The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Rise of the TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Rise of the TMNT Movie Coming To Netflix (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=61021)

Autbot_Benz 02-05-2019 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo656 (Post 1792895)
I just took back every rotten thing I've ever said about you.

two things make me thin of Steiner fat asses and Math

sdp 02-05-2019 06:55 PM

Is it really going to be non-canon to Rise? I'm sure it'll be a standalone story but I don't see why it wouldn't be canon.

I read the news of of TMNT & Netflix on an animated movie collaboration and was super excited, then I read it was Rise....
I mean, I'm sure the movie will be fun and great on its own right but that was certainly a buzz killer after reading TMNT/Netflix combo and the potential.

I do think it has the potential of getting good ratings/views whatever you want to call it, when 2012 and the 2 PD movies have been on netflix they always appeared in my trending/popular tabs so people watch them, people will watch out of curiosity even if they don't like it and I have a feeling the movie won't be bad. Let's hope for the future of Netflix/TMNT partnerships even if this isn't wat most of us wanted to start with.

Roseangelo 02-05-2019 07:09 PM

The feel that I've gotten from the bites I put out is that the story is meant to be independent of the series, in that you don't have to watch the series to "get it," but I don't know what that means for canon.

It will be Rise, though. So if you're living in the delusion that it will be something different, you should come back to Earth.

IndigoErth 02-05-2019 07:23 PM

What if this "movie" is a replacement for bothering to have any kind of arc in season 2? :tconfuse:

And as much as PD sucks Krang butt, I'm sorta glad we at least know who is behind the next film, because if this Netflix movie had turned out to be that next movie... *laughcry*

Redeemer 02-05-2019 08:02 PM

Looking at this glass half full hopefully this means the new platinum dunes movie will be intended for an older audience.

Go ahead and laugh at my optimism. :lol:

Toxin45 02-05-2019 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeemer (Post 1792940)
Looking at this glass half full hopefully this means the new platinum dunes movie will be intended for an older audience.

Go ahead and laugh at my optimism. :lol:

Probaly be based on idw and mirage mixed together.

Krutch 02-05-2019 08:27 PM

Well... What can I say? I'm happy for all the Rise fans out there :)

Coola Yagami 02-05-2019 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krutch (Post 1792948)
Well... What can I say? I'm happy for all the Rise fans out there :)

Both of them!:D

CyberCubed 02-05-2019 08:56 PM

I wonder what happened to the rumors of a movie re-visiting the 2012 Nick series were. Ciro even said he had many pitches sent to Nick about it. Maybe they didn't want to make it because it'd take attention away from Rise.

TigerClaw 02-05-2019 08:58 PM

So we got an animated movie in the works for Netflix. along with another live action movie.

sdp 02-05-2019 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roseangelo (Post 1792928)
The feel that I've gotten from the bites I put out is that the story is meant to be independent of the series, in that you don't have to watch the series to "get it," but I don't know what that means for canon.

It will be Rise, though. So if you're living in the delusion that it will be something different, you should come back to Earth.

Is this to me? I never said it'd be something different, more that it's likely in continuity unlike other posts suggested and that this being popular might interest Netflix in more TMNT content outside of Rise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1792956)
I wonder what happened to the rumors of a movie re-visiting the 2012 Nick series were. Ciro even said he had many pitches sent to Nick about it. Maybe they didn't want to make it because it'd take attention away from Rise.

Those were never rumors more like Ciro wanted to do a movie but they said no.

I can see this movie being a crossover with either 2012 or even the OT.

Leo656 02-05-2019 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndigoErth (Post 1792933)
And as much as PD sucks Krang butt

I almost spewed duck sauce out my nose, and now I'm aware that that's a thing that can happen.

You... you're dangerous.

TurtleWA 02-05-2019 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1792824)
Here's the timeline to come:

* Netflix releases "Rise of the TMNT" movie

* Nobody ends up caring about "Rise of the TMNT" movie

* Netflix never makes anything TMNT ever again

Sound about right?

I thought the same thing.

But am slightly confused. Netflix isn’t actually making it though right? They are just the platform the movie is being released on. I thought it would have same creative company as current series?

FredWolfLeonardo 02-05-2019 09:51 PM

I think it would be awesome if a feature-length film is used to introduce and focus on characters like Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady, while the show sticks to its original characters.

IndigoErth 02-05-2019 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo656 (Post 1792965)
I almost spewed duck sauce out my nose, and now I'm aware that that's a thing that can happen.

You... you're dangerous.

:tlol: Sorry. Better duck sauce than hot sauce, I guess.

Leo656 02-05-2019 10:12 PM

Either way, try and use your newfound super-power responsibly.

Roseangelo 02-05-2019 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtleWA (Post 1792967)
But am slightly confused. Netflix isn’t actually making it though right? They are just the platform the movie is being released on. I thought it would have same creative company as current series?

I am only speculating here, but I am pretty sure that in this case it would be Nickelodeon actually making the movie. But there is probably some money going back and forth in terms of funding the production. This one will need to perform at least to whatever measurement of expectations they have to have any chance of doing more.

All that said, Netflix is in the process of opening their own animation studio, so they will be making in-house content at some point.

victory_angel 02-06-2019 12:47 AM

This film is essentially set in the "Rise of the TMNT" universe, but it has no bearing on the canon of the TV series. It's kinda like the Steven Universe movie coming out later this year, it's set in the same world but doesn't actually happen as far as the TV show is concerned.

While I am ambivalent about this series as a whole, I have enjoyed some points of it. Still, this film could possibly lead to more TMNT stuff being released such as series based off those TMNT shorts released a couple years ago. It could also be a venue for movies set in the different universe of the TMNT franchises. Or even a mass multiverse encounter of the Turtles (kinda like the Spiderman: Enter Multiverse film). Having too many tmnt universes together would be too convoluted. So at best have three to for universe of Turtles encounter each other. Such as since the 2k3 and the 2k12 universe have had their encounters with the 87 Turtles, but both the 2k3 and the 2k12 universes haven't encountered each other.

And Rise of the TMNT is just another dimension. Maybe there is an unrevealed universal law in the 2k12 universe saying the 10 dimensions are not supposed to unite since that would bring about chaos.

One could say the 2k12 universe was created due to the 2k3 and 87 turtles meeting one another.

And the rise universe was created by the 2k12 and the 87 Turtles meeting.

So there could be a multiverse story here Donnie in the Rise universe creates a dimensional portal that somehow effects the 87, 2k3, and 2k12 universes.

Cowa 02-06-2019 03:23 AM

So we'll have the new Bay's movie and this one produced by Netflix. Interesting.

IndigoErth 02-06-2019 08:37 AM

Any thoughts on the turn around time for this?

It really would be very nice if this encouraged Nick/Viacom to not make the next film too kiddiefide if they've got this in the works too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo656 (Post 1792993)
Either way, try and use your newfound super-power responsibly.

:D I'll try, but no promises.