The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Rise of the TMNT Discussion (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Is Leo gay? (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=63513)

Shark_Blade 01-12-2021 01:09 AM

Is Leo gay?

Fans are saying that Leo is gay particularly in “The Hidden City Job” episode. Thoughts?

https://twitter.com/ohmigoshturtles/...794826240?s=21

I mean he’s hyper and hugging men and smiling and oggling them, even complementing “Oh you guys are handsome :teek:“

but is he really?

neatoman 01-12-2021 04:11 AM

I got more gay out of Baron Draxum than Leo, the fact that he admired another man's abs amongst other things sort of overshadows anything else.

srmff 01-12-2021 12:48 PM

It's not impossible but I wouldn't consider that episode confirmation. Skin and Bones is meant to be an incredibly good looking man. He defeated all the goons just by being good looking. Someone isn't automatically gay just for admiring how handsome, beautiful, etc. someone of the same sex is.

ZariusTwo 01-12-2021 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark_Blade (Post 1876074)
Fans are saying?

Fans are idiots

Leo656 01-12-2021 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZariusTwo (Post 1876133)
Fans are idiots

Some more than others....

Coola Yagami 01-12-2021 01:12 PM

Hard to say, men admire other men's muscles all the time without it being gay. Why else do guys think Schwarzenegger and Stallone were so famous back in their day? Or why do wrestling fans demand the newer stars be as huge as the guys were back in the 80's and such?

IMJ 01-12-2021 01:20 PM

In the "Rise" incarnation? Yeah probably. It would fit the operating model and agenda of the era.

So yeah sure, why not. Cool? Move on, no one cares.

superstaff 01-29-2021 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IMJ (Post 1876137)
In the "Rise" incarnation? Yeah probably. It would fit the operating model and agenda of the era.

So yeah sure, why not. Cool? Move on, no one cares.

Best answer in this post. :tsmile:

frank_one 01-29-2021 10:37 AM

When there are no female examples in your species I guess it's ok to be gay, unless you admit cross-species sex.

TransPirate 08-13-2022 06:21 AM

None of RotTMNT turts are straight, obviously.

clockstomper 08-15-2022 01:45 PM

In shows and movies where you don't have a lot of deep character study, it's always more fun to leave these things ambiguous, it allows speculating and leaves the character more relatable to a wider swath of people. You see gay there, but maybe someone else sees something different and when you don't confirm, both are valid.

Take James from Pokemon for an example. If they ever came out and said he was one particular thing, you would just be snatching him away from 3 or 4 other communities who felt kinship with him. And now Pikachu looks like a bully. But leave it as is and people aren't excluded, we all win.

Cowabung-Gal 08-15-2022 03:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by frank_one (Post 1878009)
When there are no female examples in your species I guess it's ok to be gay, unless you admit cross-species sex.

Mojo Jojo has experienced both in prison.

Coola Yagami 08-15-2022 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clockstomper (Post 1941791)
And now Pikachu looks like a bully.

Naw, that's woke nonsense. Pikachu zaps him cause he's a bad guy that's always trying to capture him, not because James is gay and Pikachu is just so gosh darn homophobic.

Like I get what you mean, but that's the kind of thinking that is letting Ezra get away with all this ****.

The Deadman 08-15-2022 07:50 PM

If he were, I'd still watch the cartoon anyway. Who cares.

Panda_Kahn_fan 08-15-2022 08:43 PM

The rise version? I guess so, maybe. All other versions, probably not. (Mirage had Radical, '87 had Lotus Blossom, 2k3 and 2012 had a sort-of thing with Karai, etc.)

The Great Saiyaman 08-16-2022 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coola Yagami (Post 1876135)
Hard to say, men admire other men's muscles all the time without it being gay. Why else do guys think Schwarzenegger and Stallone were so famous back in their day? Or why do wrestling fans demand the newer stars be as huge as the guys were back in the 80's and such?

Thank you for giving me a reason to post this song and a translation to what it says.

If I were built like Arnold Schwarzenegger
Then I could spend hours just admiring myself in the mirror
Giggling like a school girl and beaming from happiness
I would never go back to being little old me.

I'd be proud of my legs
Train with heavy dumbbells
And after coating myself in cod liver oil
I wouldn't look so bad at all.

But I'm as floppy as a towel
As weak as a mussel
As slow as a slug
I couldn't put a dent in a pack of butter
And I'll break my spine carrying freshly baked cake
Although the one thing I do have, is that I'll fit perfectly in a union suit.

If I were built like Arnold Schwarzenegger
I'd let my pecks roll around really smoothly
Bathing in sweat and breathing heavily in bliss
I could've spent hours having my way with a sand bag

Beautiful girls would start to scream
When laying their eyes on my glutes
And when I'd do my jumping rope routine
They would crush each other just to witness it.

As weak as a mussel
As slow as a slug

I sometimes wonder if Arnold can recite "Rubber baby buggy bumper" without stuttering.
And suppose if he CAN do so without stuttering, and that he doesn't stutter at all.
Would that be enough, so he can be cast for the role of Don Juan?

As weak as a mussel
As slow as a slug

Bahamut810 08-19-2022 01:46 PM

I don't remember anything to indicate this. The era of rise was cashing in on kids being more in touch with their feelings rather then the more recent cashing in on LGBT rep.

This does not necessarily mean he is straight or anything, there is just no evidence that I can recall to suggest he is gay.