The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Video Game Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Why Was Bebop Absent From Hyperstone Heist? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=46047)

MikeandRaph87 01-28-2014 07:05 PM

Why Was Bebop Absent From Hyperstone Heist?

The only time Bebop and Rocksteady are separate is in Hyperstone Hesit where only Rocksteady appears, as the second of six bosses. Yet Bebop is nowhere to be seen despite the rest of his usual group being present in the game. Was it ever revealed how one half of the inseperable mutant punks got left out of the game? Does it singel handedly make Rocksteady slightly more important?

Ninjinister 01-28-2014 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 (Post 1202818)
The only time Bebop and Rocksteady are separate is in Hyperstone Hesit where only Rocksteady appears, as the second of six bosses. Yet Bebop is nowhere to be seen despite the rest of his usual group being present in the game. Was it ever revealed how one half of the inseperable mutant punks got left out of the game? Does it singel handedly make Rocksteady slightly more important?

I'm pretty sure that there's no way to find out any of the "why" in those old Konami games. You'd have to track down someone in charge of those installments and that's a chore in and of itself.

CyberCubed 01-28-2014 09:03 PM

Probably the same reason they rehashed the human Baxter boss from the NES version of TMNT II instead of including fly-Baxter.

Candy Kappa 01-29-2014 12:52 AM

He had a sick day

CyberCubed 01-30-2014 12:22 AM

Hyperstone heist had the weirdest boss roster ever.

Rocksteady, Human Baxter, Leatherhead, Tatsu, and then Shredder/Krang?

Leatherhead and Shredder/Krang were rehashes of the Turtles in Time boss fights....but why human Baxter and no fly-Baxter? Why no Bebop? How on earth did Tatsu of all characters get in there?

It's like whoever made that boss roster randomly threw darts at a board or pulled names out of a hat.

Whatswiththeheadbands? 01-30-2014 05:03 AM

He was on Holiday.

pferreira 01-30-2014 07:58 AM

Maybe they forgot Bebop and when the developers found out it was too late?

DonatelloDomeHead31 02-03-2014 04:51 PM

I find it interesting that Tatsu was in that one representing Turtles 1 & Turtles II. Whereas in Turtles in Time, the movie villians were Tokka & Rahzar from ninja turtles II.

Movie tie-ins in the games were nice, but it would have been a little better to even it out.

miru 02-03-2014 05:34 PM

Perhaps they had plans for a Turbograx-16 TMNT game that only had Bebop without Rocksteady, but the game was never made?

oldmanwinters 02-03-2014 06:17 PM

For as many hours as I enjoyed on Hyperstone, I hate that it feels so rushed together and unfinished. It's more like a "greatest hits" compilation of TMNT beat em' up elements than an original game.

But the Tatsu fight is pretty swell. Imagine how cool the game could have been if they had put more thought into the storyline of the game and added some very original boss battles.

CyberCubed 02-03-2014 06:43 PM

I wish Tatsu, and his whole Japan level, was in Turtles in Time instead. That was the only aspect of Hyperstone Heist that was unique.

Turtles going to ancient Japan would have fit in next to the Pirate Ship and Train level.

Ninjinister 02-03-2014 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miru (Post 1206687)
Perhaps they had plans for a Turbograx-16 TMNT game that only had Bebop without Rocksteady, but the game was never made?

Wait how does this make any logical sense?

snake 02-03-2014 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninjinister (Post 1206727)
Wait how does this make any logical sense?

It's Miru logic. Don't question it.

Refractive Reflections 05-03-2014 10:41 AM

Maybe... This is just a maybe now **shrug**... It could have been just a quick, and cheap way to save memory on the Sega Genesis cartridge by using the same Rocksteady sprite rather than having a whole new Bebop sprite. The Hyperstone Heist video and audio quality was significantly scaled back from the arcade version, compared to the smaller reduction of quality with the Turtles in Time conversion for the SNES.

If they included Bebop, maybe some other aspect of the game's quality would have had to be removed possibly. Sega Genesis was already in second place in terms of being the latest gaming console after the SNES arrived on the scene in 1991 in North America. (The same year the second TMNT arcade game was released.) With SNES boasting the latest graphics and audio quality (even advertising how similar the SNES game was to the arcade graphics), and Turtlemania sales being so lucrative, maybe the poorly developed Hyperstone Heist characters and "rushed" gameplay as some have mentioned, was part of the sacrifice to maintain a comparable game (Hyperstone Heist) to SNES' Turtles in Time.

Just a thought, but don't know how accurate it could be. :ohwell:

MikeandRaph87 05-03-2014 10:57 AM

5 levels opposed to 8 and reusing the same villian character sprites from previous games with Tatsu oddly created for the game despite the other sprites being recycled. The question then is why ise Rocksteady over Bebop and not the other way around or use another character than Rocksteady? I am asking this out of curosity not compliant.

Refractive Reflections 05-03-2014 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 (Post 1257471)
5 levels opposed to 8 and reusing the same villian character sprites from previous games with Tatsu oddly created for the game despite the other sprites being recycled. The question then is why ise Rocksteady over Bebop and not the other way around or use another character than Rocksteady? I am asking this out of curosity not compliant.

Meh, I was just throwing an idea out there. :lol:
...who knows, I guess maybe they wanted to have a somewhat different storyline rather than having one too similar to Turtles in Time (which would have made their Sega version be quickly seen as the inferior one) while at the same time, from a cost-cutting measure (since they had already extensively developed the visuals for Turtles in Time), adding just the minimal amount of newly created elements (i.e. Tatsu and the Shredder hideout backgrounds) to further help separate the games' storylines.

One thing I always find funny is in the Hyperstone Heist introduction, if you compare the Shredder and Turtles versus their SNES counterparts, the Sega version depicts them being so extremely cut and muscle defined (as with the Turtles' eyes looking more aggressive) to give the visually badder "edge" over the SNES intro.
...Typical Sega promotion to make their console and games have a more mature, "edgier" feel. :lol: