The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Fan Works Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   video preview of tmnt arcade game remake in fred wolf style (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=61342)

bwwd 04-20-2019 01:00 PM

video preview of tmnt arcade game remake in fred wolf style

Its something im working on for a year now with my partner and its basically complete, needs some tweaks and will be released soon.

AquaParade 04-20-2019 03:17 PM

How cool! Please keep us posted.

Sabacooza 04-20-2019 11:05 PM

Very nice! I hope to see more.

oldmanwinters 04-21-2019 07:01 AM

Well I'm impressed! OpenBor community has a lot of turtle love!

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan 04-21-2019 04:11 PM

This looks great.

Vegita-San 04-21-2019 07:02 PM

it's exactly what I'd like to do for my CGI models.

only I have no idea how to program it.

The only complaint I'd offer is two fold:

1- the backgrounds could be a tad more detailed. the characters are spot on. something about the backgrounds looks off to me somehow, but I don't know why.

2- Rocksteady takes way too long to defeat. he shouldn't take more than a minute :).

Ninjinister 04-21-2019 07:20 PM

I'd love for Nick to be giving the official blessing to passion projects like this and Rescue-Palooza rather than let the license stagnate in gaming. They're better than some of the actual official releases of TMNT gaming content, especially mobile and fan games, from the last few years.

My only minor feedback:
1) The voice clips for combos should be a bit more varied and random, that way you're not hearing the same three yells throughout the whole game.
2) Raph should run into the apartment after April screams instead of just meandering in.
3) Rocksteady does indeed take too long to beat and bosses could use an energy meter

bwwd 04-22-2019 01:31 AM

Thanks guys, Ninjinister yeah i just have to rip mor voices that are suitable.
I actually wanted to make them run to april apartment but left it like it was in original.I might change that.
Ill make bosses fights a bit shorter!
I do want to add some detail to first stage, next leves are more detailed, that was the first one i did.

Meow 04-22-2019 02:28 AM

I would like to know some information about how you made it, how it all is put together (backgrounds, characters, etc) and that kind of background information if you don't mind :tsmile:

Real smooth animations going on in that game - I like!

TMNT-Leonardo 04-30-2019 01:24 PM

Looks good, my critiques & nitipicks;

Boss battles: No Boss Battle music. Plus from the demo of the second stage, there seems to be little to no transition indicating a boss battle. Bebop just kind of runs in while foot soldiers are still coming at you. In the Arcade game there's a fade out of music after beating the foot soldiers, the boss music starts, the boss will taunt you, then the fight starts. Here, it just starts right off the bat, losing the same drama/punch the arcade and console ports had.

Minor nitpick, but from the Second stage, the portrait of Shredder on the TV should be of him looking directly at you like how it is in the arcade game. Same with April. You could probably take a screen cap from Episode 5 or something, or if possible redraw them to match the Arcade version.

Even more minor, the character select sound is weird. Sounds like nails on a chalk board.

Would be cool if you had the option of switching to the original arcade music.

MikeandRaph87 04-30-2019 02:40 PM

Love it! The only nitpick is adding more dialogue with the bosses.

sdp 04-30-2019 08:51 PM

So awesome, props.

TheBlueTurtle1 05-01-2019 12:50 AM

Looks so good, can't wait to try this out!

bwwd 05-09-2019 02:44 PM

Street stage video

TheBlueTurtle1 05-10-2019 06:32 AM

Looking so awesome!

oldmanwinters 05-10-2019 07:14 AM

Keep up the good work!

Ninjinister 06-14-2019 01:10 AM

Aww, no Skateboard girl?

Sumac 06-14-2019 06:31 PM

Impressive!
Gameplay and animation look a bit clunky though, but graphics themselves are top notch.

oldmanwinters 06-14-2019 08:24 PM

So apparently there is a Batman Vs. TMNT variant to this game already!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4Zh9o3-MYU

pferreira 06-27-2019 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwwd (Post 1804139)
Thanks guys, Ninjinister yeah i just have to rip mor voices that are suitable.
I actually wanted to make them run to april apartment but left it like it was in original.I might change that.
Ill make bosses fights a bit shorter!
I do want to add some detail to first stage, next leves are more detailed, that was the first one i did.

This looks great. Thanks! :)