The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Official Ep Discussion: S3 Ep2: "A Foot too Big" (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=49674)

Ninjinister 10-10-2014 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warhorse (Post 1363124)
once you hit that certain point in your life, your hormones go butt wild! Well, at least for the normal ones.

Thanks for that.

Warhorse 10-10-2014 09:45 PM

With The Finger, I just felt like, he seemed like one of the hillbillies from Without a Paddle, strange enough considering who's now part of the cast on TMNT. The part where he's talking to the shrunken head, reminded me of the guy in the movie talking to the fish.

Warrior 10-10-2014 09:45 PM

dafuq did I just watch.

I'm even more bewildered after watching this than I was after watching pizza face. PF was an unpredictable sort of absurdity, but this was just painful. At least the animation was pretty.

Leofan26 10-10-2014 09:45 PM

Oh gosh no, April's become the Asami Legend of Korra season two of the group :(

Not that I've ever been a fan of her character but ick.

Writers do remember what's going on in New York right?

Love in these types of shows are bad enough but we've got love triangles too.

Did these guy's decide to take notes from the negative aspects of early seasons of Legend of Korra? Remember those dreadful days..

This episode had it's funny moments but they need to stop this love stuff, or I might have to stop. I miss my 2003 series :(

Awe Cybs, your comments always make me want to puke, fun to read :lol:

Warhorse 10-10-2014 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninjinister (Post 1363136)
Thanks for that.

No problem. Anytime dude!:P

Autbot_Benz 10-10-2014 09:50 PM

so far turtles season 3 has been stupid filler halloween episodes. Just get back to Shredder already.

OrangeNinja1987 10-10-2014 09:52 PM

It was a nice episode. I liked some parts and didn't like others. How the heck could the Finger guy take on two ninja like that? He seemed way too powerful.
What I liked:
1. The "Yo mama jokes" at the end
2. Donnie and Mikey reacting to the wild
3. The humor outside of the fights was pretty funny
4. the vague reference to Abigail Finn. :D

What I didn't like:
1. the storyboard ending (I like Apritello, but that scene I never looked at myself on the storyboards but have heard so much hype for really let me down. Donnie's first kiss is such a cute scene, and then there's this that didn't feel genuine or cute.
2. Bigfoot.
3. The Finger
4. The "42 exploding arrows" gag. I really think they'd all explode at once and really do some damage, but I know that would have been too far.
5. the gross humor. Felt excessive this episode. One of the things I like about the show is that it usually doesn't go down to the level of gross-out jokes.
Overall: 6.8/10
Meh. Better than Pizza Face and Chinatown Ghost Story. It's got that going for it.

miru 10-10-2014 09:52 PM

This episode was surprisingly emotional. I thought it would be more Kraang monkey buisness.

JTH 10-10-2014 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leofan26 (Post 1363140)

Writers do remember what's going on in New York right?

Yes, I'm pretty sure they do...:roll:

In any form of martial arts, one of the basic codes is to clear your mind and not dwell on your failures. To allow you to refocus. If you can't put your failures out of your mind, they'll haunt you forever.

That's what the whole point of the Vision Quests will be for, to clear their minds, cleanse their souls, and allow them to refocus on how to take back the city.

CyberCubed 10-10-2014 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz (Post 1363147)
so far turtles season 3 has been stupid filler halloween episodes. Just get back to Shredder already.

I hope you're joking. The Creep episode was fantastic and this one was just fun.

Autbot_Benz 10-10-2014 09:56 PM

I am guessing next week the Turtles meet up with the Scooby Gang.

Warhorse 10-10-2014 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz (Post 1363147)

And, it's only going to get worse. They have a new executive producer now, and he's also head writer of the writing team, and, he also loves them old 80's horror movies, and, we have already been confirmed that there will be a total of 13 episodes around April's farmhouse, and we also know we are going to get an episode where Freddy Kruger will be voicing some deranged beaver, so, I suggest sit back and let it all unfold.

Luckyday 10-10-2014 09:59 PM

I wonder if it's going to become american horror story level of crazy.

Autbot_Benz 10-10-2014 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warhorse (Post 1363159)
And, it's only going to get worse. They have a new executive producer now, and he's also head writer of the writing team, and, he also loves them old 80's horror movies, and, we have already been confirmed that there will be a total of 13 episodes around April's farmhouse, and we also know we are going to get an episode where Freddy Kruger will be voicing some deranged beaver, so, I suggest sit back and let it all unfold.

I wanna know what the Foot Clan and Kranngs are doing. I wanna know what happened to Splinter and Leatherhead. Heck I wanna know where Slash went off to. screw this stupid horror episode nonsense.

Warhorse 10-10-2014 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz (Post 1363158)
I am guessing next week the Turtles meet up with the Scooby Gang.

I'd rather they do a spoof on Goonies instead.

BabyTurtles 10-10-2014 10:03 PM

I'm....just gonna keep skipping these episodes...

Can someone tell me when it gets to something important? Shredder...Hun...EPF maybe....a deep character episode that doesn't include romance... (also nothing with April)

Luckyday 10-10-2014 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BabyTurtles (Post 1363169)

Can someone tell me when it gets to something important? Shredder...Hun...EPF maybe....a deep character episode that doesn't include romance... (also nothing with April)

I keep you updated for your sake. :lol:

Warhorse 10-10-2014 10:05 PM

Quote:

I might skip the one that has the frogs. I mean, their designs alone look stupid. But, I will have to admit, I watched this episode tonight with my cousins, and one of them has never really cared about the show, actually sat down, and was very amused about the whole Bigfoot crushing on Donnie. I don't think I've seen her laugh so hard in all of her 11 years.

IndigoErth 10-10-2014 10:05 PM

Quote:

(also nothing with April)

How 'bout we just lose her in the woods for a while. Granted Donnie will be determined to find her so we either go without him for a bit too or lock him up in the house.

BabyTurtles 10-10-2014 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckyday (Post 1363170)
I keep you updated for your sake. :lol:

Thank you~ you're the best! :D