The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   General TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The "What Episode was That From?" Thread (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=35318)

Icebot 06-20-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorgovan21 (Post 1113319)
I know Bebop said "You rang, Krang?" in a Euro ep, but didn't Rocksteady say it too on a different ep? help please?

Rocksteady said it in Michaelangelo's Birthday.

jorgovan21 06-20-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icebot (Post 1113991)
Rocksteady said it in Michaelangelo's Birthday.

Bingbingbingbingbing!! That was driving me crazy, ty!

jorgovan21 06-20-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr._Mutant_Man (Post 880988)
Which episode was it where April O'Neil was about to get shrunk, and she stated that while she wanted to lose weight, she didn't want to lose it that way? Did she ever make any other comments about her weight on the show? There were times where she seemed pretty vain (like when she complained about being a hag in her late twenties), so it was bound to come up, but I just remember that one where she was going to get shrunk specifically.

Nevermind..already solved...

AdamWarlock87 07-23-2013 04:30 PM

I don't know if this question has been asked already. I haven't had a chance to go through all the posts. My question is in what episode did michaelangelo body slam krang in his android body? I vaguely remember it happened when they were escaping the Technodrome.

oldmanwinters 07-23-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamWarlock87 (Post 1128463)
I don't know if this question has been asked already. I haven't had a chance to go through all the posts. My question is in what episode did michaelangelo body slam krang in his android body? I vaguely remember it happened when they were escaping the Technodrome.

I seem to remember Mikey kicked him pretty hard at the very end of "Shredder and Splintered" right before Donatello made the Technodrome suck itself into Dimension X.

Icebot 07-23-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

It happened in The Big Break In.

AdamWarlock87 07-23-2013 05:08 PM

Wow thanks that was fast! I had been wondering what that episode was for years. Since I don't own any of the other seasons besides season one on DVD.

gobo 07-23-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

That's easy. It's in the one where Michelangelo body slams Krang in his android body while possibly fleeing the Technodrome. :tcool:

Refractive Reflections 08-01-2013 08:21 PM

In the OT, when was the last episode April was working for Channel 6? And then when was the first episode she is noted as being a freelance reporter? Does the show give any explicit explanation as to why she went into freelance reporting?
(I'm assuming it was because Burne Thompson finally had enough of April defending the Turtles and her attracting the Turtles to Channel 6 so many times, which led to the building's ultimate destruction in Season 8's premiere "Get Shredder!")

cammy85 08-01-2013 09:46 PM

JYX: April quits Channel 6 between Seasons 8 and 9. The last appearance of Channel Six is HAVOC In The Streets and Burne speaks to April via cellphone in Cyber Turtles. April isn't in Turtle Trek and in Season 9's "The Unknown Ninja and Dregg of the Earth, she identifies herself as an independent field correspondent.

Refractive Reflections 08-08-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cammy85 (Post 1133601)
JYX: April quits Channel 6 between Seasons 8 and 9. The last appearance of Channel Six is HAVOC In The Streets and Burne speaks to April via cellphone in Cyber Turtles. April isn't in Turtle Trek and in Season 9's "The Unknown Ninja and Dregg of the Earth, she identifies herself as an independent field correspondent.

Thanks cammy85! :) Appreciate it!

Refractive Reflections 08-22-2013 09:59 PM

I have another question everybody. :D

In the OT, I faintly remember that somehow Vernon was trying to get his own talk show or had one (I think April or Irma may have mentioned it in an episode), do any of you know which epsiodes they are from?

Thanks again.

ToTheNines 08-23-2013 04:40 AM

Damn dude... That's gonna bug me all day now lol.

I wanna say The Dimension X Story, but I think it's actually a season 3 episode.

gobo 08-23-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToTheNines (Post 1146345)
I wanna say The Dimension X Story, but I think it's actually a season 3 episode.

I don't recall it being mentioned at all before the CBS run started, but you guessed the most relevant. It was mentioned in passing a few other eps.

Refractive Reflections 08-23-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToTheNines (Post 1146345)
Damn dude... That's gonna bug me all day now lol.

