The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Custom Toys/Collectibles (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Geek Creek TMNT Kitbashes and Photos (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=48886)

Monte Williams 09-19-2014 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huzzah (Post 1351783)
Is that a Warrior of Virtue conversing with Leo?

'Tis indeed! I have never seen the movie, but I've always been curious about it and eager to photograph some of the toys, two of which I scored in the same trade that brought two Nick sewers to my doorstep.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davinci71 (Post 1351524)
Monte, I would be interested in seeing that. Do you have a link? Thanks

I can't link to it, 'cause it was on Facebook, a place I mostly hate for precisely that reason; it's counterintuitive to navigate and impossible to utilize as an archive. I started threads on forums and I can retrieve them in three seconds with a google search even if they're years old, but if I share a photo in a Facebook group tonight I'll waste tons of time trying to find it next week. Unfortunately, particularly where G.I. Joe is concerned, all the discussion seems to be gravitating towards Facebook.

Anyhoo, such is my selfless dedication and heroism that I downloaded the photo for you. Thank me with cash.

As far as I'm concerned the talented bastard owes me the cost of a sewer or two, 'cause I was mostly content with keeping mine as-is until I saw this!

raven6859 09-19-2014 05:53 PM

Damn that looks amazing

Huzzah 09-19-2014 10:44 PM

That is impressive. By the by, Warriors of Virtue is not a particularly good film... though if I recall, there were some neat fight scenes with the Roos.

Monte Williams 09-20-2014 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huzzah (Post 1351954)
That is impressive. By the by, Warriors of Virtue is not a particularly good film... though if I recall, there were some neat fight scenes with the Roos.

Yeah, if I haven't seen it by now I'm sure I never will. I thought it seemed interesting, but I'm sure I'm not missing much. I just recently learned that the Roos were reused from Tank Girl.

Also, here's another agonizingly awesome repaint:

Huzzah 09-20-2014 09:15 AM

That is an awesome Pizza-Rama paint job.

Monte Williams 09-25-2014 10:11 PM

Muckman and his McFarlane counterpart:

Repainted Classics Bebop and Rocksteady are in hand. Hoping to photograph them on Saturday!

notorious 09-26-2014 06:17 AM

wow u have put togather sumthing really kewl here how big is the lair set up looks amazing love all the gear u have sweet paints on all also great use of the spawn mcfarlene figs lookin forward to see how all these progress

Monte Williams 09-30-2014 10:00 PM

Thank you, notorious, for the kind words. No exact answer re: the size of the sewer at the moment, but I can say I opened the second sewer I received in the trade, and now they're side by side and my toy room is a disaster! :)

Meanwhile...

Heymilt has outdone himself! And this is to say nothing of all the awesome extras he threw in, like the gerry can and Rocksteady's gun in that last portrait and a bunch of things I haven't even photographed yet.

Thanks, also, to my friend Ciarda, who found some affordable Classics figures in Ireland and shipped them directly to heymilt for me.

Meanwhile, last night I received three vehicles from the 2003 series, so it's a safe bet that there will be more photos soon.

Thanks for checking out Bebop and Rocksteady, folks!

mikeyatemypizza 10-03-2014 02:38 PM

How does a toy factory fudge up something as simple as legs?
Switched mine around, and must say that those were two of the most stubborn pegs I have ever dealt with.
Had to laugh. Not only were the calves on backwards but on the wrong legs to boot.

Monte Williams 10-13-2014 11:07 PM

I scored some Mousers in a trade.

I'm a bit meh about them, and I'm glad I found that out in a small-scale fashion, 'cause I missed out on an overseas auction for, like, hundreds of Mousers. I was all butthurt about it, 'cause I'd planned to put together a massive invasion for a photo shoot... but now that I have seven or eight of the little buggers, I don't particularly like their insubstantiality or the way they pose, so that's a bullet dodged, then.

Still, I like that photo. I reckon it's surveillance footage from some Technodrome security feed.

Meanwhile, Rocksteady gets a workout, and Donatello recruits a Turkish electronics mascot to serve as Metalhead 2.0:

Newton Gimmick 10-16-2014 05:01 AM

Turkish Robot should be Fugitoid... Just sayin. Thanks for the plug/love.

Monte Williams 01-29-2015 09:29 PM

Wow. I haven't updated this thread since October!

Aaaand I never bought any paint, and my Nickelodeon sewer has been in my daughter's room for a month. I still hope to start practicing with paint someday, but the problem is that I never want to spend money on it because there are always tons of toys I'd rather buy! However, making my way through this thread again reactivated my interest somewhat, so we'll see...

Anyhoo, I happen to have captured a few Turtle portraits since my last update:

Thanks for checking 'em out!

Huzzah 01-30-2015 01:51 AM

I can relate to not wanting to buy paints. I have to force myself to but me ones.

Raptor86 01-30-2015 02:57 AM

Amazing. These street shots are simply beautiful!

Monte Williams 01-31-2015 11:33 AM

Thank you, Raptor!

connor_obain 02-08-2015 04:37 AM

great pix as always :)

Monte Williams 02-08-2015 07:00 PM

Thanks, Connor!

Monte Williams 05-03-2015 11:59 AM

3A's breathtaking Donatello reminded me how much I like the hectic, busy design of the Michael Bay Don (none of the other Turtle designs did much for me), so I added a bunch of gear to my Nick Don to emulate that look:

Monte Williams 05-03-2015 01:22 PM

(Deleted from Flickr)

connor_obain 05-04-2015 04:12 AM

Really like what you have done with Don there, (as much as i hate to admit it) taking inspiration from the movie Don there works.

Hoping to see more of Leo with the jungle kit :)