The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Comic Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   September 2019 Solicitations (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=61512)

bushido 06-15-2019 06:42 AM

September 2019 Solicitations

BATMAN/ TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES III #5

written by JAMES TYNION IV
art and cover by FREDDIE E. WILLIAMS II
variant cover by FREDDIE E. WILLIAMS II and KEVIN EASTMAN

Batman and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles think they’ve figured out how to tear apart Krang’s Combined Multiverse and restore their reality. But Krang has planned this moment for years. With his robot army, he’s ready to destroy them all. And if Batman can’t remember the last missing piece in his life, there may be no hope left!

ON SALE 09.04.19
$3.99 US | 5 OF 6 | 32 PAGES

IDW solicitations soon.

oldmanwinters 06-15-2019 08:08 AM

"if Batman can’t remember the last missing piece in his life, there may be no hope left!"

Selina Kyle? :tlol:

Igglet 06-15-2019 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 1809533)
"if Batman can’t remember the last missing piece in his life, there may be no hope left!

Selina Kyle? :tlol:

That's actually a really good guess.

ProphetofGanja 06-16-2019 05:14 AM

I wonder if we will see who the Justice League were mashed up with in this amalgamated universe

AlZarkovski 06-21-2019 03:25 AM

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #98

Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman (w) • Michael Dialynas (a) • Dave Wachter (c)

“City at War,” Part 6. As power in New York City’s underworld is consolidated, the populace goes to the polls to potentially elect Baxter Stockman as Mayor. A devastating act will change the city forever, and Raphael must choose which side he’s on!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

TMNT: Urban Legends #17

Gary Carlson (w) • Frank Fosco (a & c)

After a bloody run-in with a group of wannabe-heroes combing the sewers for giant alligators, Leonardo tries to make sense of it all—the Turtles cleared out all the gators when they were kids! Well… except for one. And all signs point to the return of an old nemesis: Leatherhead!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

TMNT: Rise of the TMNT: Sound Off! #3 (of 3)

Matthew K. Manning (w) • Chad Thomas (a & c)

The TMNT will have to use all of their cunning and skills to best their new adversaries! But victory will all depend on April finding her voice before it’s too late!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

TMNT: The Ultimate Collection, Vol. 4

Kevin Eastman, Peter Laird (w) • Kevin Eastman, Peter Laird, Jim Lawson (a) • Kevin Eastman (c)

Take a thorough look back at the TMNT’s comic book origins. Plus, insightful annotations from co-creators Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird.

Rediscover the underground roots of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, with this special collection of Mirage Studios’ issues #48–55 including the start of a major Turtles storyline. Beginning with the two-part “Shades of Gray,” get ready as the multi-part “City at War” explodes onto the comics page! With over 250 pages of mutated martial arts action, along with annotations following each issue, this volume is perfect for fans to relive the glorious days of the Turtles’ origins as well as an excellent place for new readers to see where the TMNT phenomenon began.

TPB • B&W • $29.99 • 256 pages • 7-5/8” x 11” • ISBN: 978-1-68405-570-8

neatoman 06-21-2019 05:18 AM

I find it funny how the paperback versions of UC are coming out faster than volume 7. (Not really though, I understand the cold feet IDW might have about releasing an artbook as part of trade series.)

Utrommaniac 06-21-2019 06:40 AM

"An x will change y forever"

I'll be surprised if it actually does come out more promising; they've had a tendency to oversell the summaries. It's excusable, though.

Igglet 06-21-2019 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utrommaniac (Post 1810002)
"An x will change y forever"

I'll be surprised if it actually does come out more promising; they've had a tendency to oversell the summaries. It's excusable, though.

This is #98, though, so I'd actually say there's some truth to this.

Utrommaniac 06-21-2019 07:28 AM

Yeah, that too

The Fifth Turtle 06-21-2019 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neatoman (Post 1809999)
I find it funny how the paperback versions of UC are coming out faster than volume 7. (Not really though, I understand the cold feet IDW might have about releasing an artbook as part of trade series.)

I’d rather them focus on collecting other comics/ finishing started volumes. (Like the unfinished Tales volume they started and PL’s volume 4.)

ChosenOne 06-21-2019 08:05 AM

That cover for #98 looks more like a legacy cover than the actual cover.

My guess is, Hob is going after Stockman. Or maybe his opponent(s) in the election, for reasons.

MikeandRaph87 06-21-2019 08:35 AM

I find it interesting that Michelangelo is on the cover of #98 when "Raphael decides which side he is on". Also, it appears Baxter Stockman becomes mayor of New York City at the end of #98. "Devastating act" reads like an oversell to me as well. Hob kills Baxter's political opponent and Raphael walks away from Hob?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 06-21-2019 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChosenOne (Post 1810008)
That cover for #98 looks more like a legacy cover than the actual cover.

My guess is, Hob is going after Stockman. Or maybe his opponent(s) in the election, for reasons.

I like that second theory a lot.

And I'm loving the Stockman for mayor stuff. Stockman for PRESIDENT!!!

ChosenOne 06-21-2019 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 (Post 1810009)
I find it interesting that Michelangelo is on the cover of #98 when "Raphael decides which side he is on".

Probably a legacy cover for the time Mikey hung out with the Mutanimals. Notice the absence of CITY AT WAR on it, like every other cover has had. And Slash is still alive, and they're all together... Yeah. Legacy cover. What I can't figure out is why Hob and the others at the back are colored differently.

neatoman 06-21-2019 10:43 AM

I didn't notice this before but there's no mini-series included for September.

Sharman 06-21-2019 02:30 PM

Mikey's looking a bit Mummy-ish here

hypered1 06-21-2019 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neatoman (Post 1810026)
I didn't notice this before but there's no mini-series included for September.

Well hopefully Shredder in Hell will be finished by then!

CyberCubed 06-21-2019 04:01 PM

Sounds like Hob may actually try to assassinate Baxter.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 06-21-2019 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1810068)
Sounds like Hob may actually try to assassinate Baxter.

Can't blame him if he does. Stockman did some pretty terrible $hit to Hob.

Utrommaniac 06-21-2019 08:20 PM

Ahh sh*t, when the story's run so long, you completely forget about that :o !

Could be the very force that brings mutants to the public eye too.