The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Everything Else (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Do you drink? Do you smoke? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=57511)

MsMarvelDuckie 03-08-2017 06:51 PM

Fun story- once as a kid I sat in to watch while my parents played Uno with slammers (double shots of tequila and 7Up) with two of their friends one night on a campung trip. My mom lost- at 17 shots! My dad was next at 15. Funniest thing I ever saw him doing: chuckling like a madman every time he hit somebody with a draw card, and drumming on the table while listening to Pink Floyd and ZZ Top on the radio. He was cutting jokes and acting like a goofy kid- a far cry from his usual antisocial bigoted and rude asshattedness. He was a totally different person that night- too bad it couldnt last. Mom got so drunk she ended up literally hugging a tree when she staggered outside. It was weird. But I had fun just watching them all get louder and more goofy as the game went on.

Utrommaniac 03-08-2017 06:54 PM

Well, so long as we don't end up arguing politcs, I know the next family drinking activity. And can find a pack of Uno cards.

The only cards I know that we have lying around are Yu-Gi-Oh, and I struggle with that sober. Turns out trying to believe in the heart of the cards isn't that effective in real life XD

plastroncafe 03-08-2017 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prowler (Post 1666318)
A lot Americans who travel to Europe are surprised how hard it is to find Mexican food in most countries. I've personally never had a taco in my life. Judging from pictures I've seen they look quite similar to schwarma.

I remember being shocked that there wasn't a burrito joint the last time I was in London.

How do people live without burritos?

MsMarvelDuckie 03-08-2017 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utrommaniac (Post 1666358)
Well, so long as we don't end up arguing politcs, I know the next family drinking activity. And can find a pack of Uno cards.

The only cards I know that we have lying around are Yu-Gi-Oh, and I struggle with that sober. Turns out trying to believe in the heart of the cards isn't that effective in real life XD


Oh I don't know about that lol! I've used a little "spiritual shuffling" a time or two during Yu-Gi-Oh games. Yes I play. Or used to anyway. Have a deck that has even placed in tournaments.

I've never tried playing while drinking but yeah it seems like it would be a losy cause.

Utrommaniac 03-08-2017 09:59 PM

I don't think I've played since elementary school...I've always been more of a Pokémon person, so I was more happy with my GBA during that time of my life.

Prowler 03-08-2017 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plastroncafe (Post 1666375)
I remember being shocked that there wasn't a burrito joint the last time I was in London.

How do people live without burritos?

And you were in London, which I assume would be the most likely place in Europe to find sh*t you'd also find in USA. So imagine how even more uncommon that dish is in the rest of the continent.

So is a burrito donkey cub meat as the name would indicate?

MsMarvelDuckie 03-08-2017 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prowler (Post 1666391)
And you were in London, which I assume would be the most likely place in Europe to find sh*t you'd also find in USA. So imagine how even more uncommon that dish is in the rest of the continent.

So is a burrito donkey cub meat as the name would indicate?


ROFLMAO!!!! You know, I've joked about burritos being baby donkeys before too! (And that would be a donkey colt or filly, not a cub.)

Utrommaniac 03-08-2017 10:53 PM

From Wikipedia:

Quote:

The word burrito means "little donkey" in Spanish, as a diminutive form of burro, or "donkey". The name burrito as applied to the dish possibly derives from the appearance of bedrolls and packs that donkeys carried.
So...there we go.

IndigoErth 03-08-2017 11:02 PM

I never connected the "burro" with "burrito" before... I'll never be unable to not think "donkey" now with those things, thanks. lol

Burritos may be filled with various things (at least the Americanized kind is), but not donkey meat. o.O Personally I like the refried bean and cheese variety. Beef are pretty good too, provided there isn't other crap in it I don't like.

DestronMirage22 03-08-2017 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndigoErth (Post 1666401)
Burritos may be filled with various things (at least the Americanized kind is), but not donkey meat. o.O

If you were to eat a burrito off a street vendor in Mexico it's likely it could be actual donkey. They've found dog and horse, so why no an actual burro? You wouldn't be able to taste the difference since it's all prepared the same way. It'd still taste pretty damn good.

ProactiveMan 03-09-2017 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1666255)
Was this in the 1960's?

I used to buy smokes for my Nan in the early 90s - I think maybe technically it was illegal at that time, but they didn't crack down on it for a long time after that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by plastroncafe (Post 1666375)
I remember being shocked that there wasn't a burrito joint the last time I was in London.

How do people live without burritos?

There is at least one, or there was the last time I was there. The place was packed.

Shark_Blade 03-09-2017 05:04 AM

None of those thankfully.

BubblyShell22 03-09-2017 07:46 AM

I prefer tacos over burritos with just the meat in them myself. Either that or a chicken quesadilla.

discordiatookie 03-11-2017 12:12 PM

I don't smoke. I do drink though. Lager, ale and jd & coke is what I prefer. Although I have gone from drinking 2-4 bottles of beer every night to none except occasionally. And also the weekly sunday evening visit to the local to meet up with friends has died down a bit too, due to us all settling down, having kids, etc.

Jephael 03-13-2017 01:03 PM

You should really add soda, candy, and assorted junk food to the poll. Those have all been my weaknesses for the longest time... up until now. I'm finally cutting that sh*t out of my diet and drinking water more; I've never felt better!!!

Andrew NDB 03-13-2017 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jephael (Post 1667366)
You should really add soda, candy, and assorted junk food to the poll. Those have all been my weaknesses for the longest time... up until now. I'm finally cutting that sh*t out of my diet and drinking water more; I've never felt better!!!

Those aren't controlled substances.

Jephael 03-13-2017 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 1667367)
Those aren't controlled substances.

To the contrary, man. They all contain heavy amounts of sugar, which is just as addictive as crack. Been doing some research on the matter, and I even watched this really great documentary on Netflix in regards to the issue.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy 03-13-2017 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jephael (Post 1667368)
To the contrary, man. They all contain heavy amounts of sugar, which is just as addictive as crack. Been doing some research on the matter, and I even watched this really great documentary on Netflix in regards to the issue.

A controlled substance is a substance that is controlled.

You must be 18+ to purchase tobacco products.
You must be 21+ to purchase alcoholic beverages.

ToTheNines 03-13-2017 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jephael (Post 1667368)
They all contain heavy amounts of sugar, which is just as addictive as crack.

That's just not true. I did Atkins last year and it sucks for like 3 days, then you're good. Certainly nothing like withdrawals. Not that I've done crack lol.

Prowler 03-13-2017 01:38 PM

Supposedly alcohol withdrawals are the worst ones. Even worse than kicking heroin, they say.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.