The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Toy/Collectible Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   SDCC Exclusive NECA TMNT Speculation (2019) (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=61417)

Discogod 07-18-2019 02:25 AM

Was hoping there'd be either more Mirage stuff or maybe a Casey from the'90 movie.

Really not impressed by the animated stuff, could possibly customise Casey into a Mirage version but something looks off about him - the details are too soft.

Btown 07-18-2019 03:15 AM

Zack Ryder got an interview with Randy as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74mtA4dAZa8

Waking up today to all this news and information was like waking up on Christmas morning. So much goodness coming out

Candy Kappa 07-18-2019 03:29 AM

April and Casey, yes please! Also excited for the Ultimate Foot Soldier, it's a great idea for a Ultimate figure. Metalhead looks great, B&R will no doubt replace my Playmates Classics. Love the Triceraton teaser.

April could be thicc-er :lol:

tmntfanuk 07-18-2019 04:27 AM

Love Metalhead. He was my fave playmates action figure as a kid, I think. I may pick him up. Apart from the boys, I wont be picking up anything else from the cartoon... unless NECA do Usagi. Because, Usagi! (Man, I wish Stan would talk to Randy.... a NECA Usagi line woild be ah-mazing!). So yeah, I'm more interested in the movie line, to be honest. But I am excited for everyone who picks up the cartoon figs. This is awsome for the TMNT franchise. I would have killed for these in the 80s-90s. My wish would be a 2012 cartoon line. The boys, Splinter, Casey, Karai and April. But I supose thats too recent...

TheBlueTurtle1 07-18-2019 05:00 AM

When do the turtles that have the promo colours come out? the ones like the SH figs. They don't have any shading.

LilithMV 07-18-2019 05:09 AM

Gotta have to agree with others her about April's head, it's a wee bit too large. The rest of her is accurate. Well maybe except in the chest area. I mean a little bit bigger would not hurt but I'm sure someone would get offended by that if they changed it.

I'm biased though because I love April and I want her look as close to the original cartoon look as possible. That includes her curves.

TheBlueTurtle1 07-18-2019 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey0 (Post 1812987)
The Target 2 pack exclusives? They’re in stores now.

Look at the pictures, the turtles are different colours to the taget turtles 2 packs. They have the, (as Randy referred to them) "catalogue colours"
Is there any more details on those?

TheBlueTurtle1 07-18-2019 06:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
See?

http://http://forums.thetechnodrome....1&d=1563452876

Swaynomics930 07-18-2019 06:36 AM

Wow, I'm most excited for metal head. And arcade slash, those two look amazing!!

mikey see 07-18-2019 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 (Post 1812988)
Look at the pictures, the turtles are different colours to the taget turtles 2 packs. They have the, (as Randy referred to them) "catalogue colours"
Is there any more details on those?

Those are being released as 2-packs, though I don't think we know when. If Wave 2 is Bebop/Rocksteady and a Foot 2-pack then I guess maybe the turtles will end up in wave 3 next spring.

I'm a little underwhelmed by this showing. Casey, April, and Metalhead all look great, but that's kind of it for figure reveals (well, and the robot... woohoo...). Yes we're getting some new versions of the Foot, too, but those are just variations. We'd already seen both versions of Slash and Leatherhead. Turtle repaints are hardly exciting. With all the hype I was hoping to see like 10 brand new character reveals. IMO Neca left the door wide open for Super7 to steal the show for this convention.

tmntfannumerouno 07-18-2019 08:03 AM

Damm Slash is already sold out so the only way to get him is if you get all four.

mikey0 07-18-2019 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discogod (Post 1812965)
Was hoping there'd be either more Mirage stuff or maybe a Casey from the'90 movie.

Really not impressed by the animated stuff, could possibly customise Casey into a Mirage version but something looks off about him - the details are too soft.

The mask on Casey is longer than it is in the cartoon and the colors on the mask are all off.

Hopefully we’ll see The Rat King in 2021. I can dream it up if not.

I Crave Pizza No More 07-18-2019 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmntfannumerouno (Post 1812998)
Damm Slash is already sold out so the only way to get him is if you get all four.

At BBTS? I'm guessing other retailers will offer him, so I'd be patient.

useasneeded4pain 07-18-2019 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 (Post 1812980)
When do the turtles that have the promo colours come out? the ones like the SH figs. They don't have any shading.

Cartoon wave 2 comes out Septemberish. The lineup is:

Bebop and Rocksteady 2pack
Foot Soldier 2pack
Two Turtles 2packs in the brighter colors re-redeco

Turnstone 07-18-2019 08:41 AM

Since that game version of Slash was never really in the cartoon, I’m guessing we will never see a non-pixelated version of him?

Redrumh2o 07-18-2019 08:43 AM

Are you sure he even went up for sale? Usually if something is sold out it is still listed, but as sold out. Looks like only the 2 turtles were listed individually?

zelu1984 07-18-2019 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 1812911)
I definitely like the NECA April, but I don't love. The face doesn't have any personality and I agree with snake in regards to the proportions.

However, I am amused that they used the kidnapper's note from "It Came from Beneath the Sewers" (I think... or maybe The Big Cufflink Caper?).

The NECA figure for me is probably the third best OT April figure I've seen, coming in behind the customs of HugoHugo and Zelu. Because those customs definitely emote a living spirit.

Thank you :)

https://i.ibb.co/98z7X0w/april22.jpg
upload pic

I think the Neca's April is pretty good but maybe the head needs a bit smaller. Either way I'm very happy to finally see this version :)

Swaynomics930 07-18-2019 08:56 AM

Pulled the trigger, preordered the 4 I need raph anf mikey arcade version now!!!

SilverNinja 07-18-2019 08:58 AM

I am so SOO psyched about the April and Casey figures. After owning so many craptastic April figures, we finally get one that looks like the '87 cartoon.

I'm also pretty amped about BeBop, Rocksteady, Metalhead, Leatherhead and even owning more foot soldiers. I'm even super psyched about the new colors of the TMNT figures. I liked the previous version, but I definitely wanted lighter without it being the arcade versions. Sure, I'd love more of the movie versions (mostly Casey because I doubt we will ever see an April).

I have seen mention of Slash being sold separately, but I only keep running into the 4-pack containing the Turtles in Time arcade set (Donnie, Leo, Foot and Slash). Was there ever an option to purchase JUST Slash online?

mikey0 07-18-2019 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turnstone (Post 1813005)
Since that game version of Slash was never really in the cartoon, I’m guessing we will never see a non-pixelated version of him?

Probably not. I don’t think NECA will ever do an Archie Comics TMNT series.