The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Toy/Collectible Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Super 7 Turtle figures shown at Power Con (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=61758)

JonesyKitty 09-01-2019 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey0 (Post 1817909)
So these are Super7 and NECA positivity threads? There is not any criticism allowed?

Criticism is fine, but seriously dude, you've been doing nothing but blasting all the threads with the same "its not perfect, they need to cancel these" bull****. It gets old and is extremely frustrating going through pages and pages of the same comments in several threads just to find actual images and updates. Maybe you should just start a seperate thread for that. Not sure if that would really do any good but still, an idea.

xZAOx 09-01-2019 06:12 PM

Just put him on ignore if it's annoying you.

Btown 09-01-2019 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey0 (Post 1817901)
I don’t see what is so great about many of these 21st century Turtles collectibles. What are the toy makers trying to accomplish with these? Why isn’t much work put into them?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey0 (Post 1817908)
I’m a 20th century toy fan.

I’d venture to say that being in this section of the forum isn’t for you then. Your unwillingness to come to terms with how toys and collectibles are being done today along with your biases to “20th century toys” will not go far here. Many of us are excited to see what these companies are and will bring to the tmnt franchise. It’s great to see how it’s progressed so much. You’re free to voice your opinion but the continued bashing because it’s not what you like is uncalled for. I’m happy to see what will come next. It’s only going to help the future generations of tmnt fans.

TommyT 09-02-2019 03:10 AM

Yeah, the dogpile won’t help matters. You have an ignore button, it does wonders.

But seriously, like, he does have a point. This idea that toy companys are doing this for the fans, because they are fans is garbage. The same “be happy you’re getting anything at all” was sung when M. Bay made the recent movies, and look where that got us.

He’s going overboard, but realistically, there’s some truth in the tears. Neca SHOULD get feedback on the Target availability issue, because that’s lost revenue, and Super 7 needs to know if superfans will steer clear of their ultimates line, before they go 100k in debt. On the otherhand, its a conversation, not a negotiation, and demands will only sour the situation.

AdultCollector 09-02-2019 02:37 PM

From the Ultimates! Fans group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/tmntultimates/

Baxter Stockman design artwork for the new TMNT Ultimates! line from Super7! The pre-order for a new wave of figures will be available every three months beginning in October on the Super7 website.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B16wBaLD..._web_copy_link

Btown 09-06-2019 11:54 PM

4 horsemen posted splinter comparison pics. https://i.imgur.com/E88nwDz_d.jpg?ma...idelity=medium

wpugh2424 09-07-2019 02:59 AM

That pic is great
Can’t wait to see these in person

frank_one 09-07-2019 04:02 AM

Great figure!

mikey see 09-09-2019 07:11 AM

This was the most disappointing figure IMO but that shot from the side looks way better than the head-on pic. I wish the figure had pupils but I get that they're trying to stick close to the Playmates toy.

I'm still out if these are $45 each though.

mikey0 09-09-2019 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey see (Post 1818643)
This was the most disappointing figure IMO but that shot from the side looks way better than the head-on pic. I wish the figure had pupils but I get that they're trying to stick close to the Playmates toy.

I'm still out if these are $45 each though.

The ‘88 Splinter had non-painted pupils (it was sculpted to look like it was supposed to have painted pupils) and looks like a Guinea pig next to the ‘19 Ultimate Splinter.

TommyT 09-09-2019 12:35 PM

I didn't like the original playmates Splinter, so again, easy pass. I gotta say, with so many other turtles designs to produce, going after the retro look is, odd.

I guess that's what Super7 is all about through, junky janky old stuff, made new again?

mikey0 09-09-2019 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyT (Post 1818666)
I didn't like the original playmates Splinter, so again, easy pass. I gotta say, with so many other turtles designs to produce, going after the retro look is, odd.

I guess that's what Super7 is all about through, junky janky old stuff, made new again?

I hear what you’re saying. It’s all been done before, but I believe these are being produced for fans of the original 1988 Playmates toy line [who coincidentally are adult collectors now].

AquaParade 09-09-2019 01:46 PM

Very curious to see how they handle Shredder. Always got a kick out of that figure as a kid, in a sort of "wtf?" way.

inaheap 09-09-2019 02:44 PM

I've wanted a truly poseable splinter since the original in these pictures came out. Hoping this one does not disappoint.

Lordmylar06 09-09-2019 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyT (Post 1818666)

So if you didn't like Playmate's Splinter, and going after the retro look is "odd", why bother chiming in on a thread that's dedicated to figures that are all about capturing that look?

Donnie 09-09-2019 03:29 PM

I'll probably just get Michelangelo, maybe Donatello and Splinter, too.

TommyT 09-09-2019 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lordmylar06 (Post 1818705)
So if you didn't like Playmate's Splinter, and going after the retro look is "odd", why bother chiming in on a thread that's dedicated to figures that are all about capturing that look?

Because S7 also has great looking Thundercats for preorder, and has done cool He-man stuff. These are ugly, and literally pointless upgrades.

Crazy thought here, but why not be critical of a double dip?

Lordmylar06 09-09-2019 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyT (Post 1818711)
These are ugly, and literally pointless upgrades.

Those are opinions, and I'm pretty sure like 2 people will agree with you.

Leo656 09-09-2019 08:49 PM

So yeah, how a free market economy is supposed to work, is that different companies can release a wide assortment of products for a variety of different audiences, and then people can buy whatever they enjoy and ignore the rest. That is the entire point.

Not everyone who enjoys Pepsi also likes Crystal Pepsi. That's fine. Seems weird to bang a drum about it. "I don't like this. What's the point? Who is this even for?" I'unno, somebody else? Who cares?

I'm a huge fan of the free market. Put stuff out there and let it find it's own audience. If that audience ain't you, go do something else. Seems pretty simple to me.

TommyT 09-09-2019 10:14 PM

Thanks for the unsolicited feedback. I don’t like the figures. Being a free country, I say as I please? I was pretty excited about S7 picking up the license, so far they’re missing the mark.

Buying the exact same thing again, is stupid. But yeah feel free to sound off with your opinion of my opinion.