The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Video Game Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Turtles in Time Re-Shelled (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=27085)

Vegita-San 04-25-2009 08:30 PM

Turtles in Time Re-Shelled

I wish I had more followers on the website, otherwise I'd post this there.

Seems as if there is a BRAND NEW GAME that no one has heard about touring with the Turtle Bus. It was not on display at the TMNT 25 event Thursday and is NOT the Smashup Game we all know.

Apparently, it's more like Turtles in Time with actual levels, AND based on the old school moves at least. The Foot Soldiers are Robots, and Tokka and Rhazar are in it.

And apparently Toys R Us NY put out the Season 7 DVD's on sale by mistake. I'm trying to get a review on the uncut status of the European eps as well as the two missing episodes. But they where only able to grab two of the 'slices' they where put out by mistake and two where marked as not for sale...

Was anyone else lucky enough to grab em?

gobo 04-25-2009 08:53 PM

I honestly don't expect any news at all on the two missing eps, but that's really exciting about the 'other' videogame... :thyper:

Deathknight 04-26-2009 05:28 PM

Checked ebay, nobody is shipping them early. They'd better be uncut or I'm going to be really pissed

LeoNerdo 04-30-2009 12:59 AM

This interests me! Does anybody know anything else about this NEW game like if it's being published on any game platforms or if it's just something that's touring with the bus? I've seen 2 photos that someone added to an album on the TMNT25 facebook page (that i assume is not Smash-Up) and from what I can gather it does indeed look similar to Turtles in Time or the Arcade Game but with 3d sprites and backgrounds and such.

Ninjinister 04-30-2009 07:32 AM

If this fabled game did exist, and I didn't already own the console it's coming to, I'd totally buy it just for this game.

LeoNerdo: Would you mind posting those photos here for those of us who don't use FaceBook?

Spitfire 04-30-2009 08:00 AM

And your sure this new game just isn't "Turtles In Time" for the Wii virtual console or the arcade version for XBL?

Ninjinister 04-30-2009 08:16 AM

Vegeta-san's site says:

Quote:

I've been told the images on the screen are Leonardo fighting some Rock Soldiers. The Images and backgrounds are completely wide screen and rendered in 3D....No word on the sound track, as the user was concentrated on talking to staff about the game.....
Somebody needs to post this shiz. I'm not getting a FaceBook account just to look at a couple o' pictures.

EDIT: Then again, this is in the post below it:

Quote:

I've been told by Dan Burger and Gary Richardson, official dudes in charge at Mirage, that the game spotted on the Turtle bus IS Turtles in time. Apparently from what I've been hearing from folks who've actually played the game.....

'The designs have been changed'.

1984 04-30-2009 08:58 AM

I REALLY hope this is coming to wii virtual console, or at least xbox live. An upgraded set of visuals would absolutely make this perfect. Ill be keeping my fingers crossed. Thank you for the news!

Roseangelo 04-30-2009 09:17 AM

I pics I saw on Facebook look to be Turtles in Time updated to modern graphics.

Ninjinister 04-30-2009 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roseangelo (Post 688648)

Any chance you can share these with the rest of us?

Blade Raider 04-30-2009 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Ninjinister (Post 688650)
Any chance you can share these with the rest of us?

Please Roseangelo? Pretty please?

I'm with Ninjinister and don't want a FaceBook account and I'm sure at least half of this board feels the same way.

sdp 04-30-2009 10:09 AM

I was going to do it but the pictures are a blurry mess, its not worth the trouble of saving and uploading them.

It does seem like an enhanced remake graphically but only slightly and I think I did see an XBL icon. I don't think it could come to Wii but who knows with the new Wii Arcade added to the Virtual ocnsole it could.

Blade Raider 04-30-2009 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp (Post 688656)
I was going to do it but the pictures are a blurry mess, its not worth the trouble of saving and uploading them.

I don't care if their blurry, I'm just looking for proof other than word of mouth that it exists.

EDIT: Btw, if it's a 3D upgrade of the original, it'd be released on the Wii as Wiiware. Megaman 9 was released that way and it's on all 3 consoles.

1984 04-30-2009 10:33 AM

I tried to sharpen the picture and upped the brightness/contrast.

here

Blade Raider 04-30-2009 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1984 (Post 688660)
I tried to sharpen the picture and upped the brightness/contrast.

here

You just made day! Thank you so very much :D

This confirms it's 3D (ooo...shadows), that it's TiT (The pirate ship), and that everyone in this thread are right (not that I doubted you guys, I just wanted some pudding :P)

On a side note, shouldn't this thread be in the Video Game section? Well, I guess it works here too.

Ninjinister 04-30-2009 10:52 AM

Looks like I'm gettin' a 360.

Vegita-San 04-30-2009 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Ninjinister (Post 688636)
If this fabled game did exist, and I didn't already own the console it's coming to, I'd totally buy it just for this game.

LeoNerdo: Would you mind posting those photos here for those of us who don't use FaceBook?

Already up on www.heroesinashalfshell.org

I bought it just for the Ghostbusters Game. But the original arcade, and now this is a good incentive. Not to mention the fact that I can FINALLY play all those Star Wars games that never came to the Nintendo like Knights of the Old Republic...

Ninjinister 04-30-2009 11:49 AM

Your site's not resolving, O Prince of Saiyajin.

Vegita-San 04-30-2009 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roseangelo (Post 688648)

Just in case no one visits the website, I'll re-iterate it here. All graphics are 100% 3D, wide screen, and probably HD. We didn't get a report on music or voice track, though as they where too busy talking to the bus crew while playing...

Vegita-San 04-30-2009 11:53 AM

http://www.heroesinahalfshell.org/

Sigh...Crummy keyboard. In this new location, the USB Receiver is too close to the keyboard and at the wrong angle....Sometimes keys just don't 'register'...will have to fixthat...