The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Official Ep Discussion: S3 Ep2: "A Foot too Big" (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=49674)

Machias Banshee 10-09-2014 06:52 PM

Official Ep Discussion: S3 Ep2: "A Foot too Big"

I just LOVE them being in Northampton. The farmhouse, the change of scenery, Leo's voice change.... and no Kraang! The quality of the animation gets better and better all the time, too...

Poor Donnie... let's just hope Bigfoot doesn't wanna hug 'im and squeeze 'im and call him 'George'.

So, Leo is recovering, and the boys are all adjusting to life on the surface. Fresh air, sunshine, a breeze that's not a mix of car exhaust and restaurant odors. No traffic, no people....nothing.

Just trees... lots of trees.

We've already seen them deal with Leo's mutagen/cereal/barf creature "The Creep", so where else has his 'breakfast' traveled to in the forest?

But now we've got the hint about Donnie and April coming up in this episode. Will the storyboards we saw months ago come true? Will Donnie be dragged along by the nose, not understanding April's intentions? And how will Casey react? Or is this all a smokescreen and we're only getting teased further?

And now we wait for tomorrow night... so very, very far away.

Stay Tuned!

Machias Banshee 10-10-2014 06:31 PM

Open and Poll on the way!!

Good lord, poll options are plentiful.. :lol:

CyberCubed 10-10-2014 06:33 PM

Weird episode but was funny at parts. One thing I notice is how the CG animation really looks better this season than the first two. Did they get a bigger budget?

Not much to say otherwise, just a silly filler episode.

JTH 10-10-2014 06:33 PM

And...

They're real.

Let the fun begin!

Also gotta love "The Body" as The Finger. :D

Luigiperps 10-10-2014 06:35 PM

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/...ps78b723ae.jpg

Zatoichi 10-10-2014 06:35 PM

So those Apriltello storyboard pics finally happened, cool.

Also, someone on these boards said that "Buried Secrets" wouldn't be aired until Halloween but it looked like it's going to air next week.

IndigoErth 10-10-2014 06:36 PM

Ohhhkay... not entirely sure what happened there, but was pretty entertaining. Did not expect Bigfoot to talk. o.O Hah,and Bigfoot really is a girl... I think?

Ok, gladly retract my speculations about when 'it' would happen, but have to agree with Donnie about basically not understanding anything. Wtf, April. Show starts off with really awkwardly excusing yourself and ends like... Hm.

Best part... Ice Cream Kitty. Poor thing... lol

Edit: So... if the Kraang mutated monkeys and resulted in humans, were Bigfoots a previous trial attempt?

Zatoichi 10-10-2014 06:39 PM

Anyone else notice the "Hulkamainia" reference when Donnie and Mikey were fighting The Finger? Loved that.

JTH 10-10-2014 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zatoichi (Post 1362962)
Anyone else notice the "Hulkamainia" reference when Donnie and Mikey were fighting The Finger? Loved that.

What else would you expect from a former pro wrestler? :lol:

kolaida 10-10-2014 06:43 PM

Wow, uhm, what did I just watch, lol. I never thought I would say this, but I really hope I see more of Raph and Leo next episode. But I am enjoying seeing more of Mikey.

There were a few cool shots while they ( Donnie and Mikey) fought the Finger. And the Finger and his mom, whoa, glad it's October at least. Bigfoot and her Donnie crush was funny/cute. Oh, wow. And the end. I guess now a case can be made for April encouraging this crush that she didn't seem to into earlier in the episode or before really. Loved the part where Casey and Leo were laughing about Bigfoot's crush (though did feel bad for her).

Oh, and best part was Bigfoot taking care of sad man, lol. :tlol:

Oh yeah, and ICK!!! Super happy about seeing the kitty. :)

Mellie 10-10-2014 06:43 PM

I loved this episode! It was so funny.

Donnie giving April the music box was precious.

Jesse "The Finger" Ventura was great. That shrunken mama head..

Atari! Raph's little butt wiggle :lol:

Raph dropping the bomb.. that Donnie is acting just like Bigfoot. I loved Don's reaction. His facial expressions were perfect.

Leo you dick. :ohwell: Poor Bigfoot..

That twist ending! How silly.

Then of course the storyboard... it actually happened. I'm confused too Donnie.

I don't know if it's because they're out in the daylight, but the animation this season has been wonderful.

FoxBoxKid 10-10-2014 06:45 PM

That episode left me feeling... icky. :dead:

Mellie 10-10-2014 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zatoichi (Post 1362957)

Also, someone on these boards said that "Buried Secrets" wouldn't be aired until Halloween but it looked like it's going to air next week.

At the NYCC panel today, pretty sure I heard them say it was a Halloween-ish episode, but it was airing on the 17th.

CyberCubed 10-10-2014 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoxBoxKid (Post 1362970)
That episode left me feeling... icky. :dead:

Because of Bigfoot on human loving?

kolaida 10-10-2014 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mellie (Post 1362968)

I don't know if it's because they're out in the daylight, but the animation this season has been wonderful.

LOL @ the "Leo you dick" lol!! But it was soooo funny! I was totally laughing with him and Casey lol

And, yeah, animation's been great, love it

CyberCubed 10-10-2014 06:51 PM

I thought Bigfoot should have been male. Seeing a gay romance in this show would have been groundbreaking in a kids show.

IndigoErth 10-10-2014 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mellie (Post 1362968)

Mammal sensitivity classes. And Casey next door in the gender version.

Though as a primate you'd think it wold have been just a little more noticeable that it was a she... But I guess chalk one up for the few female characters not laced with lots of human-like gender cues... even if done so they could hide the fact at first.

Luckyday 10-10-2014 06:53 PM

So April choose Donnie because, what else is a kiss on the lips suppose to mean, or she made a confusing situation even more confusing.

IndigoErth 10-10-2014 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckyday (Post 1362984)
or she made a confusing situation even more confusing.

For the time being I'm going with that. I mean, there was no pivotal moment that made it do a 180 between her behavior in the first few min of the show and the end. Hmm.

CyberCubed 10-10-2014 06:56 PM

April kissed Don in Season 1 too. Stop being influenced by tumblr, it was just to reassure Don that he wasn't being a creep like Bigfoot.