The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Toy/Collectible Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Mondo Sixth Scale Mirage TMNT Figures (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=52624)

Discogod 07-01-2015 10:04 AM

Mondo Sixth Scale Mirage TMNT Figures

http://toybox.io9.com/mondo-is-makin...rtl-1715132916

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/...5936507684.jpg

Thoughts? Looks like a great sculpt, although I'd like to see a little more artic - double elbows, rocker ankles, toe/mid-foot hinges etc. But to me it looks too similar to the NECA figure, and whilst it'd be cool to have the Turtles in 12", space and cost concerns (probably $100+) means it's a likely pass.

turtlefanforever 07-01-2015 10:06 AM

Badass

If i had the money i'd buy it. But like you said, i would like to have a lower price point. Same reason i passed on the Krang.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 07-01-2015 10:08 AM

That looks REALLY good.

Ballpark, how much can we expect that to cost?

Panda Khan 07-01-2015 10:13 AM

Not sold in sets + B&W variants x Mondo shipping = $$$$$

Powder 07-01-2015 10:25 AM

If nothing else, I'd love to just get Leonardo. I like the scale, though it's a bit of an odd decision, I guess. Either way, we've never had big ass Mirage figures, so it appeals to me. Cool to see they come with alternate heads, though I doubt I'd use them much, if ever. I look forward to seeing the other brothers. If they can be more distinct than NECA's, I may be convinced to get the full set somehow (if only as smaller figures, assuming they're still doing those).

Metalhead 2.0 07-01-2015 10:28 AM

These are being discussed in the SDCC thread since they're exclusives. Other sites are reporting that one of the accessories is a blue mask. Toybox is the first to say it's actually an alternate head. Guess we'll see. Can't wait to see the other turtles.

Redrumh2o 07-01-2015 10:48 AM

From MondoNews Twitter feed.....the Leo will be on display only at SDCC....pre-orders up at a later date

Everyone can relax now....not an SDCC exclusive.....and I guess that means this thread can stay to discuss the line :roll:

Antrax 07-01-2015 11:01 AM

Perfect. I was trying to convince myself that I didn't want the blue bandanna or accessories that might have been exclusive for SDCC.
They did a Deluxe Limited Edition of the first turtle though. Do they have text/email alerts for when it goes on sale or should I just make a twitter account?

Redrumh2o 07-01-2015 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antrax (Post 1478034)
Perfect. I was trying to convince myself that I didn't want the blue bandanna or accessories that might have been exclusive for SDCC.
They did a Deluxe Limited Edition of the first turtle though. Do they have text/email alerts for when it goes on sale or should I just make a twitter account?

Just check this link daily. I don't think you need an account to read their feed.

https://twitter.com/mondonews

Candy Kappa 07-01-2015 11:17 AM

He's pretty neat looking now that we can see the figure painted and in a full body photo. I think he's different enough compared to NECA's version as his proportions are Different. Don't like the look of the swords though, and not so big on the 1/6th scale.

plastroncafe 07-01-2015 11:41 AM

Oh holy hell that's pretty.
I can't wait to see them, but...dang I just don't have the room for them.

super curry max 07-01-2015 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redrumh2o (Post 1478027)
From MondoNews Twitter feed.....the Leo will be on display only at SDCC....pre-orders up at a later date

Everyone can relax now....not an SDCC exclusive.....and I guess that means this thread can stay to discuss the line :roll:

cant relax gotta work more hours because these will probably be in the $150-200 range no question.

Panda Khan 07-01-2015 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by super curry max (Post 1478064)
cant relax gotta work more hours because these will probably be in the $150-200 range no question.

I'm guessing that too with Mondo's brand and the few 1/6 figures I've gotten from Sideshow being in the $200 range.

ctt4lfecw 07-01-2015 12:20 PM

If it means we get mirage shredder from these guys count me in. Hope it won't be like neca where they cancel him.

TheMasterTurtle 07-01-2015 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panda Khan (Post 1478069)
I'm guessing that too with Mondo's brand and the few 1/6 figures I've gotten from Sideshow being in the $200 range.

