The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Official Ep Discussion: S3 Ep2: "A Foot too Big" (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=49674)

JTH 10-10-2014 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1363028)
Guys, April was calming Don down. What was she to do, tear his heart out? April is not looking to getting it on with a Turtle. Please, people.

I'll say it again. This is not fanfiction.net, tumblr, or deviantart. Your minds are obviously being influenced by what you see in this places and applying it here. I doubt 40 year o....

BabyTurtles 10-10-2014 07:54 PM

Quote:

Guys, April was calming Don down. What was she to do, tear his heart out? April is not looking to getting it on with a Turtle. Please, people.

Dude....kissing a guy to calm him down is stupid, unless she's Bella from twilight.

no girl in their right mind would kiss a guy she doesn't like on the lips to calm him down....sorry to be harsh, but don't even kid yourself.

April either likes her some attention or likes Donnie.

pannoni1 10-10-2014 08:01 PM

Unfortunately, this episode doesn't make much sense besides the obvious Star Wars, WWE, and purpose to make sure Bigfoot doesn't feel mad. I should have instead watched game one of the baseball playoffs. Thank goodness the animation was good and its welcome to have no Splinter/Foot/Kraang mentioned though.

Overall: 4/10

ObiWanFan4life 10-10-2014 08:01 PM

Uhh, ok. Shipping arguments aside, this was an entertaining episode. I'd hesitate to call it my favorite, and I didn't find it especially memorable, but it wasn't painful.

Megchan 10-10-2014 08:05 PM

In my personal opinion, I really don't see April as being a tease. Sure, her reaction to the music box wasn't exactly the best, but if you knew someone who had a crush on you and they gave you a gift with their picture on it, for no reason, you'd be uncomfortable too. April could very well be unsure of her own feelings towards Donnie. We just don't know. All we can do is wait and watch to see how the writers handle everything.

And I understand that not everyone will see things the same way that I do, but it would be nice if everyone just kept an open mind about everything.

kolaida 10-10-2014 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BabyTurtles (Post 1363032)
Dude....kissing a guy to calm him down is stupid, unless she's Bella from twilight.

no girl in their right mind would kiss a guy she doesn't like on the lips to calm him down....sorry to be harsh but don't even kid your self.

April either likes her some attention or likes Donnie.

Gotta agree with BT here. The whole Apriltello thing I don't mind ( not a fan, but I don't hate it). However, due to what Donnie was saying and April's reaction- she either likes him or likes attention. He didn't really seem not calm to me, anyway, just kinda sad. No girl is going to kiss a guy friend to calm him down unless she likes him or really loves attention (or likes playing games). Or is drunk.

it would be nice to know where her mind was at.

RedOnYellow 10-10-2014 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ObiWanFan4life (Post 1363035)
Uhh, ok. Shipping arguments aside, this was an entertaining episode. I'd hesitate to call it my favorite, and I didn't find it especially memorable, but it wasn't painful.

Agreed. I guess it was because I had low expectations going into this episode, but it turned out better than I expected.

Nothing too amazing, but enjoyable.

Okay the hunter was kind of amazing. He had some legit moves.

BabyTurtles 10-10-2014 08:12 PM

Haven't seen the episode, but what was Casey even doing while all this love stuff was going down??

JTH 10-10-2014 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megchan (Post 1363036)
In my personal opinion, I really don't see April as being a tease. Sure, her reaction to the music box wasn't exactly the best, but if you knew someone who had a crush on you and they gave you a gift with their picture on it, for no reason, you'd be uncomfortable too. April could very well be unsure of her own feelings towards Donnie. We just don't know. All we can do is wait and watch to see how the writers handle everything.

And I understand that not everyone will see things the same way that I do, but it would be nice if everyone just kept an open mind about everything.

I tend to agree with that, the fact that it was just a picture of him I believe would garner that reaction. It wasn't even a picture of him and her. I mean, if it's a gift to her from him, it should have at least had some kind of bonding towards them or her and some one else, perhaps even her and her father and she would have taken it much better.

kolaida 10-10-2014 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BabyTurtles (Post 1363040)
Haven't seen the episode, but what was Casey even doing while all this love stuff was going down??

Listening to Leo "be a dick" lol! He was mostly in the lab area working on the car. He wasn't around during any of it, lol.

IndigoErth 10-10-2014 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kolaida (Post 1363037)
Or is drunk.

Probably the best answer right there. Someone found and hid an old stash of alcohol in the house. In two weeks, the public service anti-drinking episode.