You got it ToTheNines! :D It was "The Dimension X Story", I just checked it out. Thanks ToTheNines, much appreciated! :)

cammy85 08-23-2013 10:40 PM

That was chronologically the season 4 CBS premiere. :) He lost it at the end of that episode too. :)

Refractive Reflections 09-06-2013 09:53 PM

Which OT episode did Shredder say that he wanted another job as... (I forgot what), but that it didn't work out so that he became a super villain? Do you guys know what the alternative job was, and what episode that was in?

Thanks again! :)

MsMarvelDuckie 09-06-2013 10:03 PM

I don't remember the episode title, but I think he wanted to be an accountant or something like that. It might have been one of the season three episodes.

Pterobat 09-06-2013 10:08 PM

Shredder said he wanted to be a writer. According to the Googles, this was in "Take Me To Your Leader".

Huh. The Shredder and I have something in common....

Refractive Reflections 09-06-2013 10:25 PM

Thanks Pterobat and MsMarvelDuckie! Appreciate it! :)

MsMarvelDuckie 09-06-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 1027793)
I know this is probably off the subject, but isn't the fact that the OT Turtles have different birthdays the clearest evidence that they are not biological brothers?

Granted, that point was never in doubt, but I do think it's interesting.

Honestly, I don't thing them having different birthdays proves anything. They were mutated after Splinter found them (or they fell on him, take your pick) and he would have had no way of knowing when they were hatched, and neither would they (they were simple-minded animals until then). I think it was a case of Splinter picking birthdays for them as tots.

oldmanwinters 09-09-2013 04:58 PM

Other than "Take Me to Your Leader," did April wear a cold weather coat in any other episode? I remember she wore a blue rain jacket (or something) in "The Irish Jig is Up" and a ski suit in "A Real Snow Job." But I was thinking she might have also worn a yellow overcoat with some white fur trim at some point.

TheAmazingFlow 11-20-2013 11:17 PM

I'm looking for an episode were the Shredder fills the city? building? with water and washes the Turtles down the sewer. Then Rocksteady or Bebop says a bad joke that includes something about the turtles being washed away.
I've only heard a friend tell me this before from the swedish version of the Turtles so I want to know what the english joke was supposed to be like. Translating something from swedish to english doesn't always (never) work :tgrin:

What episode was that from?

Refractive Reflections 11-21-2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAmazingFlow (Post 1180895)
I'm looking for an episode were the Shredder fills the city? building? with water and washes the Turtles down the sewer. Then Rocksteady or Bebop says a bad joke that includes something about the turtles being washed away.
I've only heard a friend tell me this before from the swedish version of the Turtles so I want to know what the english joke was supposed to be like. Translating something from swedish to english doesn't always (never) work :tgrin:

It sounds like it could probably be "20,000 Leaks Under the City" (Season 3).

oldmanwinters 11-26-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAmazingFlow (Post 1180895)

I'm guessing JYX's suggestion of "20,000 Leaks Under the City" is the best bet, although the Turtles' sewer also got flooded during "Leonardo Vs. Tempestra." Shredder and his goons weren't even in that episode though.

Refractive Reflections 12-14-2013 01:59 AM

Was Granitor a Lieutenant or a Sergeant?

In the 1987 series, was Granitor (General Traag's right-hand man) a Lieutenant or a Sergeant? Because in Wikipedia it's saying he was a Lieutenant, but in TMNTpedia it's saying he was a Sergeant. (I assumed Grantior was a Sergeant.)

I know it's a small detail, and I watched "Hot Rodding Teenagers from Dimension X" (when Granitor is first introduced), but I couldn't catch anything.

Do any of you know which episode it can be conclusively found in? Or was this military rank given in one of the video game manuals sometime during Turtlemania?

Xav 12-14-2013 07:02 PM

Granitor only appeared in one episode and his name or rank was never mentioned in that episode. The rank Sergeant was from the IDW comics. As far as I can tell the rank Lieutenant was never used in any official material.