I'm hoping for that but actually fear they'll be even more because of it being Mondo

Powder 07-01-2015 12:40 PM

At any price tag even remotely like that, I'm gonna have to wipe my memory banks of these altogether. :tlol:

If they do some 5-6 inch ones that'd run cheaper, on the other hand...

Reigner 07-01-2015 12:47 PM

Welp I have rewards points at Sideshow that'll make the first one they release about $80 at most.

The rest, will be on Sideshow flexpay, so a 50-70 monthly payment for the lifespan of these four figures wont be terrible.

HotJuicyBurgers 07-01-2015 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reigner (Post 1478079)
Welp I have rewards points at Sideshow that'll make the first one they release about $80 at most.

The rest, will be on Sideshow flexpay, so a 50-70 monthly payment for the lifespan of these four figures wont be terrible.

These will probably be sold pretty exclusively at mondo's site

VaughnMichael 07-01-2015 01:21 PM

Nice looking figure and even though it's slightly closer to Eastmans style than Lairds like the NECA figures I'm going to have to pass simply based on the scale and the high cost.

Panda Khan 07-01-2015 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reigner (Post 1478079)

If you are going based on my comment about Sideshow, I was just making a comparison with their 1/6 figure price range to what these might go for. These will probably be online only on Mondo's site with maybe a possible variant like the B&W First Turtle and Hellboy. Although you might get lucky because I did see the Mondo Iron Giant on Sideshow but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

The Boston Ninja Turtle 07-01-2015 01:40 PM

that is beautiful...may have to be an irresponsible adult for these

Metalhead 2.0 07-01-2015 01:40 PM

Earlier USA Today and ToyArk were reporting that one of the included accessories was an alternate blue mask which led me to believe the masks were somehow interchangeable.

Then Toybox stated that it was an alternate head for the blue mask.

Now the MondoTees site is saying that you have a choice of the blue mask or red mask which makes it sound like an either-or-not-both situation:
"Standing approximately 11 inches in height, and featuring 25+ points of articulation, Leonardo includes interchangeable hands, multiple accessories, and a choice of the classic red mask from the comics, or the famous blue mask from the cartoon series!"

If you "View Image" on the ToyArk site and zoom in, it does appear as though the mask could possibly be removable.
Link to large pic here.

Eager to find out the real deal.

zaktheneutrino 07-01-2015 01:43 PM

I stumbled across this figure on twitter and love the way it looks! Definitely similar to the Neca figs but it's got enough uniqueness to satisfy me. $100 or under and I'll buy all four turtles!

Would love to have a Shredder too as others have mentioned. Be nice having a high end line, especially when it's based off of the Mirage designs.

tmntfanuk 07-01-2015 01:48 PM

I like! But dont have the room. Wish they were 6"...

vaizardv 07-01-2015 01:59 PM

based on the shipping rates they charged us for the first turtles, even if the figs are $100, we would end up paying $50 for shipping each! :teek:

TheBlueTurtle1 07-01-2015 02:13 PM

I really want this, I hope we see more, and hopefully the other 3 bros!

TheMasterTurtle 07-01-2015 02:34 PM

Its nice. Overall I'm satisfied with the Playmates statues at this scale and representation of the turtles.

Depending on price, one thing Id consider buying this for would be to build a wall display and recreate the first cover

Commenter 42 07-01-2015 02:39 PM

This is a must have.

Would be cool if they went with their actual heights (10 inch figure instead of 11).

I prefer 1/6th scale. Hope they go the distance on this.

Chris 07-01-2015 04:37 PM

So glad I didn't pull the trigger on the TreeZero movie versions as these are almost definitely must haves! The only thing that makes me nervous is the Mondo mark up, personally I don't think these should cost as much as Hot Toys traditionally do in this scale but I'm fearful they will. At $100 I'd be in for the long haul, TMNT, allies, enemies, the works. At the current Hot Toys toys pricing of $200 a piece I may have to reconsider getting any. I'd love to think at that price I'd jut get Leo but I know if I get 1 Turtle I'll get them all and if that's an $800 commitment (plus shipping and all the related import costs to the UK) I'm not sure I could justify it.

