The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   TV and Movies (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   New He-Man Netflix Series (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=61763)

Vegita-San 08-18-2019 03:35 PM

New He-Man Netflix Series

After the crap that is she-ra, I am VERY VERY scared.

Candy Kappa 08-18-2019 03:45 PM

She-ra is fantastic, you just lack taste.

I'm excited for a new show.

TurtleTitan97 08-18-2019 03:51 PM

Can confirm, She-Ra is awesome.

ABrown 08-18-2019 03:56 PM

"picking up from where the original 80's animated series left off". Hmm, well the last that was seen from that series was crossovers with She-Ra. So, I'm not sure what exactly what that will mean.

Me personally, I would've rather seen a continuation of the 2002 Mike Young Productions He-Man series. But that'll probably never happen.

The Netflix She-Ra series has been, interesting. But I wish it would've been an action cartoon. I would assume that this series will be.

JonesyKitty 08-18-2019 03:58 PM

I'll also say I actually enjoyed She-Ra. I did'nt think I would but my girlfriend likes it so I gave it a shot. We binged the whole series and by the end I actually really liked it. Only complaint was some of the animation looked cheap and shoddy occassionally.

Autbot_Benz 08-18-2019 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candy Kappa (Post 1816167)

no he doesn't lack taste he just hates women :lol:.

Anyway you got the super fanboy himself Kevin Smith as Showrunner so its gonna be good

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 08-18-2019 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABrown (Post 1816169)
The Netflix She-Ra series has been, interesting. But I wish it would've been an action cartoon.

It is referred to as "action-adventure", "science fantasy", "magical girl" (is that really a genre, I would rather say concept) and "sword and planet".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/She-Ra...esses_of_Power

Candy Kappa 08-18-2019 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan (Post 1816176)
"magical girl" (is that really a genre, I would rather say concept)

It's a genre: The “magical girl” (mahou shoujo) genre is an anime genre that involves a female protagonist who is able to use magic. Typically, they are able to transform into some kind of magical superhero to defend against evil forces.

neatoman 08-18-2019 04:55 PM

Just gonna point out here that there has only really been three He-Man cartoons and two She-Ra in MotU's nearly 40 year history, and only the first He-Man was known commercially successful (the new She-Ra might be, but it's one of those streaming shows that treat 6 episodes as an entire season, so who really knows). Not to mention how the new She-Ra was the first MotU cartoon in 14 years. And the comics seems like they can't keep an ongoing for more than two years.

I'm not a fan of this franchise but it seems kind of odd to me that something can enjoy so much success for the first two years, then never manage to bounce back despite numerous attempts at a revival. Transformers cartoons have basically never had more than a two year gap between them since 1996, and all three concluded TMNT cartoons have 120+ episodes each. What's preventing MotU from catching on again?

Allio 08-18-2019 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candy Kappa (Post 1816167)

It’s an okay show at best

Vegita-San 08-18-2019 05:11 PM

it's best to ignore the trolls that still think it's 2016 :)

Anyway, as to success of series.. blame cartoon network for the 2002 shows downfall. I think that show could have easily run for 5 years if the toys where better and the time slot was stable.

TommyT 08-18-2019 06:22 PM

I’m having trouble with the Kevin Smith part. He’s about as anti action as it get’s, and basically dick and fart jokes. This is Michael Bay and TMNT all over again.

Vegita-San 08-18-2019 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyT (Post 1816191)
I’m having trouble with the Kevin Smith part. He’s about as anti action as it get’s, and basically dick and fart jokes. This is Michael Bay and TMNT all over again.

yeah, that, and the description that makes it sound more like a teela quest series than a he-man series.

Too early to get interested yet.

TommyT 08-18-2019 07:17 PM

Teela is cool, but the set up sounds like He-Man will be missing for most of the show, while they try to find the Powersword.

I’m also not too excited for yet another re-imagining of this universe. He-Man worked as a weird show, with a whimsical internal logic that you just kind of accepted as a kid. The revamp in the 00’s tried way to hard to ground it, if you ask me.

Smith is not as terrible as the crazy person running She-ra, but equally unsuited to bring MOTU back. Smith doesn’t do absurd, he’s the guy who thought through super sperm, and its deadly effects on Lois Lane. He’ll want to explain the magic, not add to it. This is bad news all aroond.

newfan 08-19-2019 12:28 AM

I'll take a look for curiosity, I'd rather it didn't have the same animation as the She-Ra show but that isn't likely.

ZariusTwo 08-19-2019 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newfan (Post 1816217)
I'll take a look for curiosity, I'd rather it didn't have the same animation as the She-Ra show but that isn't likely.

The people behind Castlevania are animating it, it's not going to look like She-Ra at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allio (Post 1816184)
It’s an okay show at best

yeah, the Katra and Adora stuff aside it's just...there really. People only make a big deal out of it because "muh representation"

AT-Man 08-19-2019 04:05 AM

First of all, the new She-Ra is great. I've got no idea what to expect from MOTU Revelation yet, so I'll just wait for more information. If it'll continue from where the Filmation show left off... more weekly episodes with little to no connective tissue?

TommyT 08-19-2019 07:31 AM

Pixel Dan interviewed Kevin Smith. He promised none of his ideas were going to be in this, and that they were just going to continue the show.

Skinrash 08-19-2019 11:54 AM

The quality of Kevin Smith's output seem to be very inconsistent. This could go either way.

drgon78 08-19-2019 12:02 PM

The new She-Ra is utter garbage and is She-Ra only in name. I don't care about Netflix, the only thing I even liked from them is Stranger Things.