CyberCubed 12-14-2013 07:24 PM

Granitor's name was revealed by the Konami instruction manual for TMNT II of all things. Surprised he never got a toy either.

Refractive Reflections 12-15-2013 06:31 AM

Huh... It did say Granitor was a Lieutenant on Wikipedia, but now it is removed. :lol:
Anyways, I figured that Granitor had to possibly have some type of military ranking above being a private, rather than just being a generic Rock Soldier, because I saw Granitor wearing a military medal throughout the "Hot Rodding Teenagers From Dimension X" episode. ...But I'm probably sure it was more or less an arbitrary animation decision.

I just didn't know if any, military ranking, Granitor had. :ohwell:

Thanks for the input Xav and CyberCubed. I appreciate it! :)

Powder 12-15-2013 07:20 AM

I'm fairly certain he was a LT, though I can't remember which episode called him that. If it's any consolation, he's referred to as a LT in the IDW series. I imagine it was a rabid fanboy who removed that from Wikipedia, though.

Refractive Reflections 12-15-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 1188403)
I'm fairly certain he was a LT, though I can't remember which episode called him that. If it's any consolation, he's referred to as a LT in the IDW series. I imagine it was a rabid fanboy who removed that from Wikipedia, though.

Hmmm, I guess I would have to do some digging if OT Granitor is mentioned by OT General Traag in some episode because I thought Granitor is only visibly seen in "Hot Rodding Teenagers From Dimension X".

These are the episodes (with help from TMNTPedia) where the OT Rock Soldiers appear: "Hot Rodding Teenagers from Dimension X", "Shredder & Splintered", "Enter The Fly", "Return of the Technodrome", "Michelangelo's Birthday", "Four Turtles and a Baby", "Rock Around The Block", "Shredder Triumphant", "Wrath of the Rat King", and "Turtle Trek"
...I guess I better start watching. :lol:

Plus... I thought Granitor in IDW was a Sergeant, not a LT though. Unless he got promoted or something after this panel (I'm not keeping full attention on IDW though :ohwell:):
http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...anitor_idw.png

Thanks Powder for contributing! :)

Xav 12-15-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 1188403)

I removed it from Wikipedia because I couldn't find any point in that episode where he's called a LT.

Powder 12-15-2013 03:49 PM

Whoops, my mistake. Thought he was an LT there. Still, I'm fairly sure one of those episodes addresses it.

oldmanwinters 12-15-2013 08:46 PM

This doesn't shed any light on the subject, but I do love the way he looks in the TMNT2 NES manual:
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a56...ps41099c6d.jpg

Xav 12-15-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 1188548)
Whoops, my mistake. Thought he was an LT there. Still, I'm fairly sure one of those episodes addresses it.

I don't know. Didn't he only appear in that one episode though?

Powder 12-16-2013 08:12 AM

There were two at the absolute least, I'm positive of that much. I can't say if he had any lines, though.

oldmanwinters 12-19-2013 11:22 PM

What's the episode where the son of Channel Six's owner (I think) tries to intern in the news office, but it turns out he's really incompetent for the work?

Refractive Reflections 12-20-2013 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 1189872)
What's the episode where the son of Channel Six's owner (I think) tries to intern in the news office, but it turns out he's really incompetent for the work?

The episode is from Season 6's "Nightmare In the Lair", with the son being Milton Frobish III. His incompetence is what made April and Irma busy at Channel 6 before having a chance to help the Turtles and Splinter at their lair.

oldmanwinters 12-20-2013 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JYX (Post 1189885)
The episode is from Season 6's "Nightmare In the Lair", with the son being Milton Frobish III. His incompetence is what made April and Irma busy at Channel 6 before having a chance to help the Turtles and Splinter at their lair.

Oh, wow, I had completely forgotten that was the same episode with Creepy Eddy!

HienFan 01-01-2014 09:02 AM

I remember a moment where some girl(I think it could be Irma) ate a hamburger

Unfortunately that's all I saw other than a glimpse of the Turtles confirming it's this show and that was back on 1999 so definitely not 2003