METALHEAD 07-01-2015 04:51 PM

http://31.media.tumblr.com/ccdb20855...no2_r1_400.gif

TheMasterTurtle 07-01-2015 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 1478184)
So glad I didn't pull the trigger on the TreeZero movie versions as these are almost definitely must haves! The only thing that makes me nervous is the Mondo mark up, personally I don't think these should cost as much as Hot Toys traditionally do in this scale but I'm fearful they will. At $100 I'd be in for the long haul, TMNT, allies, enemies, the works. At the current Hot Toys toys pricing of $200 a piece I may have to reconsider getting any. I'd love to think at that price I'd jut get Leo but I know if I get 1 Turtle I'll get them all and if that's an $800 commitment (plus shipping and all the related import costs to the UK) I'm not sure I could justify it.

Well some of the HT are $200 but some have reached much higher. Just as a quick example the Marty McFly was $250. The prices all around the 1:6 scale have increased.

Mew 07-01-2015 05:17 PM

I NEED THIS. Looks so freakin good.

Chris 07-01-2015 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMasterTurtle (Post 1478194)
Well some of the HT are $200 but some have reached much higher. Just as a quick example the Marty McFly was $250. The prices all around the 1:6 scale have increased.

Yeah, I was just using it as a base line. 1/6 prices have gone crazy over the last few years. The problem is most companies now are charging Hot Toys prices but haven't reached the same level of quality (case in point I love Sideshow but their DC line Superman cost more than Hot Toys MOS Superman and their X-Wing Luke was only just cheaper than HT's Chewbacca!)

I'm hoping these will be less as they look to be fully sculpted/all plastic, there's doesn't look to be any material parts (like belt and bandana). It works fine for the guys themselves but I'll be interested to see how it looks when they get to the human characters in this scale.

Redemption 07-01-2015 05:58 PM

Are they up for preorder yet?

TheMasterTurtle 07-01-2015 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 1478202)
Yeah, I was just using it as a base line. 1/6 prices have gone crazy over the last few years. The problem is most companies now are charging Hot Toys prices but haven't reached the same level of quality (case in point I love Sideshow but their DC line Superman cost more than Hot Toys MOS Superman and their X-Wing Luke was only just cheaper than HT's Chewbacca!)

I'm hoping these will be less as they look to be fully sculpted/all plastic, there's doesn't look to be any material parts (like belt and bandana). It works fine for the guys themselves but I'll be interested to see how it looks when they get to the human characters in this scale.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redemption (Post 1478203)
Are they up for preorder yet?

Yup that's for sure. Sideshow for sure doesn't match the HT quality. Snake Plisskin proves that to me as well as some upcoming figures from them I'm worried about.

No preorder yet... I'd expect right after SDCC

cloud 07-01-2015 11:49 PM

I'm guessing the "one sixth" scale decision has something to do with Playmates having the master license of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles toys.

ProactiveMan 07-02-2015 03:05 AM

It looks ace, but I don't think I'll be able to swallow the cost. I would have bought the First Turtle, but it cost way too much to ship to me. Maybe...

DVD 07-02-2015 03:08 AM

This looks as good as, maybe even better than Neca. I like the 1:6 scale and look forward to a set being released ,

Redrumh2o 07-02-2015 08:13 AM

It depends if the sculpts are different for me.....maybe I'll get one.....but I'm pretty happy with my sideshow statues being my main display.

I would say if you don't have the sideshow or playmates statues go for these if you can...they will most likely go up in value over the years

NeutrinoStylist 07-02-2015 09:54 AM

This is exactly the Leonardo I've always wanted, complete with the chest straps and slightly less pronounced beak. The interchangeable masks/heads are the icing on the cake.

While I do wish it were in six inch scale, I'm going to have to figure out how to get at least the Leo.