As for Casey, he wasn't really even involved too much in this episode, and not around at all in the music box/kiss parts.

Largely a Donnie, Mikey, Bigfoot episode with a good dose of Raph in certain portions.

Luckyday 10-10-2014 08:19 PM

Quote:

That kind of reaction, I understand perfectly. It's equivalent of someone painting a mural of you on public property. It's just why...why make it so hard to understand when you, yourself have done much to avoid at all cost. I don't know about you that means to me that she is not into Donnie and through out season 2, she made pretty strong hints that she was attracted to Casey. Hell, you can't fault girl having for urges but you can fault her if she doesn't know what the heck she wants.

Bitsy83 10-10-2014 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberCubed (Post 1363001)
Agreed. A gay Bigfoot crushing on Donnie would have been funnier.

Especially the ending with the finger.

What would've been ten TIMES funnier was if Bigfoot thought Donnie was a girl. :lol: That would've made me laugh till I got a hernia.

kolaida 10-10-2014 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndigoErth (Post 1363045)
Probably the best answer right there. Someone found and hid an old stash of alcohol in the house. In two weeks, the public service anti-drinking episode.

As for Casey, he wasn't really even involved too much in this episode, and not around at all in the music box/kiss parts.

Largely a Donnie, Mikey, Bigfoot episode with a good dose of Raph in certain portions.

I see Mikey being the star of that episode, lol. I'm sure he makes an awesome, happy drunk, lol.

Coola Yagami 10-10-2014 08:27 PM

Quote:

I'll say it again. This is not fanfiction.net, tumblr, or deviantart. Your minds are obviously being influenced by what you see in this places and applying it here. I doubt 40 year old adults have any interest in writing April on Turtle action.

Stop the idiocy. You keep forgetting this is a cartoon for kids. That kiss we saw was as 'April on turtle action' as this show is gonna get.

Regardless of if April gets with a mutant or a human were not gonna see her ride the banana you big sicko.

snake 10-10-2014 08:35 PM

Missed the episode. I was at NYCC. How was it?

Bitsy83 10-10-2014 08:36 PM

Quote:

THAT!!! Right there. It wasn't that April didn't like the thought behind his gift, but you got to admit a music box with his picture might have been a bit...well, overwhelming for her. Lord knows if my boyfriend or even a guy I was seriously crushing on did that for me, I'd be sort of creeped out too, even if I knew he himself wasn't a creep. Just think of a time when someone you loved gave you something you just didn't really want. I remember giving my mother a mug with my picture on it and she had a smile so forced, I thought her teeth were gonna break (I was 11 and it was at one of those photo places at the mall. Wasn't even that great of a picture...)

I honestly think she DOES care for Donnie and maybe would like to give them a chance.

Just not right now.

Remember guys, the earth is sort of - oh, I don't know - SLOWLY BEING TAKEN OVER BY AN ENTIRE ALIEN RACE BENT ON MUTATING THE PLANET!!!!!!!

April just wants her love life to be put on the back burner right now so they can focus on

A) Getting Leo back to full health and emotional stability.

B) Work on a plan to get back to New York undetected.

C) Take out Shredder

D) Find Splinter

E) Turn the mutated people back to normal, including Kirby

and

F) Completely annihilate the Kraang so we can get this stupid invasion plot done with!!!

Not particularly in that order, but these are probably the main things April's focusing on right now. Plus, we still have the deal with April's mother coming into the picture. I think the kiss was just to confirm Donnie that he doesn't need to keep trying so hard to win her affections because...well, he may have already won them. She certainly doesn't seem to be "playing house" with Casey.

She just wants to hit the "Pause" button right now. Or move really really slowly. This is not only her first boyfriend (that we know of), but also a boyfriend who isn't human, so it's a lot to take in.

Deal with the major, world-altering problems first, then work on who will take you to Murikami's on Saturday night.

The Stryker 10-10-2014 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coola Yagami (Post 1363053)
Stop the idiocy. You keep forgetting this is a cartoon for kids. That kiss we saw was as 'April on turtle action' as this show is gonna get.

Regardless of if April gets with a mutant or a human were not gonna see her ride the banana you big sicko.

He's on your side dude.

JTH 10-10-2014 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Stryker (Post 1363067)
He's on your side dude.

That's not the point of it.

The fact that Cubed even bothers to say it like anyone actually believes it would happen and is that moronic is...

Well, exactly as OP put it.

NinjaPug 10-10-2014 08:52 PM

Another episode in and I really don't like Seth Green as Leo. It's nothing against Green - I just don't think the new voice fits the character.