The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TMNT Comic Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   TMNT #77 Preview and Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=59211)

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 12-01-2017 11:32 AM

TMNT #77 Preview and Discussion

https://www.idwpublishing.com/produc...ja-turtles-77/

Curious if Splinter knows about the EPF and Bishop... and what they've been up to...

CyberCubed 12-01-2017 12:12 PM

Looks like it's only a matter of time for full scale invasion now that their squad has been attacked. Would be nice if Splinter is the one to make the bad judgement call and unexpectingly triggers the brunt of the Triceratons attack on New York rather than Bishop.

At least we have a Triceraton story where they're not searching for the Fugitoid for once, so it's something new. Although I guess the Turtles won't battle in the tri-sports arena this time.

ProphetofGanja 12-01-2017 02:25 PM

Goddammit, Splinter, stay in your lane!

bushido 12-04-2017 02:03 PM

Full preview here.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 12-06-2017 07:28 PM

Splinter is really, really making some poor choices here. REALLY poor choices.

You're supposed to pick the LESSER of two evils, not the greater. :tlol:

ProphetofGanja 12-06-2017 08:34 PM

Yeah for real. I totally disagree with pretty much everything Splinter has been doing lately but his most recent bad move was a really interesting plot twist, in any case

Spike Spiegel 12-07-2017 07:41 AM

I'm interested to see how the Turtles' relationship with the Triceratons will change if their connection to Splinter is revealed...

***First of Two Latin Kings*** 12-07-2017 08:14 AM

This comic has pretty solid writing... so now my prediction is turtles + Triceratons vs. Foot + EPF.

The turtles basically have to convince them that not everyone on earth is like Bishop or their father.

Who thinks Bishop will allow Splinter to have the city in exchange for helping him to protect the world from the invasion?

Is Splinter being controlled by the Rat King?

Weapons@theready 12-07-2017 08:34 AM

What is all roads lead to a resurrected Shredder leading the Turtles in a battle vs Splinter's Foot Clan

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 12-07-2017 08:40 AM

Splinter is NOT being controlled by the Rat King.

However, Splinter is being influenced by his SON. Remember how Donatello was the Turtle who wanted to temporally ally with the personal vendetta-driven nemesis (Shredder) to oppose the global alien threat (Krang), even though the personal nemesis had already brainwashed a fellow Turtle (Leonardo)?

Splinter is doing the same thing, except he doesn't realize that the Triceratons aren't evil and Bishop IS. Splinter, you have very poor judgment. :tlol:

oldmanwinters 12-07-2017 10:35 AM

I have to say that I love Splinter being a mastermind mob boss. It's so unexpected to everything that's ever happened in TMNT history, but IDW has laid solid enough groundwork for it to be believable in this continuity. Splinter's sit down with Bishop over a plate of fries was something I never thought I'd see in official media.

Love that the Triceraton platoon still hold the Turtles in respect. And I can't wait to see how this will all come to a head and the ramifications it will have on the ongoing.

CyberCubed 12-07-2017 01:11 PM

I liked this issue a lot, I don't see Splinter making bad decisions at all. Working with Bishop to remove the alien threat makes a lot of sense, and he told Jennika not to kill Bishop. It's not like he's doing anything wrong. Also Splinter isn't aware of the Triceratons fighting alongside the Turtles/Neutrinos in Dimension X either.

I'm glad we're gearing toward a full scale Triceraton invasion, it's always been my favorite part of their characters. The parts with Baxter working with the Turtles was nice too, especially with Baxter only helping people for money. :lol:

Lastly as much as I like IDW's Bishop so far, I still feel like he needs a big arc to himself. His backstory is still ambiguous (is he a human cyborg?), and lacks the shades of gray 2k3 Bishop had with experiments on humans and government projects, although we'll probably get that stuff eventually in later arcs. So I'm excited to see where that goes.

Overall great issue and this is shaping up to be a much better arc than the Trial of Krang was.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 12-07-2017 01:36 PM

So far, 4Kids Bishop is better than IDW Bishop. But only because it took awhile before we found out 4Kids Bishop wasn't 100% human.

And while Splinter is making just the WORST decisions, it's gonna make for an awesome story. :tlol:

Mexiun 12-10-2017 04:49 AM

Did i see a mistake in page 7 though? The very first panel shows Raphael and Donatello and Donatello said "Whatever" to Raphael saying something about the "Main combatants", however it was Leonardo that said something about the "Main combatants" and not Donatello. So Donatello spoke for Leonardo? lol

Powder 12-10-2017 05:32 AM

I was confused by that at first, but I think it was intentional. Like, Don knows he's being indirectly dissed so he throws in a retort. :tlol:

Utrommaniac 12-10-2017 10:19 AM

WOW why's it getting such an early release?

Oh well, still cool.

First thing that came to my head when Baxter released the spy flies was "Now fly my pretties! Fly! Fly!"

Mexiun 12-10-2017 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utrommaniac (Post 1734069)
WOW why's it getting such an early release?

Oh well, still cool.

First thing that came to my head when Baxter released the spy flies was "Now fly my pretties! Fly! Fly!"

Lol yeah true.
However i had a different idea; He will become a fly eventually i think, because 1- he creates fly spy drones and 2- he had a big fly specimen/clone in a bottle.
Thats what i thought at first "He will become a fly soon".

Mutant Ninja Anole 12-19-2017 08:02 AM

Not much discussion on this?

I've been something of a Splinter apologist so far, though even I will admit he's backing the wrong horse, as far as I can see. Except he has plans? What are your plans Splinter?! I can, at least, forgive Hamato Yoshi for failing to grasp the scale of the invasion much more than Bishop. Again, part of my brian is saying realistically Earth has zero chance here in a fight. They're fighting an enemy capable of traveling star systems. The energy and technology needed for that is stupidly advanced. Unless Bishop has something big up his sleeve he's fighting a losing battle. But, based on what we've seen the Triceratons seem to be relying on 'conventional' weaponry, so to speak.

I do wonder if Splinter will pull his punches if he sees the Turtles hanging with the Triceratons.

Utrommaniac 12-19-2017 11:25 AM

It's a pretty unexciting issue, tbh...

We could say that Bishop might try to use the Utroms, since he's watching them and now knows they've created the Triceratons.
Though, with so few of them left and their resources severely depleted, he would likely expect their reaction to basically be
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/02/nope.gif
(I will find a way to animate that octopus into an Utrom later)

Meanwhile, I'm just surprised that the turtles are teaming up with the Triceratons for once. I guess that's actually two unexpected alliances.