaining hard to find. feel bad for anyone who didn't get him already!

Amazon had him for Pre-order for 19.99, I wish I bought it :ohwell:. Although I shouldn't trust them after what they did to my Mara Jade figure.

Zulithe 01-08-2014 01:52 PM

Went to target hunting for marvel legends... saw a bunch of 6" black. mostly leia and greedo. Saw about 30 figures, no boba fett! I already have one but probably would have snagged a 2nd if I saw it.

blindturtle02 01-08-2014 02:07 PM

So it's 2014 and I'm eagerly awaiting revelations regarding new toys for this year. Hoping for some new unreleased or revamped vehicles. A new Imperial Troop Transport from Star Wars: Rebels would be nice.