The Technodrome Forums

The Technodrome Forums (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/index.php)
-   Buying/Selling/Trading (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   [WTB] Ninja Turtles Adventures #8 4th Print (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=59120)

Rat_King 11-16-2017 08:14 AM

Ninja Turtles Adventures #8 4th Print

Hey everyone,

I’m looking for the Archie Ninja Turtles Adventures #8 4th Print. It will specify 4th Printing at the end of the indicia.

Thanks!

oldmanwinters 11-16-2017 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rat_King (Post 1729123)
Hey everyone,

I’m looking for the Archie Ninja Turtles Adventures #8 4th Print. It will specify 4th Printing at the end of the indicia.

Thanks!

I never knew there was much interest in printing run of the Archie issues. What's the specific interest?

Rat_King 11-16-2017 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmanwinters (Post 1729149)
I never knew there was much interest in printing run of the Archie issues. What's the specific interest?

I’m a completionist and collect every printing. This is the only one I’m missing from the Archie run.

MrPliggins 11-20-2017 06:28 PM

This is probably pretty rare to find. I remember seeing TMNTA reprints, picturing the Archie Editor in the UPC box, at Kaybee Toys back in the day. Good luck with the search!

Rat_King 11-20-2017 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPliggins (Post 1730229)
This is probably pretty rare to find. I remember seeing TMNTA reprints, picturing the Archie Editor in the UPC box, at Kaybee Toys back in the day. Good luck with the search!

Yeah, for whatever reason, the fourth prints are more difilicult to find than the fifth prints which #1-10 all had. #11 only went to a fourth. While they are a little rarer, #8 is the only one eluding me. Most of my problem is I always see the same vendors at the Cons I go to. The other problem is sites like Mile High and My Comic Shop that don’t know how to tell the printings apart. MCS doesn’t give any effort and MH thinks they do and don’t. Lol. There are plenty of this book out there. People just don’t realize they have it.

MrPliggins 11-20-2017 07:40 PM

Maybe everyone should check their copies. Someone might have one and think it's a first print. I really didn't know there were that many printings of #1-10. Is the indicia the only way to tell, outside of the upc box image?

If you can't tell by looking at the cover, I can imagine the frustration in trying to find one online.

Shedder 11-20-2017 07:51 PM

Sorry if this is ignorant but what is the "indica" ?
How are the ways I tell what printing I have or have come across so I can keep an eye out

Powder 11-20-2017 07:54 PM

Checked mine, it's #5. I wasn't even aware they had that many printings, hot damn. How many issues were made per print? Must've been selling like friggin' crazy!

Rat_King 11-21-2017 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shedder (Post 1730270)
Sorry if this is ignorant but what is the "indica" ?
How are the ways I tell what printing I have or have come across so I can keep an eye out

Don’t feel bad. A lot of people aren’t aware of this. The indicia is the text that covers all of the copyright info, print date, and generally print number. For the Archie run you can tell printing by the following:

1st Print- Color ad on the inside front cover and does NOT specify printing at the end of the indicia.

2nd Print- Black & White ad on the inside front cover and also does NOT specify printing at the end of the indicia.

3rd-5th Print- Also have black & White ad on the inside front cover but specify printing number at the end of the indicia.

Some reprintings have the “salute to the editor” image on the front. A few of the 2nd Prints have this and are commonly mistaken for being their own special salute to the editor editions. They are indeed just 2nd Prints.

Issue 1-10 had 5 printings.
Issue 11 had 4 printings.
Issue 12 had 2 printings.
All newsstand editions only had one printing.
Issues 1-11 also have Canadian editions which have $1.25 pricing. The American releases as stated above were $1.00.

I believe issues 11 and 12 actually have Color ads on the inside front cover regardless of printing but actually specify in the indicia what printing even with the 1st and 2nd.

Rat_King 11-21-2017 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPliggins (Post 1730263)
Maybe everyone should check their copies. Someone might have one and think it's a first print. I really didn't know there were that many printings of #1-10. Is the indicia the only way to tell, outside of the upc box image?

If you can't tell by looking at the cover, I can imagine the frustration in trying to find one online.

I just listed all the ways to tell above which makes it almost impossible to tell on eBay unless someone happens to snap a pic of the page with the indicia. It’s a whole lot of asking every seller the same two questions. Lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 1730272)
Checked mine, it's #5. I wasn't even aware they had that many printings, hot damn. How many issues were made per print? Must've been selling like friggin' crazy!

How many copies were in each print run is the one thing I don’t know. Lol. But yeah, I’m assuming they just kept exceeding sales projections.